Yom

visvim s/s 2013

anyone know what the sizing is like on lama sandals -  need for for a us 8.5?

Sorry for being off topic, but has visvim footwear always been made in China?

I just picked up a pair of old season skagway estlin (s/s 2011?) from yoox.

I'd say an exception is 101 Damaged-8 jacket- I just bought a size 2 from sufu member and it fits like SS13 101 jacket size 3. Maybe a taaad bit smaller in shoulders.. I find the SS13 101 damaged jacket to be a bit tight/small for a size 3.

diff season's damaged 101 fits differently, a huge variety of models as well, kano 101, dmg 101, stripes 101.

but 101 one wash basically fit the same, regardless whether is it the SS one wash or the luxsic one wash.

off-topic a bit.. but that's probably the most active Visvim thread so I'm posting it here.

I got a FW12 lt indigo Lhamo shirt, I really wanted to keep it but the fit was wrong- for my liking about 2-3 inches too long, the sleeves were too long by at least 3 inches. I'm 6 ft tall and wear size 3 and that's the size I got of the Lhamo. I couldn't size down because my shoulders / arms wouldn't handle anything tighter, not to mention I want to be able to pull off some layering with this lhamo.

Sooo I went to my trusted taylor and got the sleeves shortened and the total length adjusted. What do you think? Too bad I don't have 'before' photos, just 'after' ones, so just say if you feel it's too short / is it ok. (don't mind the other stuff I'm wearing with it, just trying on the Lhamo at my taylor's place):

lhamo_5.jpg

lhamo_3.jpg

lhamo_4.jpg

off-topic a bit.. but that's probably the most active Visvim thread so I'm posting it here.

I got a FW12 lt indigo Lhamo shirt, I really wanted to keep it but the fit was wrong- for my liking about 2-3 inches too long, the sleeves were too long by at least 3 inches. I'm 6 ft tall and wear size 3 and that's the size I got of the Lhamo. I couldn't size down because my shoulders / arms wouldn't handle anything tighter, not to mention I want to be able to pull off some layering with this lhamo.

Sooo I went to my trusted taylor and got the sleeves shortened and the total length adjusted. What do you think? Too bad I don't have 'before' photos, just 'after' ones, so just say if you feel it's too short / is it ok. (don't mind the other stuff I'm wearing with it, just trying on the Lhamo at my taylor's place):

Looks fine, maybe would have kept the length in the body. Honestly though if the sleeves were long you could have just rolled them a few times. I have a size 4 and im only 6'2" and im very surprised that your size 3 fit that large on you...

I didn't like the length of the lhamo, it was definitely too long for my liking, it went down to almost covering all my rear, it just didn't look good. As for the sleeves- yep, I could've just rolled them but now I can wear them unrolled / unrolled with unbuttoned cuffs or simply roll them. Many more options!

looks good yup, i've tailored a few of mine esp the natural dye one which was massive.

lose the draw strings / roll the collar a bit, and wear it in properly and you'll be there!

Sleeves fit really well and looks good but to be honest I wouldn't have made it that short. Just my own personal preference but I can't help that the cut of the shoulders looks strange with it that length.

overpriced? maybe .. but the quality of this season lauda is just superb, worth every penny. 

the only item i picked up this season. now i need to sell more stuff because of it lol

rtXkzAP.jpg

kWvAXyf.jpg

Edited by seven.homme

just wondering if the fabric is not pilling too much on these ? nice pick up anyway ! I love the outsole as well.

fuc the coming seasons jawnz fuck uugly shit

Awesome, more for me.

Any ideas how the brigadier will fit? Like em virgils?

whats the jp retail on the brigadier

yesterday it was 1usd/101.18 jpy

today it is 1usd/~101.20 jpy

yess.

Edited by mr.invincible

Does anyone else here own the first gen 20L shaker backpack from 2005?  The one I have is made in China.  Is it true that the first release of backpacks were made in China?  I'm the first hand owner of the backpack since 2005, but now getting accused of selling a fake. 

