WAYWT? [Denim Version] 2013

#GRAY

What is going on in here?
Crat, your jeans need serious help.

What is going on in here?

Crat, your jeans need serious help.

If you're referring to my fishing jeans; they've been washed a lot in their approx. 9y lifespan. My first pair of raws. They are what they are and reflect how they have been worn. A lot, with no special treatment. No 6months without washing, no special detergents. Just a lot of wear, getting dirty&muddy and being chucked in with the regular laundry.

Im going back to this with my next pair as none of my more recent jeans which have all been treated in accordance with the denimhead protocol will last me half as long as these Helmut Langs have; wear & tear everywhere within a year. I don't mind sacrificing fades for lifespan. Though this obviously looks less spectacular, the lengths people go to in order to acquire sharp fades surpasses my idea of using workwear the way it was intended to be used. Each to their own though. These are a bit too short for my taste now btw. but that can't be be helped anymore.

^You guys look more like identical twins :wink:

Funny enough I'm an identical twin. Well only now my brother is about 20kg heavier and is an active Olympic weight lifter, and I... well I like lift just not as much.

Edited by Rightyow77

If you're referring to my fishing jeans; they've been washed a lot in their approx. 9y lifespan. My first pair of raws. They are what they are and reflect how they have been worn. A lot, with no special treatment. No 6months without washing, no special detergents. Just a lot of wear, getting dirty&muddy and being chucked in with the regular laundry.

Im going back to this with my next pair as none of my more recent jeans which have all been treated in accordance with the denimhead protocol will last me half as long as these Helmut Langs have; wear & tear everywhere within a year. I don't mind sacrificing fades for lifespan. Though this obviously looks less spectacular, the lengths people go to in order to acquire sharp fades surpasses my idea of using workwear the way it was intended to be used. Each to their own though. These are a bit too short for my taste now btw. but that can't be be helped anymore.

Well said Crat.

^ That chore jacket looks great McBain I have a Pointer Brand Chore in the snap collar wish I would have picked up another while they were on sale for $30!!

Yeah mate can't beat that price. But even for the price now the jacket is pretty good. I have some other stuff from pointer, but I think I will buy another one and modify it fot the winter. Now that I know that US M is Eur XL...

• sufu1 unpinned this topic