Prada mens F/W 13 - Milan

bill

I'm usually not a Prada fanatic, but I really like this (I guess, fans of her last two won't). Don't know why, but Number (N)ine's FW2008 instantly came to mind when I saw this for the first time. It's probably because of the colors, because now that I look at it again the comparison doesn't really make any sense at all. Anyway, I like how casual it looks. Colors a great (especially the colored leather jackets), the sort of A-line cut of some coats is really nice, shoes are hot fiya as usual.

Damn... this collection took me by surprise, would wear most of this pretty regularly. I love the simplicity of the styling, the almost 90's modern interior design runway, the soundtrack... made everything look very relaxed and easy.

The heavy footwear / narrow cropped trouser / boxy top look was also done in a very wearable way with slight differences in proportion... while I really love that look the silhouettes are usually way too extreme and exaggerated.

50f430907858e.jpg

© prada - the a/w 2013 runway set-up at fondazione prada

it wasn't just prada's a/w 2013 men's collection that wowed the audience that had gathered at the fogazzaro exhibition hall last sunday. no, the decorum was very much part of the thrill. amo, the research studio of rotterdam-based architecture practice and longtime collaborator oma, conceived a set built around the perimeter of the audience, which is seated on an irregularly shaped central island. they face an ideal house, an interior populated with geometric furniture, objects and manifestations of everyday life. the runway models traverse this set, acting as characters in a sequence of sophisticated domestic scenes. while they walked around, a series of images are projected through multiple windows frames onto the perimeter wall. the imagery between outdoor urban images and interiors, expanding the show space and working as backdrop to the interior sets. the stage and the island are built in wood. the entire showcase is tied-in by a neutral shade of grey that covers both the stage and the perimeter wall. the furniture pieces are built in wood, metal and plexiglas and are combined with paper textures, while objects are realized in blue foam and painted wood. prada's a/w 2013 collection showcase also serves as a launch of sorts of the striking furniture pieces on display as they've been designed by oma for furniture brand knoll. this 12-piece collection is to be officially released later this year. show location: via fogazzaro 36 [porta vittoria].

50f4334599eee.jpg

50f433459ae8d.jpg

50f433459be2d.jpg

© prada

http://superfuture.c...2013-show-space

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...