Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

just got my pair, sizing up, shouldnt have tho, the waist is a bit big , good with belt but make some fold. otherwise all the rest is good,

Should i maybe put them in hot water + dryer so the waist will shrink a bit or fuck it ?

edit ; fuck off just gonna take them to tailor the waist a bit.

Edited by aymerikmd

@aymerikmd

Where did you get them? If you can return them for another size I'd do it. How does it fit in the thighs? Because even if it initially fits very tight it'll eventually stretch and become perfect. At this rate your pair will stretch too much and your waist will become all dodgy. 

got them on yjp auctions lol so cant return, there not THAT roomy, pretty good and the fit is awesome , its just that i have to wear a belt with them but anyways i took them to my tailor (he said shouldnt be a problem at all) today for the waist to wear without a belt so should be good after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Eventhough some people said go TTS on 15.5 stretch, what do you do if your in between sizes? I'm a 32 in Acne Ace Cash, but I'm sometimes a 32 or 33 depending on where the jeans sit. Should I go 32 or 33 ?

Edited by Mister Wayne

anyone got either the first (ss14) or second (fw13) in a 31 or 32 and can help me out with measurements? the sizing differences within the 15.5cm cut are ridiculous and i dont feel like ordering 4 pair of jeans just to return 2 or 3 in the end

m2abqCg.jpg ABJtJzy.jpg

i already have the mij black denim from ss14 and some fw13 denim but they all fit different and i had to take some of them to the tailor :( 
im going tts, just hope someone can give me some help as i cant find either on ssense or mrporter where they provide measurements

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

anyone ever seen a thicker width version of the "3 passants" belt... (i.e. over 1 inch in width?)

i've only seen the skinny version, with chain and without chain

edit: ah damn this is a sick look for women's pre-fall ... peep the belt too. 

hyO5lmm.png

Edited by Vampyrvargfesten

Any comments on the SL skate shoes (vans authentics) sizing? I went down 1/2 size for the slip ons - I think I should take my regular size (42 in the lace up) - I'm a 42 in boots, SL/02, SL/10 etc...

I went half a size down on the laceups, but I tried on my true size and could hardly tell a difference honestly.  You'll be fine either way.

heard the slips on / skate shoes are really awful quality, vans-a-like, is that true ?

In all honesty, Vans are better quality. I was hoping they would be like the Céline skates with super durable construction and nice fabrics. The SLP ones are on par with K-Mart in quality - the sole is god awful (super flexible and feels cheap). On the inside you can see little bubbles of glue where they connect the canvas to the sole. I tried on a pair for shits and there was no arch support and the sole felt paper thin, any length of time walking in them and your feet would be screaming. Avoid.

Edited by jdemotion

is it just me or does ss14 15.5cm denim fit a little more relaxed compared to fw13? especially in the thigh area. i remember i had to break all of my pairs in when i went tts last season. might just be me though

Yeah I have SS13, AW13, and SS14. The rise is the same length, and the waist is the same, but the thighs are larger so it's more natural to pull them right up as they were shown on the runway. They sit about an inch higher. In fact, if you lie the new ones on top of the old ones with the crotch 1 inch lower, the thighs are exactly the same. Bleached jeans are also pretty large in the thigh (the more expensive 2% elastane ones, not the 1% ones which are the regular skinny fit). I have stayed true to size in both because I like the runway look. 

I think the waist is bigger in the SS14 jeans too. My AW13 jeans were crazy tight, but I had no such problem with my SS14 15.5s. This might be an issue though, since my AW13 pair stretched and ended up fitting perfectly, making me worried that my SS14 will similarly stretch and become too big for me.

Another note on the jean fit, I concur with others the waist tends to run big compared to the tightness of the thighs.  I'm standard 31-32 and size 32 in 15.5 is loose on the waist but still tight on the thigh while size 31 fit is skintight all around.  Ended up returning both, but after reading the above comments maybe should've stuck with 31 and let them stretch.

Anyone try the high waisted?  The waist on those runs tiny for some reason, had to size up 2 before I could button them!  Wondering if this is because if you are stick thin (I'm not) the waist needs to be smaller to stay up when you hike them up.  I usually find the waist of high waisted pants is bigger so that they can get over your hips, but doesn't seem to be the case with SLP (since of course an SLP boy has no hips).

Another note on the jean fit, I concur with others the waist tends to run big compared to the tightness of the thighs.  I'm standard 31-32 and size 32 in 15.5 is loose on the waist but still tight on the thigh while size 31 fit is skintight all around.  Ended up returning both, but after reading the above comments maybe should've stuck with 31 and let them stretch.

Anyone try the high waisted?  The waist on those runs tiny for some reason, had to size up 2 before I could button them!  Wondering if this is because if you are stick thin (I'm not) the waist needs to be smaller to stay up when you hike them up.  I usually find the waist of high waisted pants is bigger so that they can get over your hips, but doesn't seem to be the case with SLP (since of course an SLP boy has no hips).

err, this is about a simple morphological fact: you are thinner at your natural waist than at your hips so high waisted pants from anyone are always of a smaller width. If the designer intent to have you sag them then the waist will be wider so you can wear them at your hips anyway. I guess these pants are not to be worn sagged.

err, this is about a simple morphological fact: you are thinner at your natural waist than at your hips so high waisted pants from anyone are always of a smaller width. If the designer intent to have you sag them then the waist will be wider so you can wear them at your hips anyway. I guess these pants are not to be worn sagged.

