visvim s/s 2013

Yom

So this is pretty shameful but I thought I'd give some insight on fakes. I was in China and saw every fake that exists while in Zhuhai, and I know a lot of people had questions or debated authenticity here.

Clothing- All a complete joke. Everything constructed terribly, distressing and fit is totally off. Sizing is also off, so an XL fits like a small L, etc. No numerical sizing on the fakes.

Virgils- These look okay from afar, but on closer inspection they look pretty weak. Lining and suede is different than the real deal, and the tpu heel stabilizer looks cheap in person. All older suede and tpu colors, so its easy to spot as a fake.

Armiger- Like I said before, if theres puckering on the toe seams, then it is likely fake. The fakes were basically unlined, and the silhouette seemed a little off being worn. I think the materials used are a dead giveaway, but I haven't handled the real deal.

Patricians- Both the perfs and brogues. These actually look reasonable, which makes a lot of sense as to why people were duped here in the forums to thinking they were real. Large differences in leather quality and feel, and the fake vibram sole just doesn't look right in person. The leather on the footbed and the heel of the shoe look much different on the real deal.

Grizzly- Honestly as much as users here said that the stitching was on point and this and that with fakes, they aren't all that great in person. I think its impressive that somebody was able to copy these 1:1 considering the amount of complications in the construction, but the finish and details lacked any quality. Not to mention that most resellers were asking for $300 for these fakes which is ridiculous.

Last but not least nothing was tagged, bagged, or boxed. I understand the reasoning behind visvim counterfeiting and all, but I think the essence of the brand is missing with the fakes. All the lux leathers, materials, etc are what make the products.

The damaged albacore shirt is hotttt. Also, thanks for the insights from the fake Visvim in China! Did you not spot any fake FBTs? Would love your opinion on them

Lots of fake FBTs, but I was under the impression everybody already knew about them. Mastermind FBT is probably the most common faked, followed by the shaman fbt. Saw the patchwork fbt's as well. All of them felt very flimsy in the toebox, but the leather in the ankle area felt very soft and plush. Also forgot to mention that they only had suede models so I didn't see any full leather repros (I know they exist) I don't have too much experience with FBT's but my guess is that they are pretty similar to the real deal. They really only repro the older FBT's so it should be easier to avoid them if you are in the market for a pair.

Edited by Fycus

excerpts from the New Order interview with the pony-tail prophet:

"I have realized that I don't have to be anything, I can just be who I am. I tried so hard to be authentic but if I'm trying so hard I am not being authentic. This phase passed and I became more relaxed, I could accept myself."

On ICT:

"We still make authentic materials using the same method from 1800's as an experimental project so I can learn but because times have changed the cost of labor is so high and I still want to make something accessible, it's expensive but accessible. If I made a jacket from the Ainu tribe in Japan it would not be accessible. Even if someone bought it, it would not be profitable and even if it was profitable, no one would want to make it because it would take too much time."

"Many people ask me if I am trying to make Visvim a luxury brand, but that is not something I consider. Probably we are making some product that has a similar price of a luxury brand but that at least doesn't come first to me... I really believe the coolness of the product comes from inside so that is something I want to express."

On ICT:

"I have heard about techniques from Mali which would be interesting. I recently went to Indonesia to find this beautiful textile they are making in Timor. This is all stuff I cannot do with my collection, only something on a smaller scale that I can do through this store and help find inspiration for the main collection."

"I would like to keep making good product but it is getting harder and harder, because manufacturing is always changing but I am doing my best. But I don't know for how long I can make Good Year Welt by hand; even I think people in China don't want to do it. We keep making it but I think it will be like making an Ainu jacket now."

he should've visited jakarta, then i could bring him around central java to show him some places where i know hand woven fabrics are being made

timor doesn't have nearly the interesting fabric that java has throughout the island, in my opinion

and that goodyear answer, is that just a way for him to excuse himself out of the future questions of why isn't the goodyear by hand anymore?

Anyone know where I can still find the Indigo Camping Trailer Kerchief Jacket in Navy or Red? Preferably size 3.

Also a quick question to those who have tried on the Sundance IT suede shirt. Do you need to size up one size from the normal Visvim shirt size?

Bergdorf got their first shipment in

VISVIM 2013 S-S

-------------------------------------------------------

7-Hole' 73-Folk - Brown - $915

Patrician WT Hi-Folk - Red Dirt - $800

Gris Moc Mid-Folk - Lt Brown - $630

Beuys Trekker Hausa-Folk - Lt Brown -$600

Beuys Trekker Hausa-Folk - Orange Pattern -$600

Skynard Ring Moccasin-Folk - Red - $545

ah keep hearing that name. I'm gonna try it out. Can't decide between a Lhamo or a Juneau Weld Pizi.

Stephen from stylistic space has helped me with all my visvim purchases, very legit guy.