Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

for me the most disappointing aspect of the entire saint laurent line is the footwear. the quality of dior footwear I have from 02 through 07 is far superior and the prices were quite a bit less in comparison with saint laurent. i think some of the styles and shapes of the saint laurent boots are nice but the high shine leather is weird in person and the soles are very thin. the fabrication of dior's tailoring is also of a higher standard, but the fit of saint laurent is better. however, the saint laurent leathers are an improvement over the later season dior leathers. i only hope they switch up the leather for the fw jackets so i can justify having several of them.

Edited by Astérix

You can't really compare prices from 11 years ago. Something that sold for $100 in 2002 would be around $130 today. Not to mention its a completely different brand with different costs.

As for the quality I feel that the pieces I have are more delicate but that doesn't necessarily mean lower quality.

Edited by jayel

i agree SLP is even slimmer then DH, especially the outerwear.. totally unforgiving with hardly room for any layering. i also find the jackets are cropped extremely short... i'm hoping FW will be roomier and that the denim line will have regular waist (those back pockets sag badly imo) but quality wise i find it's rather top notch even if the thin fabric does feel delicate..

with saint laurent, it is possible to have garments which fit like they were shown on the runway or in campaigns. the dior fit that ended up in stores was always compromised to fit a wider demographic. however, they are two completely different styles. dior has long tube sleeves which are slim from the bicep through the forearm. saint laurent is more classic in the sense that the bicep is cut fuller and there is a taper down to the cuff. also, saint laurent uses more padding in the shoulders of the tailored wear while dior has a softer shoulder line which was basically unpadded. not to mention, the proportion of saint laurent is on the shorter side which is more in line with how dior 06aw was shown. for me, a dior 44 is still off while a saint laurent 44 looks exactly like the show room pictures. also the difference between sizes is not drastic; i could wear a 48 in the perfecto if i wasn't so particular.

Edited by Astérix

Astérix nailed it.... SLP fits exactly how you expect it to. Even with the women's line, most of the outerwear and some tailored pieces are completely unisex (button's on the right side, long sleeves) and are perfect for a smaller frame. I'm on the shorter side (5'9"), and I find the tailored SLP pieces to be a perfect length in the body which is something I never thought I'd find. Outside of some Number (N)ine blazers, all of my blazers / suits have needed shortening. The tops are supposed to be short / cropped and boxy.

i'm into the fit. works for me since i have a somewhat short torso / longer legs.

the deep back pockets on the jeans are alright with me. it works because i think the jeans are meant to be worn slightly lower.

i actually went a size up on the 16cm black jeans just to slouch them slightly.

and regarding the unisex fit, i've seen some pics online of dudes wearin some of the womens leathers. they're cropped just a little bit shorter, but the arms are much skinnier.

also weird SLP-related fan art(?) is hilarious as hell hahahahaha

8M79rBS.jpg

P8MMSBw.jpg

min2max:

Thanks first of all, just checked out matchesfashion and their model was 1.88m and was wearing a 48, which is my size too. Im about the same size and i have long legs and the cropped length would not be a problem for me. So im still kind of confused what to choose :/

http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/148772

Also, im definitely as thin as the dude wearing it, so im thinking of getting my regular size, 48 :/

Hey Sire, im selling a pair of YSL sunglasses for sale in the supermarket, you might wanna check them out.

went for a 48 on the bomber, fits me perfectly fine cause im quite skinny and have long legs. sleeves are 68.5cm so overall sizing is tts just a cropped body. if anyones interested in a fit pic i can do that

went for a 48 on the bomber, fits me perfectly fine cause im quite skinny and have long legs. sleeves are 68.5cm so overall sizing is tts just a cropped body. if anyones interested in a fit pic i can do that

Please do, I'm skinny with long legs as well. A cropped body is no problem, but the sleeves man, the sleeves.

That's a great jacket. Is it very thick?

jacket is made of braided polyester and cotton, inner is made of copper rayon, the whole jacket feels very luxurious. (compared to other bombers by givenchy etc) its hard to say, it feels thick but not heavy, meaning its really well crafted while still being lightweight. only part thats a bit heavy are the sleeves due to the leather

suLg6pP.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks Hedi's stint at YSL/SLP is really just him giving a final "fuck off" to fashion? Don't get me wrong I loved what he did at DH and what he did for menswear. But seriously? It seems like he must have gotten so tired of calls for him to get back in the game that he decided "hmmm just how much can I actually fuck with this industry, and a couple $xxxxxxxx (god only knows) wouldn't be bad. Like "how much can I get away with and still have people eating from my knickers?" It's kind of comical if you really look at it

Hedi's big joke list: (aka spreading the dreamers disease)

- Get them Down on their knees.

- Take one of the most Iconic Fashion houses and get them to move their HQ to LA. ✔

- Collect paycheck ✔

- Get them to change their name ✔

- Secretly outsource my actual job A&F/Hollister ✔

- Collect bigger paycheck ✔

- Sell the shit at 100x what it's worth ✔

- Collect even bigger paycheck ✔

- Take all the pictures so I can keep doing what I actually like to do ✔

- Snort 10 lines off McDonalds toilet seat✔✔

- Damn still not fired? Hmmm why not make a girl the new poster Boy?✔

- Hmmm that wasn't racy enough, what was that song I used to hear at the mall? New Radicals? "Fashion shoots with the aid of Beck & Hanson (ok so just Beck Hansen) Courtney Love & Marilyn Manson (you're all fakes run to your mansions)✔

Still to come:

- "I'm coming home baby, Year Tops, Give it too me now!"

- Collect Final monster pay check, and say fuck off I'm Hedi! Peace!

- Laugh til I cry :) muahahahaha