HUF in SF at the time had an account with Visvim as an official stockist (one of the first in US), so the stock had to be directly from Visvim/FIL.  Came with the envelope style box and tags etc.  Unless something went wrong in between the shipment, I'm quite confident that this is real?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350821099603?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

http://i.imgur.com/Hu2X5RV.jpg

Here's a comparison with the pics from Beinghunted (who is now Firmament, Visvim's official stockist in Germany):

http://www.beinghunted.com/v40/reviews/2005/may/visvim02/_html/slides.html

Would like some input/cross comparison from any first hand owner of the bag who bought from an official stockist if possible.

My first 20L bag is from 2005 too and nowhere on my bag can i even find a "made in xxx" tag.

My first 20L bag is from 2005 too and nowhere on my bag can i even find a "made in xxx" tag.

Was yours also the patchwork shaker 20L?  The tag on mine was behind the small pouch in the main compartment.  Mine was purchased in Spring 2005.

Any experience of finding this thin horizontal "made in China" tag on a bag purchased from a Visvim official stockist would be appreciated.

Was yours also the patchwork shaker 20L?  The tag on mine was behind the small pouch in the main compartment.  Mine was purchased in Spring 2005.

Any experience of finding this thin horizontal "made in China" tag on a bag purchased from a Visvim official stockist would be appreciated.

Mine is essentially the same bag but with elk leather bottom, just looked and there's no tag under the small pouch.

Mine is essentially the same bag but with elk leather bottom, just looked and there's no tag under the small pouch.

Thanks Kiya I appreciate your help.  It's becoming difficult to find any relevant info on the 2005 1st gen backpacks. 

I emailed both Visvim/FIL contacts found here (https://shop.visvim.tv/us/en/p2/).  I'm not sure if they respond emails about their early products.  They have phone numbers listed that I'm considering calling as well.  I just find it a bit strange if a bag I purchased from an official stockist turns out to be fake.

I also vaguely remember something about Visvim having a LA distribution presence at the time.  Does anyone know if they still have someone who can speak for the brand in US?

Edited by doogle

Thanks Kiya I appreciate your help.  It's becoming difficult to find any relevant info on the 2005 1st gen backpacks. 

I emailed both Visvim/FIL contacts found here (https://shop.visvim.tv/us/en/p2/).  I'm not sure if they respond emails about their early products.  They have phone numbers listed that I'm considering calling as well.  I just find it a bit strange if a bag I purchased from an official stockist turns out to be fake.

I also vaguely remember Visvim having a LA distribution presence at the time.  Does anyone know if they still have someone who can speak for the brand in US?

If you bought your bag from a US stockist there's really no way it was fake, there have only been a small handful of stockists in the US even since the beginning.  They closed down their LA distro office a few years ago.  I don't even think fake Visvim bags existed in 2005.

If you bought your bag from a US stockist there's really no way it was fake, there have only been a small handful of stockists in the US even since the beginning.  They closed down their LA distro office a few years ago.  I don't even think fake Visvim bags existed in 2005.

That's my view on this too.  HUF in San Francisco at the time was an official US stockist.  And like you mentioned, I've also never heard of counterfeit Visvim bags in 2005.  I believe the fakes came much later.

It's a shame they closed their LA distribution office.  The buyer started an Ebay dispute case against me the second he received the bag.  Now I'm trying to gather some info to prove the bags authenticity.  I already showed him discussions on different social media sites and forums where it was mentioned that Visvim had used factories in China to produce their luggage/bags in the past, that bags made in China is not an indicator of a fake Visvim bag.  That didn't help convince him much.

Now I'm trying to gather some cross comparison info from other owners who own bags from the same period.  Perhaps even a word from someone who can speak for the brand.

The backpacks were somewhat rare back in 2005, and it's been quite a while so I'm not sure who still owns Visvim bags from 2005 as first hand owners.

Never had to do this before, maybe it's more trouble than its worth?

ask for the item back and just move on, the buyer sounds like they are not worth the hassle