Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

Just bought some 15,5 stretch denim, did i make a mistake if i sized up one size ?

problem for me (when i sized up) was that they were just too big around the waist. when i went tts though, waist was perfect but thighs were really tight (calves were pretty good) so i was scared and went one up. with my next 15.5cm i went tts, gave them 2 weeks of wear and the fit was bomb. always depends on your body but i go tts as they will definitely break in

Any comments on my perfecto fit?  i feel like i coulda sized up one...size 46

main thing that's bugging me is sleeve length

what do you guys think?

for me, the "pit-to-pit" measurements are biggest challenge... since the armholes are cut pretty high for some of the jackets

here's an example of another cropped fit... the sleeves are real short here but it looks alright

LpJaxyN.jpg

i've done "size-up" as well as "TTS" on the D02 (9 inch rise) skinny jeans and i wear both regularly.  sized-up is gonna sit lower and sag slightly (just wear a belt) and TTS will be painful and tight initially.

there are apparently 11 inch rise versions in the new collections... interested in trying those out

If I'm buying some 15.5cm SLP jeans, what size should I get? I'm a true 28 waist, but more around 30 at my hips. Really thin legs though. Should I go according to waist or hips since I assume that's where they'd rest?

If I'm buying some 15.5cm SLP jeans, what size should I get? I'm a true 28 waist, but more around 30 at my hips. Really thin legs though. Should I go according to waist or hips since I assume that's where they'd rest?

SLP jeans don't really rest on the hips, that was more a DH thing. I'd go with waist. 

Dunno about you guys, but from the 2 pair of boots i got from saint laurent, the quality is kinda pretty normal for the price point of the brand in general.

would you say there are better alternatives at a cheaper price point? been looking for the black chelsea boots at a reasonable price

just got my 15.5cm black jeans today and they fit so perfectly. is it normal for them to be a little loose near the top though? i have around a size 27 waist and the lowest size offered by mr porter was 28, so I just went with that. seem to fit fine but worried about stretching.

also just copped some old season dior homme chelsea boots to rock with them since i can't really afford the current slp boots

just got my 15.5cm black jeans today and they fit so perfectly. is it normal for them to be a little loose near the top though? i have around a size 27 waist and the lowest size offered by mr porter was 28, so I just went with that. seem to fit fine but worried about stretching.

also just copped some old season dior homme chelsea boots to rock with them since i can't really afford the current slp boots

I'm in the exact same predicament. Sized up 1 because of the super skinny fit, yet they fit perfectly around the thighs and calves. I could fit a few fingers between my waist and the denim, but it is far from falling. I think I'll keep them as you could always have the waist taken in or simply wear a belt. 

think the same thing will happen to me guys, im usually a size 30 and size up to 31 for my pair of 15,5.

idk man i wouldn't worry about it. at least with mine, it's still very tight and i can't imagine the fit would be different with one size lower. if it stretches, i might wear a belt. that's it

would you say there are better alternatives at a cheaper price point? been looking for the black chelsea boots at a reasonable price

i dont know, i just got some old dior boots instand and sold my slp , look better and 2x cheaper and material is more good lol.

Just got the SS14 SLP teddy jacket.

Is it suppose to fit a little tight?I got a 48 and I'm usually a medium.

It fits a little tight by my back when I try to move but the length is fine. 

Just got the SS14 SLP teddy jacket.

Is it suppose to fit a little tight?I got a 48 and I'm usually a medium.

It fits a little tight by my back when I try to move but the length is fine. 

hm well if you aren't uncomfortable and can live with it

post pics?

I suppose I did because Mr Porter only had a 28 when I have a 27" waist. Should I return and try to find 27?

That's what I'd do. No point in wearing jeans a size too big. Luisa Via Roma has them in size 27

I think the size is perfect for that classic hedi fit thats only attainable by skinny guys where its obliviously skinny but not leggings tight. Maybe you think the waist is big cause they should sit more on the hips.

But that's the Dior Homme fit, not the SLP fit. SLP is supposed to be leggings skinny.