Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

Yeah exact same item. Why don't you just get them and try them, and you can always send them back. 

The black raw in my opinion are the nicest, cleanest, jeans I've ever had, and they soon soften up. If you really want a black wash then you could maybe look into the leather effect jeans from SS13 shown in the Saint Laurent skinny campaign photos on Gryphon O'Shea. Not exactly a wash, but different to the raws. A lot more expensive however, and I'm not sure if they were re-issued or not. There's also a coated version of the raw this season, other than that though, not much variation in black other than those models already mentioned above..

Pretty sure those are the exact same jeans.

I thought so first too, but idk why those browns fashion ones are 70e more expensive lol.

My experience is that this season all their denim is bigger. Your best bet is to stay true to size or size down and go through a place with a good return policy. If you want to get washed jeans in black, you don't have many options other than the destroyed denim with the knee slits, holes or cum stains. 

Thanks, I'd just need a new pair of basic black jeans, getting tired of my nudies. 

The cheaper one might be MII vs. the more expensive being MIJ

^ Do you mean the matches ones and the browns ones? Both are £260 when I click on the links.

Nah they're both MIJ lmao.

same as Matchesfashion ones.

179a465a35bd7195f22213d261db8270.png

Browns

9a3c839091db5346a38cd64d05c0333b.png

Anyways, since these Saint Laurent jeans dont have that kind of fit i'd like them to have, could you recommend me some high quality skintight fit jeans that aren't raw?

Edited by lasteferih

The Browns ones are £260 too. They are the same jeans. 

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/02C832770002/027/skinny-japanese-denim-jeans

Farfetch have messed up the price I imagine. Personally I don't really like to buy from farfetch, as they are not a true online store, but rather a collection of boutiques, and so you end up with shoes that have been on the shopfloor and tried on a lot etc. Personally, I want non-display shoes / belts / etc., when I am paying this kind of money.

The Browns ones are £260 too. They are the same jeans. 

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/02C832770002/027/skinny-japanese-denim-jeans

Farfetch have messed up the price I imagine. Personally I don't really like to buy from farfetch, as they are not a true online store, but rather a collection of boutiques, and so you end up with shoes that have been on the shopfloor and tried on a lot etc. Personally, I want non-display shoes / belts / etc., when I am paying this kind of money.

But £260 is 346 euros Lol.

Do you know if there will be any washed black jeans for SS15?

But £260 is 346 euros Lol.

Do you know if there will be any washed black jeans for SS15?

The matches ones you linked are also £260: http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/205901

Looks like there will be overdyed black, where underneath is blue, from looking at the detail photos from the runway. Like how the black chain jeans were. I have no idea about others. 

Maybe you should buy something like cheap monday, or april 77, as there really is no tailoring skill involved in cutting skin tight jeans so they should be fine. Dior super slenders will be tight in the seat and thigh, but not so much in the lower leg.

The matches ones you linked are also £260: http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/205901

Looks like there will be overdyed black, where underneath is blue, from looking at the detail photos from the runway. Like how the black chain jeans were. I have no idea about others. 

Maybe you should buy something like cheap monday, or april 77, as there really is no tailoring skill involved in cutting skin tight jeans so they should be fine. Dior super slenders will be tight in the seat and thigh, but not so much in the lower leg.

Thanks, but i'd prefer to get some better quality.

Does anybody here own this and can comment on it? I need (want) a new striped t shirt and this looks quite good, though I'm not sure whether it's quite worth £200.

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/ready-to-wear-t-shirt-and-jersey-short-sleeve-t-shirt-in-black-and-ivory-biarritz-striped-cotton_cod37576691ht.html#dept=rtw_men_main

^ I bought that and returned it. The design and quality is nice (it's actually cut and sewn together to produce the off-set stripes effect), but I didn't like the fit because of the sleeves which have a really short inseam (much shorter than the sleeves on the striped pocket t-shirts from AW13, which for me are a perfect length).

Myself, I want to track down some of the 17cm trousers from AW13, and I was hoping somebody might be able to tell me the style ID for them. I'm guessing the model is 329952 and the colour 1000, just not sure on the fabric code. These ones:

00120h_592x888.jpg

Thanks in advance

I tried that shirt on. I usually wear an M but always size up to larges, like I did here. Large shirts usually fit quite loose on me and are longer in length but this one, following the normal fit of SLP, was still pretty cropped. The sleeves were pretty short and like I said, the length as well, but it didn't feel uncomfortably small on me. Here is a picture for reference:

iuhu5KO.jpg?1

That all said, the material was soft, you could feel a well sewn seam where the two pieces of fabric were connected and it did follow the cropped look that you would expect (if that's what you want).

