Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

Not a big fan of Kanye but calling Hedi a brilliant artist is taking it a bit too far. He feels the time allright but nothing he has done has been super original a tweak here a tweak there. Don't get me wrong buthe ain't no yohi or rick owens, where as you see it you know who it is by.

A thrift shop and my tailor can do that too. And yes my tailor is that good.

Maybe now he isn't pushing boundaries, but don't forget that before VOTC he was one of the the most innovative designers out there. 

http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/saint-laurent-drops-a-retailer-in-t-shirt-flap/?_r=0

colette will no longer stock saint laurent

i think it's a bit of an extreme decision

but seriously though, fashion parody shirts need to stop now 

think of the children

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Far too much fashion criticism just sort of declares that something is happening and makes vague gestures to words like "line" and "architectural" without really demonstrating where this Thing is happening or what It is doing to buttress, uh, new masculinity. That's just my impression of this video, nothing to do with that collection.

• 2 weeks later...

My girl and I went to the Céline outlet up in Harriman NY today, and I found there was a YSL / SLP outlet up there as well. I went in and it's a mini SLP store, women's shoes and bags in front, mens and womens RTW in the back room with a small selection of mens shoes.

The outlet runs a year behind, so they just recently got some ss13. Tons of great womens stuff, mens was pretty scattered - lots of suiting (size 46 - 50), shirting was the babycat western, geometric shapes, and a lot of the Grimes tees - mostly in larger sizes 40-42. Only two pairs of jeans in size 27 from ss13, and shoes only had the studded low top sneakers and the glitter boots and jodhpurs. Pricing seemed to be about 50-75% from retail.

I tried asking one of the SA's about when they will expect fall and it seems around Aug-Sept they will have a good selection of whatever was left over... probably not much tbh.