Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

We can discuss about aesthetic, design or something like that but there is no doubt that about profits Hedi is one of the best

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/kering-ppr-reports-64-sales-growth-for-its-luxury-division-in-q1/

And this increase only in one season; now Saint Laurent Paris could be a less glamurous brand but a much more profitable brand (sell in much more luxurious boutique than previous seasons).

During DH era Hedi Slimane was a pop rock scena designer.

Now Hedi Slimane is a rappers designer; you only have to take a look on www.upscalehype.com to see who wears SLP!!!

It is a pity that rich Chinese/Koreans tend to destroy good designs and good brands (SLP, balmain...). They are only attracted by the price of the tag not by the design.

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.

only seen that clown miguel and some other cat wearing the striped jacket tbh. im glad most rappers are fatties so theyre never gonna be able to rock skinnys or cropped jackets. theyll never to able to pull off that look, just let em stick to shitty arenas balmain and givenchy

What the hell are you talking about?

Balmain and Balenciaga (Nicolas Ghesquiere era) is just as severely skinny as Saint Laurent. 

That's the draw of Saint Laurent for me. I was too to be buying high fashion when Dior Homme was in its stride. Now, I get to make up for lost time.

By dressing like an out-of-fashion douche bag?

Ok.

That's the draw of Saint Laurent for me. I was too to be buying high fashion when Dior Homme was in its stride. Now, I get to make up for lost time.

You could have been buying topman for the past 10 years and you would be up to speed with SLP's current look.

Edited by homme.homme

Sorry but theres gotta be a line in terms of men's wear and women's. dont get me wrong, i can accept the skirt/kilt like stuff even though i dont wear it, but that hat and the crossed out tank top that hedi designed for SS07 dior is just plain wrong on a dude IMO.

Wonder if they got the clothes and stuff for free/borrowed or actually pay retail for these. I was reading some random article the other day bout some 90s boy band who actually went bankrupt and still owed their company money at the end of their career, from the advances they get for buying the gear, cars and house during their career. I seriously doubt these flavor of the month, gaga wanna bes are gonna be in the industry in the next few years.

Sorry but theres gotta be a line in terms of men's wear and women's. dont get me wrong, i can accept the skirt/kilt like stuff even though i dont wear it, but that hat and the crossed out tank top that hedi designed for SS07 dior is just plain wrong on a dude IMO.

id accept a version of the fedora with a way smaller brim even though im not into it myself. atleast rather than the whole pyrex/givenchy-use-my-flannel-shirt-as-a-skirt-tied-around-my-waist thing or the oversized tee as a skirt look. or actually wearing a skirt. but thats just my two cents, im not old enough to know this a 100% sure but isnt a small brimmed fedora a classic menswear item? i can totally feel you about the women's one though. It looks hot af on a woman but its just wrong on a dude

btw just ordered the glitter boots, ill post fit pics if someones interested

Edited by Glitch

im not old enough to know this a 100% sure but isnt a small brimmed fedora a classic menswear item? 

Maybe so, but small brimmed fedoras looks terrible on everyone. I think medium brimmed hats, with maybe half a foot of brim, have the possibility to look good, but it's iffy. Hats in general are hard to pull off. 

Oh, and please post a fit of the boots.

I am trying to get my hand on these in size 39 but I really cannot find them anywhere...

If anyone can help or got a lead, I ll really, really appreciate it.

315063_AQE00_1000_A-ysl-saint-laurent-pa

http://www.mientus.com/saint-laurent-stiefelette.html

size 6 equals a 39

edit: just saw the ones i linked have a zipper, closest i could get you atm

Edited by Glitch

Did they fit true to size for you? im a 42 in most shoes and also a 42 in my slp high tops and my black slp ankle straps you mentioned above. you might get lucky if they restock them on ysl.com. also, theres quite a few retailers that will order them for you if you ask for it  :)

Do you know of a particular retailer who is ok to order a particular size upon request ? 

I asked a few already but no luck so far.

First place would be the boutique i linked for the zipped ones. They ordered a bracelet for me by slp which they didnt even stock after i sent them a message containing the ysl.com link  :)

Leather biker jacket size 44 new for a fraction of the price right now, ending soon:

http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s332651577

hows stuff like this even possible? i know theres a few 'custom made' items floating around that look almost exactly the same as slp, but theyre not tagged or anything and this one clearly has a tag attached to it

It's popular item in popular size, the seller seems confident that it'll sell and generate more interest by starting low starting bid. He's got some big size less popular jacket at retail price starting bid on his other auctions.

I checked his feedback, seller seems legit and sold a bunch of dolces, SLP stuffs with 1円 starting bids for small size popular items.

Edited by ken shinoda

First place would be the boutique i linked for the zipped ones. They ordered a bracelet for me by slp which they didnt even stock after i sent them a message containing the ysl.com link  :)

E-mail sent ! 

Let's hope they say yes ;)

Leather biker jacket size 44 new for a fraction of the price right now, ending soon:

http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s332651577

How would I go about bidding on this if I don't know Japanese? Would I use Buyee, or is that just a scam?

And is the general consensus that all the SLP stuff for sale is legit?

Edited by Illithid Dude

Well, since Saint Laurent is heavily based on current L.A. trends, and I live in L.A, it isn't out of fashion here. 

Aside from the faint 90s grunge references (more like fabric and styling than cut) his collections are retro 2006-2007, are LA people so lame they already moved into 2000s nostalgia? Hey let's drink some jack daniels and go to the Libertines show, maybe we can go out to Misshapes after that and get our picture taken wearing sleeveless shirts and makeup.

And is the general consensus that all the SLP stuff for sale is legit?

imo yes. the custom items i saw, which appear to be identically the same, have never been labeled 'slp'. the guys just use the exact same measurements and materials, thats what they say. they even got the herringbone chains on them, just no label. ive never ordered from them yet, but would be interested to see the quality compared to an original item