badest axes you've seen live

airfrogusmc

Yeah, I gotta say out of them all he was my favorite, he died the same day my first wife asked for a divorce. I miss Stevie Ray waaaayyyyy worse than I miss her trifling ass.

I gotta add one, and I actually have not seen him yet but hope to soon:

Dan Auerbach sp? from The Black Keys, man he is a smokin slide player.

These are in no particular order

Jeff Beck........ WHOA what can I say

Vernon Reid

Buddy Guy

Dave Navarro

Roy Buchanan

WOW! I saw the name of this thread and the first name that popped into my head was Jeff Beck..but I didnt think anyone would know who that was if I posted his name on here. And the first name I see when I read the thread is Jeff Beck hahaha

• 2 weeks later...
john fahey

No one with an electric guitar can even touch this man.

Jack Rose is the most mesmerizing guitarist I've ever seen,

right out of the Fahey tradition.

No one with an electric guitar can even touch this man.

Jack Rose is the most mesmerizing guitarist I've ever seen,

right out of the Fahey tradition.

i really should see jack rose sometime. he plays philly all the time so when the gigs come around, i always figure i'll catch him next time. i've seen him in person, but not with a guitar....

anyway, he is amazing on record.

i really should see jack rose sometime.

It's even better than on record, he is the spitting image of his music. When I saw him he was sipping on a mint julep between songs and he was totally dedicated to his instrument and music. To end the set he covered a Fahey blues with another Takoma-esque virtuoso whose name eludes me.

Have you guys seen those guys live? I've never had a chance to witness the metal masters at work... Then again, I'm often turned off by guitar magazine favorites.

Jimmy Bruno -- very good jazz guitarist, used to check him out in Philly, cuz Chris's Jazz Cafe didn't card.

J Mascis

I've seen 'em both. As far as metal masters go John Petrucci is right up there, however Satch... easily the best of the group. Saw him from the front row, and I feel safe saying he is THE most technically superior player i've ever heard or seen.

Saw Santana when I was younger, like the summer before high school started. Santana's tone just kills me. Chops are nice, but to me, live shows and guitarists, it's all about tone. Was also thoroughly impressed with Lenny Kravitz's tone, less so the whole show in general.

I'm a big fan of guitarists who have the mixed up amp setups, something heavy like a Marshall half stack or something similar as well as something lighter like a Fender Twin, tweed, Vox, etc, running in unison.

alistair parker

from the gordons and now bailter space...i had always been told that he was amazing but from recordings had never been that impresed...but to see him live playing through a borrowed orange head...cranked wide open i could not beleive the incredible overtones from the cleanest/loudest guitar i had ever heard...just beautiful