Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

went to nyc last week and saw a couple of these pieces irl... the blazers are cool but the boxy fit + 3 buttons make it look like you're wearing your uncles blazer from the 90s :( i didn't think much of them but seeing them in person the zebra patterned knits are killer, and the jeans look perfect. 

dat houndstooth coat is my favorite piece so far

went to nyc last week and saw a couple of these pieces irl... the blazers are cool but the boxy fit + 3 buttons make it look like you're wearing your uncles blazer from the 90s :( i didn't think much of them but seeing them in person the zebra patterned knits are killer, and the jeans look perfect. 

Where did you go that had them already? I went to the soho location last week as well and only saw a handful of items. Also, bummed that I missed seeing you when you were in town! - Dom

dhaddict82 - quick trip only in town for a night... barneys had the red mini stripe blazer in the back, the guy i worked with there showed it to me. speaking of barneys they put up a bunch of fall stuff on the site this morning. riccardi in boston has a bunch of shirts and knits, creepers expected this week. i was talking to the riccardi buyer joey and he said they're buying the japanese sizes for fall... down to 26 in jeans (!), 36 in shirts and 42 in tailoring.

Dat houndstooth coat is also a mind boggling 4k. I don't understand pricing. Coats go up, wyatt heel boots go up $300, but blazers stay the same and jeans have actually dropped in price? Huh. 

Dat houndstooth coat is also a mind boggling 4k. I don't understand pricing. Coats go up, wyatt heel boots go up $300, but blazers stay the same and jeans have actually dropped in price? Huh. 

I'm noticing this trend with most brands in general. I'm guessing certain fabrics and materials are just becoming more expensive to source. 

tag chain broke off on my jeans.  i think i'll just rip off the leather tag while i'm at it

chain death lol

iJv1Tjl.jpg?2

F1RQgp6.jpg?2

fixed the chain on the leather jacket though. the boutique is pretty good about repairs... walked in and had it immediately fixed after a couple minutes, no questions asked

Do you reckon you could roll the lapel back and go for the 2 button look or would it still look a bit weird? Yeh the houndstooth coat is pretty outstanding. This season overall looks pretty solid. 

So I've had my eye on a few pieces for fall, been saving up this summer to potentially get a leather. I had my eye on this beauty:

2nqtkpc.jpg

until I found out today it is retailing for $7650. The studs better be hand pressed by Hedi himself.

the shit is awful

the styling off and on the runway

your pieces are falling apart 

sorry.....but the shit is shit

made for people with too much money and no taste

reply all you want as a musician I would never wear this shit

I remember this look from the 90s in seattle 

from people that looked cracked out 

I actually own YSL and I will always own YSL 

Anybody have experience with the tapered western belts? I'm considering the tapered version of the rider buckle western belt (this one: http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/belts-skinny-belt-western-saint-laurent-belt-in-black-leather_cod22000183qq.html ), but I'm concerned that it might only look right for somebody that is on the middle hole (e.g. http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/autumn-winter-2014/mens/saint-laurent/full-length-photos/gallery/1099152 ). Would it look very asymmetrical for somebody on a hole smaller than middle? 

I've already pre-ordered the plain 2cm version, but I'm thinking I might change my order as the tapered version has really grown on me, I just don't want it to look bad.

Thanks in advance

Pic of houndstooth?

(If not then runway pic will do)