image.jpg
1034722.jpg
1034723.jpg
1034724.jpg
1034726.jpg
1034727.jpg
1034728.jpg

1034725.jpg

Hedi Slimane's inaugural menswear show for Saint Laurent brought the thrill of unique casting to the AW13 season, as musicians and the specially scouted pounded the runway to one-man-band Ty Segall's blaring soundtrack.

Egyptian Hip Hop, Swim Deep, Theme Park, Coastal Cities, Bos Angeles, Halls, Sobo and Burger Records' brilliant The Garden (singer/twin Wyatt Shears opened the show) strutted the pavement-look runway. As the boys darted past urgently, that subliminal motif was underscored – think of the fleeting moment when you see someone with great style in the street: as quickly as they appear, they're gone.

All part of the philosophy that this catwalk segues into everyday performance, a lemniscate without beginning or end, we called Londoner Jonny – look 18 in the running order – to show off the House's signature accessories.

http://staging.dazeddigital.com/fashion/article/16007/1/saint-laurent-signature-accessories

if anyone's still interested in the Hypebeast article here is a link:

Thanks really well-written essay, i was wondering how was this david hellqvist (if he was just a blogger or if it was its current job) and yes therefore i'm half impressed, still good tho.

I have the studded sneakers in black. I like them a lot and went true to size. Don't get them too big. The way the tongue is stitched to the toecap makes it so it pushes down on your toes if it is too loose and will hurt a bit breaking in. The studs themselves are really small; smaller than you would think by looking at the picture. The leather seems to get scuffed pretty easily so you probably need to watch out when you wear them. I love them though and they're decently comfortable after you break them in. They look really nice though, really sleek.

Edited by jayel

Hello:

I would like to know your opinion about stud sneakers?

http://cdn-i3.farfetch.com/10/41/31/82/10413182_2135524_400.jpg

thank you so much

I've tried them on several times and while the boots are constructed nicely, I really can't get down with the sneakers they feel overly plastic-y. Also my friend has the black studded high tops and two studs have fallen off since he bought them in April.

tbh I'd recommend Common Projects over these... better quality, better priced, and I think the studs are a bit too "precious", they're very small (look more like little gems than studs) and look better on the women's sneakers.

I really can't get down with the sneakers they feel overly plastic-y. 

They start out feeling a little foamy and plastic-y, but after a little bit of wearing they end up feeling very soft. 

Update to the sunglasses. I tried on a bunch yesterday between eyeglasses and the sunglasses. There was a limited quantity and the styles were sporadic but I liked a lot of what I saw. A lot f the styles are indeed unisex and mostly all the frames I tried on were acetate. The quality is pretty similar to DH frames. Nothing extraordinary but just nice. I felt the frames were worth the price though, unlike a lot of other sunglasses brands.

My main highlight however was the case. A gorgeous, big sized leather flap case with magnetic closure that is so simple and clean. I actually think I'll get some use out of it apart from what it's actual purpose is.

All in all, they're nice, classic, unisex frames that are worth the 275+ price range. But probably not worth any more than that.

anyone got information on how the glitter on these will react to walking over a period of time? will it just start to crumble on the creases or actually stick to the leather? got the all black ones already so fit is out of question here, just wondering about the glitter thanks

010_19c0bb74-ab51-4f1d-b5c8-480a5796efc3

tried the glitter boots today...amazing. but the silver boots are more amazing, so on points. but silver colored shoes are very hard to carry...i can only think of wearing them with really washed denim...the brown suede boots are all sold out and i thought they would re-release them in winter. i am so wrong

During DH era Hedi Slimane was a pop rock scena designer.

Now Hedi Slimane is a rappers designer; you only have to take a look on www.upscalehype.com to see who wears SLP!!!

It is a pity that rapper tend to destroy good designs and good brands (SLP, balmain...). They are only attracted by the price of the tag not by the design.

During DH era Hedi Slimane was a pop rock scena designer.

Now Hedi Slimane is a rappers designer; you only have to take a look on www.upscalehype.com to see who wears SLP!!!

It is a pity that rapper tend to destroy good designs and good brands (SLP, balmain...). They are only attracted by the price of the tag not by the design.

only seen that clown miguel and some other cat wearing the striped jacket tbh. im glad most rappers are fatties so theyre never gonna be able to rock skinnys or cropped jackets. theyll never to able to pull off that look, just let em stick to shitty arenas balmain and givenchy

Edited by Glitch

.. lots of rapper or celeb wear DH and now SLP....they have to wear extra large size to achieve that hyberbeast look. so ridiculous.. one does not need to go far but to check out instragram or tumblr and you can see so many dickheads wearing wearing 1 or two SLP pieces esp the denim...the SLP are never designed to be worn that..

^^there are so many fallacies and mistakes i don't want to even try, because then you'd have to break down everything, which is pointless because they wouldn't be able to wrap their minds around it anyway

i tried once with faust on this sort of topic, it's like trying to tunnel through a concrete wall with your bare hands

I love how something so historically situated (as far as fashion is concerned) as silver rocker boots get re-released twice in the span of 10 yrs (by the same designer but two diff labels) and some people still wanna KOP. These guys are either 16 y/o or were clueless the last time around. Ultimate irony would be some Diorbeast reselling his DH to buy SLP.

I love how something so historically situated (as far as fashion is concerned) as silver rocker boots get re-released twice in the span of 10 yrs (by the same designer but two diff labels) and some people still wanna KOP. These guys are either 16 y/o or were clueless the last time around. Ultimate irony would be some Diorbeast reselling his DH to buy SLP.

or maybe they didn't get a chance to cop the DH ones.

Maybe they should stop dressing like bébé rockers?

Edited by Fuuma

That's the draw of Saint Laurent for me. I was too to be buying high fashion when Dior Homme was in its stride. Now, I get to make up for lost time.