Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

^ I really don't like the chain tags. It's just one more thing to go wrong. A lot of stuff in stores has chains that are bent or twisted, or slightly broken (not so that they are coming apart, but still damaged). I know it's only a minor thing but it annoys me as I'm a bit ocd about my clothes. I'd much rather they didn't bother with them at all.

Re the varsity jackets, the grey and black one looks nice. However, I know they're doing the black and ivory one again because I know of at least one store that is getting it here in the UK. It may have been a special order though. I think I'll have difficulty choosing.

Creepers look much nicer than I thought they'd be. I might be tempted by some of the more subtle versions.

To the poster that asked about the striped t shirt, I have that black and grey one, as well as the red and ivory thin striped pocket one. Both fit similarly - true to size, boxy through the body and shoulders, slim and somewhat short in the sleeves, and about hip length. Very 1950s looking in fit. It's 10% wool too which makes it fit really nicely (one of those things that seems to look good on everybody I've seen wear it).

The new grey and ivory striped t shirt however (this one: http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/ready-to-wear-t-shirt-and-jersey-classic-short-sleeve-pocket-t-shirt-in-heather-grey-and-ivory-striped-cotton-jersey_cod37533614iv.html )

, fits much shorter in the sleeves, and extremely short in length. It's so short that it only comes up to about halfway down my belt when wearing the new version of the black skinny (and I wear these pulled up the way they were shown on the runway!). It took some getting used to when it first arrived, but I really like it now. 

Yeah I've had the same thing with my raw indigo 15.5s; I've worn them loads and the chain is still perfectly intact. However, I think that some customers don't handle things very carefully, and so I've seen a lot of items with bent chains, or slightly damaged chains, and although it doesn't affect the appearance of the item, I'm a bit OCD about things like that and would rather have a perfect one.

Not normal lol, you should probably go with one size bigger, after 2-3 wears they were good for me.

Yeah people on the forums, staff, etc. are always talking about how much the jeans stretch out, but I haven't really found this to be the case. I bought mine snug (but not tight), and while they've given a little, they haven't stretched a great deal. You definitely don't want to be struggling to button them up as the waistband in particular has barely stretched at all. 

Edited to add that it might be different with the black, as I haven't worn any of my black pairs yet. I've been wearing the indigo 15.5s from AW13 for day to day wear so my experience is with those.

Edited by kieran

I have a pair of black (not deep black or waxed) 19cm raw denim that I bought when they first came out and sized down and after a year of nearly every day wear, they still fit tight, the waist is intact, and literally still almost feel like new. These are quite a bit heavier though then the 17.5 blue raw's I got from mr porter and those were much thinner and stretched out quite a bit for a second but after it's first wash are back to being quite snug. I definitely get the second skin vibe that people have mentioned on those and thought they're 100% cotton, they feel like they have some elasticity going on in them. 

All of mine are the 2% polyurathane / elastane ones. I've found that they've all stretched a little just by trying them on a few times, but not a great deal after that. I think part of what some people notice is that they get a lot softer, and so therefore feel looser. The waist band in my raw indigo 15.5s is still exactly the same at 82cm in 29, despite having been worn quite a lot (I measured them before I bought them to check that my belts would fit okay). I would recommend people buy them snug, but not tight. While I prefer the way mine fit now after some wear, I could have worn them straight out of the store without feeling self conscious because they were too tight.

My experience with sizing down is that I managed to get the 28s I tried in the AW13 15.5s on okay, but they looked like leggings in the hips and thighs, not the look I'm going for at all, and even if they stretched I think they'd still have looked too small. The SS14 28s I tried were fine through the thighs and leg, but the waistband was very tight, and made my hips look curvy because it went in so much. The 29s just look better all round for me, even though they're not that snug. The models don't seem to be wearing theirs tight either, plus there isn't really any need to squeeze into the smallest possible size, as the hems are small in all sizes, unlike with DH where only the smaller sizes had narrow enough hems.

^ I'm not sure if I should post this here as I don't want to break the forum rules, but I have the 2cm 3 passant belt in size 85 and will be selling it soon. I have a buyer interested who is waiting for me to do some pictures, but if he doesn't go ahead then I'll be posting it in my for sale thread within the next few days.

Regarding the belts, I can't understand why both the stores and the online store don't stock greater numbers of the smaller sizes. The new collection only went online yesterday, and this morning I bought the last 85, on pre-order, of the new 2cm western rider buckle belt. Seems ridiculous to miss out on so many sales. Same with the black and ivory varsity.

I'm a little rusty with authenticating suits, so a second opinion would be appreciated.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dior-Homme-07SS-Mens-100-amp-Wool-Solid-Black-Suit-EU46-US36-S-/271507818441?nma=true&si=ptD4cgDWQA98muG5z5nDxYRu2cA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The more I look at it, the more I think this is a fake.  The tags seem a bit off in position and the composition tag doesn't say "Composition" above Laine/Wool, and my suit from the same season does.  

Do you guys think the size 70 belt would be too big for a 26inch waist? I would get the 65 but they only seem to have the gold version of that. 

To wear with size 26 jeans? 90 fits size 32 jeans on the middle hole, 85 fits size 30 jeans on the middle hole, and 80 fits size 28 jeans on the middle hole, so I would think 75 would be the best fit for size 26 jeans. It would be different for trousers though.

I'm a little rusty with authenticating suits, so a second opinion would be appreciated.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dior-Homme-07SS-Mens-100-amp-Wool-Solid-Black-Suit-EU46-US36-S-/271507818441?nma=true&si=ptD4cgDWQA98muG5z5nDxYRu2cA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The more I look at it, the more I think this is a fake.  The tags seem a bit off in position and the composition tag doesn't say "Composition" above Laine/Wool, and my suit from the same season does.  

kinda late but it's authentic, key things to look for are font and texture of wash tags, both of which are on point here

Hello everyone,

I just had a quick question... I am saving up lol/planning on buying the L12 classic curtis jacket.  

I found the jacket at a lower price on matches fashion, but the leather looks different than the one on the SLP site.  

Here are the links http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/205941, http://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product/men/ready-to-wear-leather-jacket-classic-curtis-jacket-in-black-leather_cod40116676nr.html

Are they the same material/jacket?

Thanks all!

To wear with size 26 jeans? 90 fits size 32 jeans on the middle hole, 85 fits size 30 jeans on the middle hole, and 80 fits size 28 jeans on the middle hole, so I would think 75 would be the best fit for size 26 jeans. It would be different for trousers though.

Oh cool thanks for your help man I wasn't too sure how the sizing on the belts worked. 

GYUKjU1.jpg

Just got this jacket in the mail, Dior Homme SS'04.

I didn't know this was a grail piece until I saw it for sale. Instant buy, not a single regret.

GYUKjU1.jpg

Just got this jacket in the mail, Dior Homme SS'04.

I didn't know this was a grail piece until I saw it for sale. Instant buy, not a single regret.

Incredible man. What size is it and where did you get it?

was there ever a black saint laurent denim vest made?  i've only seen a washed blue one from an earlier season (and i think it was women's?)

i don't really feel like buying a new denim jacket and ripping off the sleeves but i might have to

was there ever a black saint laurent denim vest made?  i've only seen a washed blue one from an earlier season (and i think it was women's?)

i don't really feel like buying a new denim jacket and ripping off the sleeves but i might have to

A sleeveless washed grey denim vest was made with a kind of ripped band collar.