Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

Seems chain death is contagious, the chain on my jeans broke and unfortunately none of the needles I had were thin enough to go through the hole. So I threaded some cotton straight through the hole but only managed to get it through once, seems to be holding ok now though.

^yeah, lot of patterned jacket, fur things, poncho,snake boots 70's vibe. idk i just feel lot of kids that were into slp gonna pass or drop off the label.

As opposed to crop tops, patent leather pants, sparkly blazers, pink boots, and metallic creepers?

As opposed to crop tops, patent leather pants, sparkly blazers, pink boots, and metallic creepers?

i knew you were about to state ss14 haha but a lot of people didnt like ss14 also and are still in full fw13 outfit or looking for pieces.

idk its alright but like people said hedi take vintage classic thrift shop clothes and tailor it in a skinny way.

this time it feel like its ONLY that, straight from the thrift shop, not rebuild in saint laurent way.

Edited by aymerikmd

Seeing all those sequined and embroidered garments in person will make you want to buy and wear them.
He gives a show. He is 'rock n roll' and 'street' fashion.
You can call this a collection with vibes of Beck, Navajo, featuring Nic Cage/Sailor's jacket or coked up hipster/coachella-chic (i tried to come up with the worst term for this), but it's a good collection.
People love him and people will want whatever he sends down the catwalk (including an elephant).
SS15 collections had lots of embroidered details as it was one of the big themes and Hedi decided to decorate whole garments that way.
The clothes are now and also beautiful. Look 60 waistcoat is crazy so is the jacket of look 59 and also super Hedi. Nothing new here.

(and i really hope to see the pink boots of look 27 in the campaign)

tl:dr

SLP clothes are shiny, fancy and nothing new, but they look good and people are going to buy them.

SS15 has so much of the LA Vintage style in it... I don't know if I have the language or knowledge to discuss how it's influenced by the vintage shops that sell things that their shoppers pilfered from other vintage shops.  It's the kind of look you get if you shop the vintage at American Rag or if you go to Denim Revival. It seems to be the look for people who take Stagecoach and Coachella music festivals seriously. It's got a lot of old western (with the flat brimmed hats, ponchos, raw skin/fur patterns, tattered denim) and some hippie elements (when hippies incorporated old western style... especially with some of the more loose, flowy garments in the women's).

Hedi's not generating anything new so much as taking subgenres of fashion in Los Angeles and distilling them into single collections... like, generating outfits that exemplify these Los Angeles subgenres of fashion.

Edited by Yuriii

look ok , pretty sure lot of peoples that were into saint laurent now gonna drop off, look more hard to wear / style etc.

This was runway. All of the Permanent Collection remains, sneakers will return in their current silhouettes, and we can pretty much assume the SS & FW versions of the Teddy jacket, and items like the destroyed or crash denim, etc. will return seasonally as well. Nobody is going to drop off because the runway or design pieces have a 70's / psych rock vibe. I like the SS15 direction, and Hedi's mainline SLP aesthetic carries over season to season regardless. 

Ss15 is pretty dope, return of new hedi. So much better than his other work for slp so far. I think as many others mentioned this is a reflection of his time living in los Angeles the last couple of years. I can settle with the idea that he is not changing his ways but continues to make quality stuff

This was runway. All of the Permanent Collection remains, sneakers will return in their current silhouettes, and we can pretty much assume the SS & FW versions of the Teddy jacket, and items like the destroyed or crash denim, etc. will return seasonally as well. Nobody is going to drop off because the runway or design pieces have a 70's / psych rock vibe. I like the SS15 direction, and Hedi's mainline SLP aesthetic carries over season to season regardless. 

yeah your right, i just feel this is just straight from the thrift with no modification or alteration. but some items are cool. im probably gonna like the collection, give me some time lol.

looking forward see asian kids styling ss15 with there mix of supreme/rick owens/pyrex on instagram lol.

Edited by aymerikmd

yeah your right, i just feel this is just straight from the thrift with no modification or alteration. but some items are cool. im probably gonna like the collection, give me some time lol.

looking forward see asian kids styling ss15 with there mix of supreme/rick owens/pyrex on instagram lol.

Take a look back at the SS14 runway show. I don't think much of that is being worn by the instagram kids. The most popular pieces were the (non-runway) SL10/H (Jordans), crash or destroyed denim, SS Teddy jacket, etc. In fact, of everything that has gone on sale from SS14, a ton of it was runway. FW13 was a different story (they are basically carrying over the most popular elements of that show seasonally), but I can already see that most of the desirable FW14 pieces were not in FW14's runway either. My point being, you can definitely see the direction of the collection and the design pieces from the runway show, but there is still a ton to be seen, and you can expect that a good portion of that unseen will end up being the most popular stuff.

I ended up rewriting my review:

I wouldn’t say Hedi Slimane’s collections with Saint Laurent Paris (as he has renamed it) are original.  No, rather, they are commentary and distillation of fashion substyles that already exist.  Hedi chose to lead the Saint Laurent brand out of Los Angeles and the city’s influence shows in his runway collections.  This season seems to be inspired by those who shop the vintage sections of American Rag and Denim Revival.  Those who consider Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals to be the occasion they developed their wardrobe for.  

It’s mostly western but there’s the hippie, 60s influence with the camouflage jackets, feathers, patterns and loose knits.  The hot sunset pours in from the lighting at the back of the runway, backlighting the models with a flood of golden light.  This runway show deserves guns, cigarettes and the iconic sneer of Clint Eastwood from the man with no name trilogy.

I love how Hedi bathes his runway shows in sweaty, overwhelmingly warm guitar riffs with muttered vocals struggling to get breathy words out as though it’s too hot to speak any louder.  There’s a heavy, sweet, seductive indifference displayed by the models who strut on toothpick legs down the runway.

Nothing new, but a perfect distillation of the cool that is.  In a world of beer, Hedi is serving the hard stuff.

Edited by Yuriii

I ended up rewriting my review:

I wouldn’t say Hedi Slimane’s collections with Saint Laurent Paris (as he has renamed it) are original.  No, rather, they are commentary and distillation of fashion substyles that already exist.  Hedi chose to lead the Saint Laurent brand out of Los Angeles and the city’s influence shows in his runway collections.  This season seems to be inspired by those who shop the vintage sections of American Rag and Denim Revival.  Those who consider Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals to be the occasion they developed their wardrobe for.  

It’s mostly western but there’s the hippie, 60s influence with the camouflage jackets, feathers, patterns and loose knits.  The hot sunset pours in from the lighting at the back of the runway, backlighting the models with a flood of golden light.  This runway show deserves guns, cigarettes and the iconic sneer of Clint Eastwood from the man with no name trilogy.

I love how Hedi bathes his runway shows in sweaty, overwhelmingly warm guitar riffs with muttered vocals struggling to get breathy words out as though it’s too hot to speak any louder.  There’s a heavy, sweet, seductive indifference displayed by the models who strut on toothpick legs down the runway.

Nothing new, but a perfect distillation of the cool that is.  In a world of beer, Hedi is serving the hard stuff.

very true, but those models wouldnt bust a grape in a food fight :P