Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

min2max, its just an article on hedi and slp; no real new information. it borrows heavily (basically word for word in some parts) from wikipedia/otherarticles/youtube videos. there's like 2 paragraphs on the author modeling in luster though but thats about it as far as meritable content goes

wild bill, im calm. im really not so much reeling as much im exhausted from reading such boring harsh criticism, everywhere. wish people could see that by heckling you actually hurt the artist's feelings. and im just passionate about the subject because i like to hear what people have to say. its nice to observe and collect information about art, especially when you can get so much information from the artist herself/himself. not in this case, however. too much backwards thinking has caused Hedi to clamp his shell, so to speak. it's just a great misfortune to not be able to hear his point of view. may be im wrong for thinking that it's the public who has caused this, but i do believe it is so.

• 2 weeks later...

hedi was once quoted as saying, “Nothing will ever change. Fashion = music + youth + sex"

that's his world.... young, sexy musicians wearing saint laurent biker jackets are the ultimate personification of that quote

pretty much the only thing he cares about.

even when he took his leave of absence from fashion that's all he cared about.

example:

alice glass and sky ferreira

alice wearing the original biker jacket..

sky is wearin the new version for fall (long vertical zip pocket). looks good on her, imo.

b0d7osM.jpg

vjbetgn.jpg

NEhX9b1.jpg

from these pics, the only thing missing might possibly be the "sex" part

(maybe that depends if you think either alice or sky is hot)

(or if terry secretly touches sky f.)

(or if hedi had received a blowjob from a young boy while photographing alice glass)

anyone got a pic of Saint Laurent Studded boots? fit pic or worn by model.. was considering these seriously..but the last is very wide. the Chelsea black army boots are slim (without the stud)-- exactly what i want in shape. but it is too stealth. look kinda boring.

the other suede boots look too number-nine to me..

any comment is appreciated.

315304_AO900_1000_B-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-men-army-cropped-chelsea-clous-in-black-leather-450x564.jpg

315304_AO900_1000_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-men-army-cropped-chelsea-clous-in-black-leather-450x564.jpg

i find those kind of obnoxious unless you're a rockstar parading on red carpets but that's just me.. i'm also not a big fan of the shiny leather used on some of the footwear of this collection.. i think FW will have some very dope boots though

i wore my dior homme today to try the Saint Laurent denim...great cut (slim).. The pair i tried were washed indigo color. the only thing that stopped me from buying was the lack of selvedge, which is clear present on DH denim.

Edited by Bleu1950

the leather outfit on the right... hell yes

liaJ9xe.jpg

the boots in the fall collection look great

side zip harness boots are on my watch list

to bleau1950, i would pre-order some of the fall boots instead, they've got way more character. the footwear from the first season was too safe and boring.

the saint laurent brand is whatever it is. it's no longer ysl, so might as well with marilyn mason.

one of the reasons why people are so disappointed is they were expecting hedi to have a fresh take on ysl and bring something new to the table, different from what tom and stefano did. they just werent expecting a rehash of dh. they're disappointed because it's not yves saint laurent anymore, it's just saint laurent by hedi.

saint laurent is very much like givenchy, in regards to targeting an entirely different and younger market, as vampyrvargfesten mentioned. what riccardo is doing at givenchy has very little to do with the heritage of the label. hedi seems to be following similar footsteps with the rebranding of saint laurent.

Exactly this. If all this was done under the aegis of an Hedi Slimane label, I doubt the uproar would be as bad. Well, his diva behaviour and anti-press antics didn't help, and that was even before the show. Still, word is the collections are selling well.

The Fall boots look great. Swung by the store last week and one of the sales assistants was wearing the tan/brown pair that was featured all over the runway with the big buckle on the side. It had some nice bulk to it while still having a sleek silhouette.

Thanks for the showroom photos as well. It all looks really good, especially those leathers.

to bleau1950, i would pre-order some of the fall boots instead, they've got way more character. the footwear from the first season was too safe and boring.

thanks - already asked the sales assistant to text me photo of any incoming SLP piece. The only thing i don't like about the tan/brown suede boots is that i just got rid of my N(N) boots which look identical. I've been wearing those boots for quite some time in the winter.

anyone else noticed black leather on their boots has some sort of chemical applied to it? the reflection looks kind of strange.

for those boots posted above, it's not so much a patent leather, but a "high shine" leather...

patent leather usually implies some sort of plastic coating these days.

i tried on some penny loafers from the current spring collection, but couldn't justify buying them because they were so. damn. shiny. this sort of shiny leather was different than the other calfskin leather used for their other footwear models though.

anyway, the new boots look like they use the same sort of leather as the spring season chelsea boots... smooth leather calfskin

(screen grab taken from this video)

AxT5FXW.png

new stuff should arrive in a month or two, i think,

so we shall see...

I like some of the pieces worn with a different style (say very minimal) but that slim rocker bullshit is so done it's painful to watch.

Yeah, its so out of its element now.

You'd stick out like a sore thumb for all the wrong reasons wearing head to toe Saint Laurent.

the leather outfit on the right... hell yes

liaJ9xe.jpg

the boots in the fall collection look great

side zip harness boots are on my watch list

I like inner shirt, and boots. not really feeling those pants/jeans with the balmain ripoff zippers.

Will prolly buy those boots, along with the suede camel ones.

maybe it's different in real, but the shine on the boots from the photos just looks like a well polished boot? looks ace imo.

i'm guessing it's similar to the shine you find in prada creepers? which i think the non-official term is glazed leather.

Edited by swooc

anyone know if the regular waist cut jeans will appear next season (it was online during pre-SS13 then taken down & never made it to the shops) ?? i'm not a fan of low cut... also noticed all the selvedge denim is sold out at paris locations.. :(

Do someone if this is still available in Paris in golden?

Will call them but just in case one of you saw it.

http://www.ysl.fr/fr/shop-products/Men/Ready-To-Wear/Jackets-Casual/chemise-empicements-mtalliss-en-twill-de-laine-noir-et-or_805170564.html#!{"products":{"310290YUN68":{"size":"39","color":"1800"}}}

And also, I recently received an invitation for the saint laurent next private sale, do someone know if this will include new slimane pieces or just old YSL pieces?