Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

To anyone that owns the motorcycle harness boots, how big is the leg opening? I'm thinking about copping them but am unsure if the 15.5cm jeans will fit comfortably over them.  Thanks in advance. 

The ankle shaft hugs your ankle, and may even feel a little too tight the first couple wears.  The 15.5's easily go over the boot opening, but still sit above the actual harness.

Edited by deathlives

The ankle shaft hugs your ankle, and may even feel a little too tight the first couple wears.  The 15.5's easily go over the boot opening, but still sit above the actual harness.

Cool thanks for the help man I was just a little concerned as they looked bigger compared to the chelsea boots I own. 

@ Legate, I don't currently own them, but I have owned the ocher suede version before, and have also tried the black leather version in the past. The boots are quite snug around the heel and ankle, and the 15.5cm jeans fit over them without any problem. This season's version looks slightly different (I think there is a seam that wasn't there before), but I'm fairly confident that they will be similar in fit at the ankle.

I just picked up some of the new cropped jodhpur boots from the online store. They don't look as nice as last season's, but I really like the style so hopefully they will be good. The new univeriste 30 jodhpur boots look really nice too (they have a slight heel now, a slightly thinner sole, and look more pointed than before from the photos). I would definitely buy them but unfortunately no 44.5s: 

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/shoes-boots-univeriste-30-jodhpur-boot-in-black-leather_cod44675352xk.html#dept=shoes_men_main

@ Legate, I don't currently own them, but I have owned the ocher suede version before, and have also tried the black leather version in the past. The boots are quite snug around the heel and ankle, and the 15.5cm jeans fit over them without any problem. This season's version looks slightly different (I think there is a seam that wasn't there before), but I'm fairly confident that they will be similar in fit at the ankle.

I just picked up some of the new cropped jodhpur boots from the online store. They don't look as nice as last season's, but I really like the style so hopefully they will be good. The new univeriste 30 jodhpur boots look really nice too (they have a slight heel now, a slightly thinner sole, and look more pointed than before from the photos). I would definitely buy them but unfortunately no 44.5s: 

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/shoes-boots-univeriste-30-jodhpur-boot-in-black-leather_cod44675352xk.html#dept=shoes_men_main

Nice, I really want to get the cropped ones but can't seem to find them in my size and on a site that ships to NZ. Those universite ones look good as well though. 

I'm looking to buy some plain black Saint Laurent jeans, I prefer my jeans to have skintight fit and i was just wondering if anyone could help me to choose which jeans i should buy to get the skinnier fit.

http://www.farfetch.com/fi/shopping/men/saint-laurent/items.aspx#ps=2&pv=60&oby=5

These are the measurements for these top ones in my size.

Waist: 37cm

Inside leg: 86cm
Outer leg: 111.5cm
Leg Opening: 15.5cm
Thigh: 25.5cm
Front rise: 27cm

http://www.farfetch.com/fi/shopping/men/saint-laurent-skinny-jeans-item-10751966.aspx?storeid=9274&ffref=lp_18_

But i've contacted to 3 different sites asking measurements of these bottom jeans and these are the measurements i've got, they're all very different and I dont know which site to believe.

SSENSE
Waist: 38 cm
Rise: 25cm
Inside leg: 85cm
Leg opening: 16cm

Matchesfashion
thigh: 22 cm
hip: 42 cm
waist: 35 cm
front rise: 25 cm
inside leg: 59 cm
half hem opening: 15 cm

Luisaviaroma

Waist: 37 cm
Rise: 25 cm
Thigh: 27 cm
Inseam: 88 cm
Hem: 14 cm

Edited by lasteferih

I haven't heard of the style ID in your second link, and your first link doesn't lead to any jeans, but I presume that the style is 355523 Y859F 1000, which are the black skinny jeans worn by practically every model on the AW14 runway.

Honestly, none of the Saint Laurent skinny jeans will give you a skin-tight fit. They are skinny, but will have spare material in the thighs, and seat, even if you size down (look at the runway shows for an accurate idea of how they fit). I tried sizing down, but found that the waist being tighter, but still having some spare material in the hips made my hips look slightly hourglass shaped, and that the leg wasn't actually much skinnier (if at all). If I was you, I would buy the correct size for you and accept that they are not skin-tight, or look at other jeans brands.

I haven't heard of the style ID in your second link, and your first link doesn't lead to any jeans, but I presume that the style is 355523 Y859F 1000, which are the black skinny jeans worn by practically every model on the AW14 runway.

Honestly, none of the Saint Laurent skinny jeans will give you a skin-tight fit. They are skinny, but will have spare material in the thighs, and seat, even if you size down (look at the runway shows for an accurate idea of how they fit). I tried sizing down, but found that the waist being tighter, but still having some spare material in the hips made my hips look slightly hourglass shaped, and that the leg wasn't actually much skinnier (if at all). If I was you, I would buy the correct size for you and accept that they are not skin-tight, or look at other jeans brands.

