Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

bill

mmm not to peg the board into a category but yes as late that is the most common perception...

honestly i think the rebranding is a good look,and i mean the ready to wear 'rive gauche' line in the 1960s was called "saint laurent" also,,,

nice nod to the past imo

9bPg4.gif

just everything is slick as hell.

KTpG3.jpg

store on rodeo is open by appointment only and only has a select number of items, rest is due by the end of the month

probably how this water bottle picture showed up on the web

rnxw2.png

by the way the men's clothes look slick as hell in person

in a strange but true encounter, i met hedi at some dance club in LA sometime a couple of months ago and he was wearing some of the new gear: biker jacket, black shirt, black slim trousers, black chelsea boots...

i couldn't help but stare at how perfect the clothes fit on him, and well i walked over, and said hello

i was at the paris st.honoré store today (new flagship on rive gauche is still under construction) and well it essentially feels like Dior Homme only black everything, they still haven't got much in yet but tried on 2 stunning jackets i hadn't seen in any ads/store online: a black cotton/leather varsity and another black leather/cotton barracuta G4 / rider jacket hybrid... incredible quality and details (the inside alone is some kind of heavy textured satin) sadly though they were both cut extremely short looking abnormal on my yet regular torso... fitting must of gone wrong or something.. on the other hand a size 46 mac trench fit huge although perhaps it was intended to be oversize.. but i have a sneaky suspicion sizing is a bit all over the place. except indeed for denim which runs true, although no clue if the raw selvedge models will shrink (forget about asking YSL sales reps if the denim is sanforized they had enough trouble understanding selvedge and getting right the 3 cuts i'd requested) one pair of denim though was absolutely stunning, grey black raw slims that felt like they were 24oz (no kidding) with again hidden details like selvedge line in the interior.. i was actually told by the oldest SA there (a lady in her 60s) that this model is inspired by hedi's first denim pair ever at YSL way back in the late 90s! probably some ol crock BS but nonetheless interesting imo:

14lf9t.jpg

So what's this I hear about the Saint Laurent store on Rodeo being appointment only?

ok word is that the full collection at the flagship rodeo store is not going to be displayed at the current location yet...

(because it was a tom ford concept)

so i imagine that they're going to be giving the store the "new" hedi makeover (marble, mirrors, etc)

they do have some stuff in, and they're showing some stuff only by appointment at this time

around beginning of february, they will be renting out the old missoni location as a temporary boutique during the renovation

and that's when the full collection will be available on the floor

• 2 weeks later...

The YSL store in Honolulu has been redone and says "Saint Laurent Paris."

I took a peek and they had a bunch of iPhone / iPad cases, card case, and wallets.

Also, they had black high cut sneakers along with white low cuts.

They sucked. A card case was 345 and looked really shitty except it has the new logo.

I can't really speak for the clothes b/c they are still waiting to get them.

It's lame as fuck. This dude has been doing the same trick over and over again, without any progression. Same with his photography.

i disagree. its pretty bad now but if u looked at his stuff for YSL early on, his vision in "follow me", and the volume/layers he worked with in his last couple collections i think its in him to still create something interesting, the question is more one of will

right now hedi just seems to be living out his fantasies. the "statement" he made with f/w 13 reminds me of billy joe's recent stunt when green day's set got cut short at some commercial performance

tumblr_masaqcWYFn1r5m493o1_500.jpg

this image is actually pretty sad. everyone in the audience is laughing.

Edited by sawyer

• 2 weeks later...

^

quite a few "celebrities" were wearing saint laurent at the grammys, and none really wore it that well...

seeing ne-yo, wiz, and miguel in the same jacket makes me wonder how embarrassing that must have been for their stylists

they aren't doing the pieces justice and the styling is absolutely trashy

on the other hand, the womens styling that i've been seeing in the magazine editorials are really nice. overall it's intimate and very sexual, but still very mysterious. those big-ass hats are awesome in their own right

Browns has a small selection too -> http://www.brownsfashion.com/Products/Men/SAINT_LAURENT/Products.aspx?&d=2439789&pc=633319&cl=2&ppc=633311

And Colette as well -> http://www.colette.fr/#/a/3/eshop/174/saint-laurent/brand/106882/

It's interesting to note how much less stores like Colette were selling the leather motorcycle jacket for than Saint Laurent itself.

^

quite a few "celebrities" were wearing saint laurent at the grammys, and none really wore it that well...

seeing ne-yo, wiz, and miguel in the same jacketmakes me wonder how embarrassing that must have been for their stylists

they aren't doing the pieces justice and the styling is absolutely trashy

on the other hand, the womens styling that i've been seeing in the magazine editorials are really nice. overall it's intimate and very sexual, but still very mysterious. those big-ass hats are awesome in their own right

Could not agree more. Tons of money, no taste. It was ever thus

It's interesting to note how much less stores like Colette were selling the leather motorcycle jacket for than Saint Laurent itself.

i'm guessing part of the price difference is due to VAT / currency exchange?

matches is basically selling a leather jacket for nearly $2,000 less than if bought at the saint laurent boutique at retail price (taking also into account california/new york sales tax)

from the looks of it, the boutique retailer/department store buys for ss13, at least in these initial deliveries, has been pretty "safe" and rather limited... mostly the printed shirts and such.

i've been told that some of the flagship boutiques will be getting a lot more stuff later, such as some of the leather accessories in exotic leathers (i was told alligator or snake wallet?), a men's version of the women's chain belt, among other things.

i think i only have maybe a couple of things from ss13 that i want to pick up, and then wait for the fall stuff...