bill

Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

Not a big fan of Kanye but calling Hedi a brilliant artist is taking it a bit too far. He feels the time allright but nothing he has done has been super original a tweak here a tweak there. Don't get me wrong buthe ain't no yohi or rick owens, where as you see it you know who it is by.

A thrift shop and my tailor can do that too. And yes my tailor is that good.

Maybe now he isn't pushing boundaries, but don't forget that before VOTC he was one of the the most innovative designers out there. 

I didn't see any pre LV work from him and I am sure he is an excellent craftsman but looking at the last dior and YSL shows I only see him doing the same thing again.

Oh and the woman's show?? 

http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/saint-laurent-drops-a-retailer-in-t-shirt-flap/?_r=0

colette will no longer stock saint laurent

i think it's a bit of an extreme decision

but seriously though, fashion parody shirts need to stop now 

think of the children

Does anyone know if there are already fakes of SLP paris clothing (men and women's) floating around?

Far too much fashion criticism just sort of declares that something is happening and makes vague gestures to words like "line" and "architectural" without really demonstrating where this Thing is happening or what It is doing to buttress, uh, new masculinity. That's just my impression of this video, nothing to do with that collection.

Does anyone know if there are already fakes of SLP paris clothing (men and women's) floating around?

there are fakes out there

there are 'replicas' on ebay and rakuten..but i haven't seen any that are blatantly fake with faux SLP tags and etc 

Any comments on my perfecto fit?  i feel like i coulda sized up one...size 46

main thing that's bugging me is sleeve length

fit_zps59e9ab00.jpg

fit2_zps5bb77477.jpg

fitback_zpsc59cc0cb.jpg

fitside_zpsfb05149b.jpg

what do you guys think?

I think the runway look works fine, because of the high rise of the pants.

It looks too small when worn with low-rise jeans.

i can't do anything about the length though - the 48 was the same - sleeves were a pinch longer - but unnoticeable - it was basically more body width...

Any comments on my perfecto fit?  i feel like i coulda sized up one...size 46

main thing that's bugging me is sleeve length

fit_zps59e9ab00.jpg

fit2_zps5bb77477.jpg

fitback_zpsc59cc0cb.jpg

fitside_zpsfb05149b.jpg

what do you guys think?

I think it is perfectly fitted.   -------- how tall are you? 

My girl and I went to the Céline outlet up in Harriman NY today, and I found there was a YSL / SLP outlet up there as well. I went in and it's a mini SLP store, women's shoes and bags in front, mens and womens RTW in the back room with a small selection of mens shoes.

The outlet runs a year behind, so they just recently got some ss13. Tons of great womens stuff, mens was pretty scattered - lots of suiting (size 46 - 50), shirting was the babycat western, geometric shapes, and a lot of the Grimes tees - mostly in larger sizes 40-42. Only two pairs of jeans in size 27 from ss13, and shoes only had the studded low top sneakers and the glitter boots and jodhpurs. Pricing seemed to be about 50-75% from retail.

I tried asking one of the SA's about when they will expect fall and it seems around Aug-Sept they will have a good selection of whatever was left over... probably not much tbh.

iirc they had the silver and gold glitter jodhpurs - both were marked at $519. Glitter had one last pair, 41.5. The silver had a 42 out but it didn't say last pair so they probably have more sizes.

meh still a bit too much.

is it just me or does ss14 15.5cm denim fit a little more relaxed compared to fw13? especially in the thigh area. i remember i had to break all of my pairs in when i went tts last season. might just be me though