Hello, these are the first ones

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/02C832770002/027/skinny-japanese-denim-jeans

And these are the second ones

http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/205901

Do you know are those matches fashion ones raw jeans? Because someone told me that they're not that skinny..

And by skin tight fit, i mean i'd like them to fit like this

a9f4942d80243cb4b258d7951ae6b765.png

Hello, these are the first ones

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/02C832770002/027/skinny-japanese-denim-jeans

And these are the second ones

Do you know are those matches fashion ones raw jeans? Because someone told me that they're not that skinny..

And by skin tight fit, i mean i'd like them to fit like this

a9f4942d80243cb4b258d7951ae6b765.png

Those jeans in the links are the AW14 ones I mentioned, and will not be a skin tight fit in the legs even if you size down (look at the models on AW14 runway and campaign for an accurate idea of how they fit). Also if you look at the matches photos, you will see how they kind of curve out from the waist band at the hips; when I tried a 28 although they fitted me no problem other than the waist being a bit tight (waist is slightly smaller than all previous raw black models), that curved effect was accentuated so they looked a little hour-glass shaped, and they were simply far better in the correct size for me which is 29. The legs were more or less exactly the same.

The destroyed jeans in the photo from AW13 fitted tighter than the raw models, and would be more like the fit you're looking for (the stained black jeans also if I remember correctly). I don't have them but I tried them on at the time. I'm not sure about the re-issues though.

Those jeans in the links are the AW14 ones I mentioned, and will not be a skin tight fit in the legs even if you size down (look at the models on AW14 runway and campaign for an accurate idea of how they fit). Also if you look at the matches photos, you will see how they kind of curve out from the waist band at the hips; when I tried a 28 although they fitted me no problem other than the waist being a bit tight (waist is slightly smaller than all previous raw black models), that curved effect was accentuated so they looked a little hour-glass shaped, and they were simply far better in the correct size for me which is 29. The legs were more or less exactly the same.

The destroyed jeans in the photo from AW13 fitted tighter than the raw models, and would be more like the fit you're looking for (the stained black jeans also if I remember correctly). I don't have them but I tried them on at the time. I'm not sure about the re-issues though.

Okay, thank you for your help. I think i'll go with those Brownsfashion ones and see how i like the fit

The Black raws, won't fit like the ones in the photo, because they are raw. The material, even if they both have 2% elastic is different. The 2% elastic in the destroyed jeans makes the jeans almost fit like a second skin or jeggins. The raw's are much stiffer and will change shape. Even if you size down to a skin tight fit, the cuts are different on both models. The Raw's will have a much longer inseam producing stacks and folds. If you purchase the jeans at the boutique, there are tailors there that will give you the intended cut by cutting much closer, but they won't hem, so you'll still get minor stacks. You'll still need to wear the jeans though and stretch them out as much as possible. I've gone through about 3 pairs of raw SLP and neither have gotten as close to the natural skin tight feel as the washed/destroyed cuts. I would just go for a wash or the destroyed you like in the picture. Maybe even the black jeans with the slit in the knees. 

The Black raws, won't fit like the ones in the photo, because they are raw. The material, even if they both have 2% elastic is different. The 2% elastic in the destroyed jeans makes the jeans almost fit like a second skin or jeggins. The raw's are much stiffer and will change shape. Even if you size down to a skin tight fit, the cuts are different on both models. The Raw's will have a much longer inseam producing stacks and folds. If you purchase the jeans at the boutique, there are tailors there that will give you the intended cut by cutting much closer, but they won't hem, so you'll still get minor stacks. You'll still need to wear the jeans though and stretch them out as much as possible. I've gone through about 3 pairs of raw SLP and neither have gotten as close to the natural skin tight feel as the washed/destroyed cuts. I would just go for a wash or the destroyed you like in the picture. Maybe even the black jeans with the slit in the knees. 

Do you know if these are raw jeans? I love the fit on these, but i'm afraid they won't fit like this in real life, since they're 16.5cm...

Even though my size 28 hem is 15.5

02C832770002_4.jpg

Edited by lasteferih

Yeah these are the Raw Black 15cm with the Zip Fly. They are very light raw denim (like 8oz I think). When you take them off for the first time you'll already get heavy crease marks, pretty cool imo. The model most likely sized down 2 or even 3 for a skin tight fit. I believe the hem cm 15, 16, 17, 19 starts at 32 and goes down .5cm every other size or so. The sizing has been all over the place for SLP lately though. I just ordered a pair of these in the D01 / 17cm fit and the hem when measuring is actually 15cm.. You would think it differs by size, but I also have a pair of the gray wash 17cm and those are definitely 17cm in the hem (and fit like spandex, unlike these which are much roomier on me). 

Anyway, If you want a skin tight fit, I would size down like 2 or even 3. They'll definitely stretch out quickly. 