Edited by Eyealt

Anybody tried on or bought the creepers yet? What did/do you think of them if so? Kind of tempted to get a pair but not sure if they'd look as good as wearing boots. 

I have them. I like them and wear mine all the time, but my feet always feel like they are about to slip out for some reason. This is much worse on the D ring ones than on the monkstrap ones, tho I can't speak for the fully laced ones since I haven't tried them on yet. 

I haven't tried them myself so can't advise on sizing, but one of the staff members at one of the London stores has the plain black lace up version, and they look great. I'm quite conservative in my tastes, but even I was tempted after seeing them on somebody (still am actually, but need to consider them more). These ones:

00390h_592x888.jpg

So, i should buy these

http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/205901

Instead of these

to get the skinnier fit?

And i'd also like to get washed jeans instead of raws

Or should i buy this season Saint Laurent jeans at all if i'm looking to get skin tight fit.

bonnet blanc, blanc bonnet...

I returned a blazer that I bought yesterday that was a little too small for me. I needed to find some pieces to exchange for so I tried on the ankle high black suede monkstrap creepers yesterday - beautiful!! I just slipped on the display pair though which were a couple of sizes too small for me, so in my own size 44.5 they may look huge. I'd already put the staff to a lot of trouble trying on a load of different items, so didn't want to trouble them further for something that I'm still a little on the fence about. Regarding the fit, the sales assistant that has the plain black creepers mentioned that his felt loose at first, but improved once broken in (I've had this with shoes in the past, particularly with heel slippage, which seems to right itself once the sole is broken in).

I also tried the trapper leather in black goatskin which I also really liked, but since a leather jacket is quite a big purchase for me, and I don't plan on buying more than one, I need to give it some consideration (I also really like the three button single breasted one from permanent collection below, so I need to consider my options for a while).

In the end I went with the duffle 24 bag from permanent collection, and got some more AW13 skinny jeans in black and blue as mine have had quite a bit of wear.

00080h_592x888.jpg

Nice, been considering getting one of the duffles for a while but I probably wouldn't actually use it that much so no point at the moment. I recently bought the black silk t shirt from ssense, waiting for it to arrive now. Wish I had a SLP store where I lived so I could try everything on, would make things so much easier. You can only tell so much from a picture and returning things online is such a hassle. 

The duffle is very nice, and made from really beautiful soft leather (only drawback is that it will likely scratch quite easily). The grain de poudre bags would be more durable I imagine, but I don't think they're as nice.

Yeah, being able to go to the store helps a lot. I find that only a small fraction of things I try fit me well enough to buy, so online is a pain and results in constant returns. I do like being able to try things on at home and consider them carefully though, which is one advantage of the online store, because often I will get things home and find that they don't fit me as well as I thought they did while in store. 

The black silk pocket t shirts are very nice. I tried one of those on on Friday too. Sleeves were quite slim and high on me in medium though, so I'm tempted to order both medium and large from the online store, and send one of them back. I had actually written the silk t-shirts off, because I bought the long sleeved one before and ended up returning it because it didn't look that great, but I thought I'd re-visit them and give the short sleeved version a try, and was pleasantly surprised. Very slick with black jeans and boots.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned much online that you might like are the extra fine merino crew necks. They are very slim and look amazing with all black (I wear mine with cropped black skinny jeans and black cropped jodhpur boots). Knitwear from later seasons such as the cashmere silk and linen blend v-necks hasn't been quite as slim as those, so I'm tempted to double up on it while it's still available. 

I'm glad to hear the silk t shirts are nice, I thought it'd be cool to have since summer is just around the corner. If I like this one I might get one in grey or something as well. I agree about the duffle the black leather does look a lot better than grain de poudre way more sleek. Which season are these merino crewnecks from? Do you have any pictures?

I hear the boutiques offer instore tailoring as well? That'd be nice, a bit more convenient to have to go to a local tailor.Luckily I've found one that does a good job for a reasonable price. but for the most part the only thing I need tailored are the jeans, they are always a bit long on me. Definitely got to grab another pair of the black aw13 denim sometime soon absolutely love my pair Luisaviaroma still has them in my size, bit surprised they haven't gone on sale though.