Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

I dunno, I liked it. Easily the least literal of his collections, focusing on YSL's debauched 70s party years instead of just riffing on a musical trend. Also, it should be noted that Hedi used electro pop instead of his standard garage rock. 

i only watched it for the beginning and end.

beginning is cool because of the crazy structural engineering as in the other shows

ending is cool because the lights are off so all you see are silhouettes and shimmers (which also masks some of the weird funky colors that i really don't wanna see)

I tried one of those and it was very slim with very high arm holes. Sizing was similar to the chesterfield with velvet collar from the same season. I generally take 48 in outerwear, but found that I was between sizes in both, with a 50 being too big in the waist and upper back, but a 48 being a little small in the arm holes and shoulders to be comfortable, making it a bit of a push to button it with anything other than a t-shirt. They are considerably smaller than the overcoats from AW14 (half a size, maybe more).

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the yves collar shirt this season and returned it because the shoulder seams were too narrow for me in my size. Definitely much narrower than any of my pleated shirts which are perfect on me (I have the cotton poplin and silk crepe versions which I believe are AW13). 

Sizing seems to be being tweaked from season to season, for example most things had very short sleeve length for me during SS13 (I like short sleeves on jackets, but on shirts and knitwear it just doesn't look right). I have the western shirt below from SS13, and while I love the design, the sleeves are annoyingly short, and I wouldn't say I have particularly long arms. 

saint-laurent-paris-mens-ss13-lookbook-1

barneys put up a bunch of ss15 stuff online this morning... probably by accident. got a chance to look at their buy... so. much. bootcut. :\

13 inch leg opening? damn

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=503758993&cgid=men&index=5

• 2 weeks later...