I believe that those jeans in the link are these: http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/ready-to-wear-denim-trousers-original-low-waisted-skinny-jean-in-raw-black-stretch-denim_cod36551512ll.html#dept=rtw_men_main&itemPage=2

I have those in 29 which fits me perfectly, and for reference I'm 6 feet tall, have a 29 - 29.5 inch waist depending on time of day, and around 91cm hips at the largest part. Size 29 fits me perfectly in these, but as usual there is a little spare material in the seat, and thighs. I would describe the fit as snug, rather than skin-tight. Additionally, the waist band is smaller in these than in any of the past models of the black skinny jeans (I have, or have had all of them). The waist band measures 81cm when the jeans are on me, measured by threading a tape measure through like a belt to give the most accurate measurement, whereas SS14 and AW13 were both 82cm.

As for stretching, it's been my experience that while they do soften and give a little, they don't stretch much at all, especially the waist band which still measures the exact same as when I bought them all (I always check the measurement when buying to check that my belts will fit with them). I actually wish that this new model would stretch in the waist band, because most of my belts (apart from the 3 passant which is a little smaller than the others), don't fit with them; I usually wear size 85 on the second from smallest hole with all other models of the skinny jeans, however with these, that same hole is too loose and the belt drops down, and unfortunately on the smallest hole, there is a little material bunching up, and shirts etc. don't look as good tucked in because of the tightness.

Regarding sizing down, I have tried 28s in the past, and while I can fit them, they don't look as good as the 29s due to being a little too tight in the waist band, which in turn makes tucking in shirts or knitwear difficult. The leg and seat while tighter than the 29s, still wasn't skin tight either. Then again everyone is built differently, but if you go to 27 then you should be prepared for the waist band to measure about 76 cm around when worn.

I hope that helps.

Edited by kieran

Yeah these are the Raw Black 15cm with the Zip Fly. They are very light raw denim (like 8oz I think). When you take them off for the first time you'll already get heavy crease marks, pretty cool imo. The model most likely sized down 2 or even 3 for a skin tight fit. I believe the hem cm 15, 16, 17, 19 starts at 32 and goes down .5cm every other size or so. The sizing has been all over the place for SLP lately though. I just ordered a pair of these in the D01 / 17cm fit and the hem when measuring is actually 15cm.. You would think it differs by size, but I also have a pair of the gray wash 17cm and those are definitely 17cm in the hem (and fit like spandex, unlike these which are much roomier on me). 

Anyway, If you want a skin tight fit, I would size down like 2 or even 3. They'll definitely stretch out quickly. 

I believe that those jeans in the link are these: http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/ready-to-wear-denim-trousers-original-low-waisted-skinny-jean-in-raw-black-stretch-denim_cod36551512ll.html#dept=rtw_men_main&itemPage=2

I have those in 29 which fits me perfectly, and for reference I'm 6 feet tall, have a 29 - 29.5 inch waist depending on time of day, and around 91cm hips at the largest part. Size 29 fits me perfectly in these, but as usual there is a little spare material in the seat, and thighs. I would describe the fit as snug, rather than skin-tight. Additionally, the waist band is smaller in these than in any of the past models of the black skinny jeans (I have, or have had all of them). The waist band measures 81cm when the jeans are on me, measured by threading a tape measure through like a belt to give the most accurate measurement, whereas SS14 and AW13 were both 82cm.

As for stretching, it's been my experience that while they do soften and give a little, they don't stretch much at all, especially the waist band which still measures the exact same as when I bought them all (I always check the measurement when buying to check that my belts will fit with them). I actually wish that this new model would stretch in the waist band, because most of my belts (apart from the 3 passant which is a little smaller than the others), don't fit with them; I usually wear size 85 on the second from smallest hole with all other models of the skinny jeans, however with these, that same hole is too loose and the belt drops down, and unfortunately on the smallest hole, there is a little material bunching up, and shirts etc. don't look as good tucked in because of the tightness.

Regarding sizing down, I have tried 28s in the past, and while I can fit them, they don't look as good as the 29s due to being a little too tight in the waist band, which in turn makes tucking in shirts or knitwear difficult. The leg and seat while tighter than the 29s, still wasn't skin tight either. Then again everyone is built differently, but if you go to 27 then you should be prepared for the waist band to measure about 76 cm around when worn.

I hope that helps.

So, i should buy these

Instead of these

to get the skinnier fit?

And i'd also like to get washed jeans instead of raws

Or should i buy this season Saint Laurent jeans at all if i'm looking to get skin tight fit.

Edited by lasteferih

So, i should buy these

Instead of these

to get the skinnier fit?

And i'd also like to get washed jeans instead of raws

Or should i buy this season Saint Laurent jeans at all if i'm looking to get skin tight fit.

My experience is that this season all their denim is bigger. Your best bet is to stay true to size or size down and go through a place with a good return policy. If you want to get washed jeans in black, you don't have many options other than the destroyed denim with the knee slits, holes or cum stains.