Well yes that's true, my true waist is smaller.  But these are so slim I couldn't even pull them up to my true waist without sizing up and then they didn't look quite right (too baggy in the thigh/crotch after sizing up), and I hardly have a big belly or anything.  Anyway, just sharing my experience if you can fit one size in the regular jeans the same size in high waisted may be too small unless you are rail thin.

I guess my experience with other high waisted pants being bigger in the waist is more like sac waist style a la Yohji and not representative of a traditional pant cut.

Edited by Ryoanji

was thinking about purchasing these http://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product/men/shoes-boots-signature-lace-up-boot-in-black-leather_cod44541955cg.html but im worried about how they will age\ primarily im concerned about creasing if anyone has them, lmk a few  details about them thanks

Edited by jordankpersad

Figured my issue out: AW13 denim runs one size small, but SS14 denim runs true to size. I just sized down one size, and my jeans fit exactly the same as the AW13 ones. 

My opinion is that they are cut differently in order to be worn higher on the waist. I have both AW13 and SS14 in brand new condition, and the waist in both measures exactly 82cm around when worn (I threaded a tape measure through like a belt). However if you lie one on top of the other, while the waist and rise is exactly the same, the thighs are bigger in the SS14 ones, which allows them to be pulled up about an inch higher (if anyone has both, just put them on and you'll find that the SS14 ones sit about an inch higher, as seen on the runway, you don't even have to make any effort to pull them up, they just naturally sit higher).

The bleached are also like this (I have the £340 2% elastane one, but when I tried the £255 1% elastane pair, they were more like the traditional low waisted cut, however the knees were so stretched out from the distressing process that they were unwearable imo). Waists in the bleached are bigger than the MIJ ones too (about 85cm in the one I have), as they are in all MII pairs I've tried. I could have sized down in the bleached easily, but chose not to in order to get the runway/campaign look. 

I also looked at the vans yesterday. I do like the black glitter ones, and the lambskin ones with the studs. I'm not sure about the quality, they just look like vans to me, and while I do like both, for me vans are something that I can wear when I need something I don't care about, for example for going to festivals or concerts, and so having £480 studded lambskin ones kind of defeats the purpose.

was thinking about purchasing these http://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product/men/shoes-boots-signature-lace-up-boot-in-black-leather_cod44541955cg.html but im worried about how they will age\ primarily im concerned about creasing if anyone has them, lmk a few  details about them thanks

One of the staff at the Bond Street store has the derby version in the same high shine leather. They look like they have broken in nicely from what I saw, they still have the high shine finish, and while they have creased, it looked more like waves than harsh creases / cracks, if you know what I mean.

On another note, for anyone considering the new blake 2 hole derby - I wouldn't bother. I bought some online from some Italian website and sent them straight back. It seems like they have just stuck the same upper from the first version onto a bigger heel, and it doesn't work. Because of the heel placing the foot at a steeper angle, it's causing a really harsh crease at the midfoot where the tongue is being pushed forward. The new blake cropped jodhpur doesn't have this problem though, and is probably one of my favourite shoes ever.

In the areas that experienced the most wear, I got those unattractive creases that you only see in patent leather pretty quickly.  Still an awesome boot, though.

Wish I had a better picture than this, but this is after maybe 5 wears:

2wn1usz.jpg

just got my pair, sizing up, shouldnt have tho, the waist is a bit big , good with belt but make some fold. otherwise all the rest is good,

Should i maybe put them in hot water + dryer so the waist will shrink a bit or fuck it ?

edit ; fuck off just gonna take them to tailor the waist a bit.

I wouldn't suggest It, that's just like pissing in your pants - it only work for awhile and then it's the same again.

You're right by taking them to a tailor, wear them well and never wash them!

Edited by Dillersann

I was hoping for some help. I have decided to drop sizes from 29 to 28. I've already purchased new jeans, but can't find the belts I want in size 80. Is size 80 not produced for menswear? The online store for Europe doesn't seem to have any and I don't remember seeing any in store (other than the unisex / women's).

Mostly, I'm concerned with replacing my western belt (Style ID 346571 BOR0Y 1000; this one: http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/belts-skinny-belt-western-belt-in-black-leather_cod46333702vf.html ) in size 80. However I can't find it anywhere, but I think I can get the women's version in size 80 (Style ID 352958 BOG0Y 1000; this one: http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/women/belts-skinny-belt-western-belt-in-black-leather_cod46336960je.html ). Does anybody know if they are the same? I know a lot of the accessories are intended to be unisex, but I would prefer to buy the men's version if there is a difference.

Thank you

Anybody else struggling to find belts in smaller sizes? Seems ridiculous that the online store doesn't stock 80 in men's belts.