Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

The Black raws, won't fit like the ones in the photo, because they are raw. The material, even if they both have 2% elastic is different. The 2% elastic in the destroyed jeans makes the jeans almost fit like a second skin or jeggins. The raw's are much stiffer and will change shape. Even if you size down to a skin tight fit, the cuts are different on both models. The Raw's will have a much longer inseam producing stacks and folds. If you purchase the jeans at the boutique, there are tailors there that will give you the intended cut by cutting much closer, but they won't hem, so you'll still get minor stacks. You'll still need to wear the jeans though and stretch them out as much as possible. I've gone through about 3 pairs of raw SLP and neither have gotten as close to the natural skin tight feel as the washed/destroyed cuts. I would just go for a wash or the destroyed you like in the picture. Maybe even the black jeans with the slit in the knees. 

I have got the 355523Y859F1000 raw denim today

How do you start wearing these?

Do you soak them first?

When do you wash them and how do they fade?

Could you please give me some hints?

Thanks!

Just wear them and they'll soften up. If you're going to hem them, make sure you wear them first as they get a little shorter from creasing behind the knee (might also be wise to wash them before hemming, as depending on how you wash / dry, they might also lose some length that way. If you're not going to hem them, then I'd just start wearing them and wash them as infrequently as possible. 

Just wear them and they'll soften up. If you're going to hem them, make sure you wear them first as they get a little shorter from creasing behind the knee (might also be wise to wash them before hemming, as depending on how you wash / dry, they might also lose some length that way. If you're not going to hem them, then I'd just start wearing them and wash them as infrequently as possible. 

Thanks for your help!

So it is made out of Sanforized denim, right?

​They stretch while wearing and shrink after being washed?

How long should I wear them before I wash them?

I just want to make sure that I've got the right size

certain details of spring 2015 are growing on me...  though most of it is still definitely not for me  

1z7Hw40.jpg

really into this big western duster coat.

LHC1umK.jpg

i want to get some of the new belts... anyone see any info online (i.e. pre-orders)?  i see that luisaviaroma features the brown western belt extensively in their previews, but didn't give any pricing or info on the belt itself

no i was referring to the thick belt with the big square buckle in the last picture of my post

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if the black raw jeans shrink at all after washing? Got a pair and due to poor labelling on the website I think they are 17cm when I was expecting 15cm. Still, I like the fit in the thigh and waist but wish they tapered more. Can I expect any shrinkage after first wash if I use warm water or should I just get them tapered by a tailor?

Sorry for the mundane question, searched the thread and found a lot on whether they stretch but not much on how they are after they're washed. My Acne jeans always fit 100% better after first wash so hoping it will be the same here, but my suspicion is that's because the acnes are stretch denim.

Edited by Ryoanji

Ryoanji Soaking won't make them more tapered, it will shrink a bit in the waist and inseam but won't change the way the jeans were cut. I'd take them to a tailor so they can get them to preciously where you like.

Somewhat related but I got the ss15 frayed hem raws in 15.5 off LVR - Really like the subtle distressing and whiskering. One of my favorite pairs so far, the aw14 ones were oddly wide in the leg for me. The rise is a bit higher than the aw13 and aw14 iterations which I like.

Louis Vuitton - No.

striped lame (lamé) blazer is right- who buys this shit, the second coming of liberace?

1012664000_4_large.jpg

Is that a SLP picture ??

If so how do you guys wear those jackets??

The sleeve reaches 3/4 up of his forearm... How  do you fit a shirt underneath or bend your arms??

I can understand the aesthetics of Hedi's thrift shop look but according to everyone it fits perfectly.. This one seems clearly not..

Is that a SLP picture ??

If so how do you guys wear those jackets??

The sleeve reaches 3/4 up of his forearm... How  do you fit a shirt underneath or bend your arms??

I can understand the aesthetics of Hedi's thrift shop look but according to everyone it fits perfectly.. This one seems clearly not..

It fits that way cause the model is 6'2 and lanky. I'm 5'8 and the jackets (size 44)  perfectly fall just proximal to the wrist.

Edited by unouomedude

The photos from Luisa and matches are also samples, sometimes from the show, so are not necessarily anything like what ends up in stores.

Jdemotion, are the frayed edge jeans skinnier than the SS14 and AW14 raw jeans? I found both of those too loose, and much prefer the AW13 versions, but would like to buy these if they're a bit skinnier. Also do they actually come with a frayed edge, or was that just for the show. Thank you.

^the original low waisted skinny jean will still be exactly the same, they won't change the pattern on those (cut in aw13). the "runway" raw jeans always have slight variations - for a comparison my raw hem jeans measure 9" rise, 34" inseam, 14.5cm hem.

ssense, lvr, and the slp flagships all constantly stock the og skinny's.

Lvr have very limited sizes left in the AW13 skinny jeans, and I bought the last pair of black 29s in Europe some time ago, ordered to Sloane Street from Milan. The indigo is still available though. I'm pretty sure stores here haven't replenished since AW13, so any sizes still available are those still left over. Hopefully they will be replenished but you still can't guarantee them being the same cut (for example, with the SS13 skinny jeans, there were actually two batches here in the UK; the first ones that were in store in Jan 13 were really skinny, but when they replenished in around May, they were much bigger than the previous ones, particularly in the waist.

missed the velvet collar chesterfield coat the first time ... will pick up this time around.

the pins are funny.  (is that a lipstick pin or a dagger?  i can't really tell from the detail pics.  whatever)

those fucking heels.  u can;t dance in those hedi.  trying to make dudes trip and fall in 2015...

cool "greatest hits" collection..  will sell well for obvious reasons

ZESqTXy.jpg
LL4DYXv.jpg

n6gsuj1.jpg
UoS2dcN.jpg
Edited by Vampyrvargfesten