Heavyweight Boots Championships 2013 - 2015

Megatron1505

First of all I'm jealous of EVERYONE's boots ('specially the engineer boots), Secondly I have some good news.

I was doing inventory of the DoubleXX shirts and I found these...

boots_zps7d4b10cc.jpg

I have the following sizes left..

1 Medium
2 X-Large
1 XX-Large

$35 shipped anywhere in the world

if you want one please PM me and I'll send you a paypal invoice.
First come, First Serve. As they sell I'll update this post with what
I have left.

We were supposed to only print enough for those that made the order deadline
and no one in the print shop can tell me why these have been sitting back there
for two months.

Anyway hit me up if you would like one. I'll ship the same day you pay!

Xposting from IH forum:

TOW [tug of war] model in reverse kip butt.  they're built tough really & not easy to break in. 'my entry for the HBC challenge,  as it turned out, became a personal challenge.

i have not posted anything with regards to my [entry] boots on HBC except the initial post cuz i was having 2nd thoughts about keeping them.  i almost gave up when they  developed an annoying squeak [on the outside side seam], on both.  'wondered if [this] was just a normal "stage" of the break in process, or maybe the choice in leather &/or model ... or prolly i just gotta accept i might have gotten a lemon, plain & simple :(

thought it might be damaging to WL to post my experience w/o checking with them 1st, so i emailed WL a couple of times.  ... but, queries were ignored. 'almost gave up if it weren't for  simonc's & michaeljcr's advice to soldier on.  thanx guys!

fast forward:  after 6mos = 3mos effective wear,  the squeak is suddenly gone.  "farting", as simonc's son described it, was just part of the break in stages, indeed ... at least for [these] kind of boot build,  i suppose.

the "farting stage" is finally over, TG!  the leather has softened quite a bit & the triple soles are showing some flex.  with the "Superfeet" half-insoles i found,  the wearing experience had greatly improved.  i've been wearing them a lot more lately. 

3dgm.jpg
Edited by BrownMetallic

Better pic...worn everyday since April, including to work..I work as an bulk electric transmission system substation operator. I've destroyed boots in less than 4 months in the past. The fact that these boots look like this speak to how well they are built, as well as the quality of the leather. I've heard how CXL is too thin, that it would be ill-suited for work boot applications...I disagree:

79c0ec400b3773af9f27dcd60dc05b04.jpg

I know I recently posted pics, but I'm stuck in a hotel in Atlanta for a work conference, and had some decent natural light in my room*, so I took some shots...

b74e51a459179ac2aa08e3991ba3916d.jpg

57d482b3f858eb04e67d9b26ef230d07.jpg

7d10ce8842634e6f2a74157df2872203.jpg

The "antique" hardware is looking even more so as it wears...it's much more apearant in person. iPad doesn't do macros, and my DSLR is bricked.

01bb1470a058b08d5c505c2ff0b857c3.jpg

*while the light was good, the carpeting, not so much....

• 3 weeks later...
HWB-53 

Wlliam Lennon "T.O.W"

Update:

lately, i noticed that the squeak comes back every time i oil them.  although, not as pronounced as when boots were new.  after a few wears, once the oil gets absorbed &/or dry out, [it] dissipates & goes away. such a quirky cycle!

honestly, the feeling was ambivalent when i opened the shipping box,  seeing them for the 1st time  ...  ie, not the same "out-of-the-box" excitement as with the White's SD HHs,  Maltons,  nor the Vibergs.

the initial experience was uninspiring & arduous cuz, unlike w/the more popular bootmakers where evos are well/sufficiently documented,  i was out on a limb with no cross references regarding wear,  no "milestone" to look for to see where i'm at [in the process]  ...  nothing to guide me through & nothing to look forward to.

however,  WL choice was exactly to explore the unknown.  if i'm going to put up an entry & invest 2yrs into it,  i want to contribute something different.  

they may not have the dapper look of the Maltons or the  pizzazz of the 'bergs,  but they definitely got the  "old world" charm__ truly, a rugged beauty.

with the "foot rebellion" quelled.  i proudly march on in harmony w/the TOWs.  i know it'll prolly take past 1yr mark to see any significant progress  ...  & even quite a bit more for it to come to its own,  but i'm mosdef on board & beginning to enjoy the journey ... actually scheming for another build on the WW 1 B2 model  :)  
Edited by BrownMetallic

I would take them to a repair shop, that is some serious wear that you must have put on those bad boys.

I think I'll do that, should be an easy fix. I have worn them a lot, actually today is the first day that I haven't worn them to work. (Wearing a pair of rough out Danner Mountain Lts today, and they feel like running shoes) I don't know what cause the nails to pull through, the actual outsoles are holding up well, I have some wear on the heels, but nothing severe. It's only the one boot, and almost as if the rubber is too soft, or the nail heads too small. The nails are still in the midsoles, but the outsole has started to separate. Not good, as I really miss wearing my White's!

Seems like it's more a problem with the rubber half sole than it is with the nails.  A repair shop should be able to fix that pretty easily, though.

If you're really into the DIY vibe, I'd pull the nails, reglue the sole edge, (using something like Barge leather cement) coat the nails with more glue, then hammer them back into the original holes.  I'm always hesitant to make additional holes in leather, unless it's absolutely necessary.