Givenchy mens F/W 13 - Paris

bill

Yeah...we're finally starting to see something a little different from Givenchy.

The jackets and coats look really nice. Nice blend of leather and boiled wool in this collection

The shirts are ok

Disagree. I think opening ceremony have done an amazing job of reviving the brand. Fashion is a business and now the label is making $$$.

But we weren't talking about money were we? Givenchy definitely isn't over as the original poster had said, is it?

I agree Kenzo is popular and is making money. But aesthetically, I think it's over. It's hipster and simply an extension of O.C. Doesn't even compare to what Antonio Marras and Kenzo himself did for the label design wise.

I must admit I never really paid attention to Kenzo, but I remember going thru the Rizzoli book two years ago and it was just wonderful.

The brand has changed, yes, but it's not only t-shirts and jumpers (contrary to what people seem to think - and like). Same with Givenchy. I don't care if it's hip or not.

Also, Kenzo looks hip because they sent jumpers to editors, buyers and other persons in the industry. They all wore them during the fashion weeks and got their pictures takes (and some photographers got paid for it, too). Don't know if it's the same case for Givenchy.

I prefer this collection to the previous. All black stuff with patches will be all over this year. Footwear it nice. Baseball glove outerwear is ugly but interesting. Buff people will love the leather things with removable sleeves.

Looks like they forgot the pants somewhere and got the models to tie the jackets around their waist (typicaly Panos).