Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

I wish Hedi would stop reminiscing about the past of rock n roll and create magic again like he did at Dior from 2003-2005. 

Dior Homme AW2004 - AW2005 was pretty rocked focused. It's more AW2001 - SS2004 that was more experimental, less literal. 

Anyone have any experience with the Saint Laurent T-shirts?  I got one of the Modified YSL logo shirts from last season in size small yesterday, and holy crap is it short.

Like, two or three inches shorter than my DH shirts from '04-'06.  Is this normal, or did I get someone that was shrunk in the wash?

Edited by TheGrapist

In general t-shirts are about hip length (also quite wide in the shoulders, boxy in the waist, with somewhat cropped sleeves - kind of 50s looking). Considerably shorter than DH, which to me is a good thing, as DH t shirts seem excessively long.

The grey and ivory striped t shirt from spring and summer 14 however, was extremely short. It only just covers my belt with SS14 jeans worn fully pulled up like the runway. Sleeves are very cropped on that one too. It looks great though for a change.

Edited by kieran

I think I was a bit hasty with my original assessment. I think maybe my legs were a bit swollen or something as I walked a lot yesterday, and then tried the jeans on late in the evening. 

After trying them today, I actually really like them and I feel they are a slight improvement. I would say that the fit is very similar to SS14 (comparing them today they are almost exactly the same). However, the denim is a little different (feels slightly thicker than the SS14 and is polyurethane instead of elastane), and they are a little tighter in the knee and calf area (though only slightly). Also, the hem is a little wider at 16cm, the length is slightly shorter (less than an inch), and the pockets are shallower (like the Italian made jeans).

If you really like AW13 jeans, then I'd try and track some down (some of the London stores seem to still have them) as these are much more similar to SS14 than AW13.

anybody have fw13 leather pants? im in the "smedium" category and wary about which size to get. my instincts tell me to go with a 48 instead of a 46 bc if shit hits the fan, well, at least i have some material to taper down with. also im not sure if all SL leather pants are created equal so any insight would be helpful. 

(ahem, darkanimal)

• 4 weeks later...