Wool Varsity Styled Jacket

notesee

I was looking to buy a nice black wool varsity jacket for the upcoming season, with some white trimming. Has anyone purchased a jacket like this recently?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a good quality jacket like this in the NY or Boston area?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

I was looking to buy a nice black wool varsity jacket for the upcoming season, with some white trimming. Has anyone purchased a jacket like this recently?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a good quality jacket like this in the NY or Boston area?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Yeah, I was thinking about purchasing that Mishka jacket, but I wanted something that I would be able to try on before I threw down the money and I don't think that jacket will hit stores until after I go back to school.

The "M" on the front of that jacket bothers me, the font just looks off for some reason. Besides that it's a really nice jacket, but I want something that's out right now that I could go to the store and try on.

Oh man, that Supreme jacket is sick. That's definitely something I would be interested in but I'm assuming it's gone by now. How much did it retail for when it came out?

Yeah, I was thinking about purchasing that Mishka jacket, but I wanted something that I would be able to try on before I threw down the money and I don't think that jacket will hit stores until after I go back to school.

The "M" on the front of that jacket bothers me, the font just looks off for some reason. Besides that it's a really nice jacket, but I want something that's out right now that I could go to the store and try on.

Oh man, that Supreme jacket is sick. That's definitely something I would be interested in but I'm assuming it's gone by now. How much did it retail for when it came out?

Thanks for the suggestions .. the sports embroidery idea is good .. might do that if I can find one in my area and I like that black and gold Puma joint too.

I'm still debating whether to get a M65 or a varsity styled jacket .. decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the suggestions .. the sports embroidery idea is good .. might do that if I can find one in my area and I like that black and gold Puma joint too.

I'm still debating whether to get a M65 or a varsity styled jacket .. decisions, decisions.

Guest Montreal
I would say a slim-fit M65 trumps all, since it would be more weather-proof than the wool jacket you are looking at.

Where could one purchase something like that? (a slim-fit M65)

Guest Montreal
I would say a slim-fit M65 trumps all, since it would be more weather-proof than the wool jacket you are looking at.

i posted this before. these are fresh.

EBBETs

Quote: Our authentic American-made vintage baseball jackets represent the revival of craft in jacket-making. Although they may seem to superficially resemble modern award or school jackets, there are some key distinctions.

First, only the finest wool melton is used. We use no recycled fibers. Second, the leather we select is “naked†– that means it is naturally tanned instead of chemically treated. The texture is soft and supple. Our jackets are cut a little long in the waist, which is the true historic baseball style.

As in our flannels, decorations are what the team actually wore on the field – no more and no less – and vintage treatments include wool felt and chenille. Snaps, buttons or zippers match the original closures. Lining is rayon, and has inner “checkbook†pocket. Each jacket is hand-crafted, and made for a lifetime of wear.

http://www.ebbets.com/ebbets_flannel_browse.aspx

1946 Cleveland Buckeyes Jacket

cle46j.jpg

1955 San Francisco Seals Jacket

SFS55J.jpg

1935 Tokyo Kyojin (Giants) Jacket

tok35j.jpg

1943 Kansas City Monarchs Jacket

kcm43j.jpg

i posted this before. these are fresh.

EBBETs

Quote: Our authentic American-made vintage baseball jackets represent the revival of craft in jacket-making. Although they may seem to superficially resemble modern award or school jackets, there are some key distinctions.

First, only the finest wool melton is used. We use no recycled fibers. Second, the leather we select is “naked†– that means it is naturally tanned instead of chemically treated. The texture is soft and supple. Our jackets are cut a little long in the waist, which is the true historic baseball style.

As in our flannels, decorations are what the team actually wore on the field – no more and no less – and vintage treatments include wool felt and chenille. Snaps, buttons or zippers match the original closures. Lining is rayon, and has inner “checkbook†pocket. Each jacket is hand-crafted, and made for a lifetime of wear.

http://www.ebbets.com/ebbets_flannel_browse.aspx

1946 Cleveland Buckeyes Jacket

cle46j.jpg

1955 San Francisco Seals Jacket

SFS55J.jpg

1935 Tokyo Kyojin (Giants) Jacket

tok35j.jpg

1943 Kansas City Monarchs Jacket

kcm43j.jpg

I'd like to know too. Any stores in the NYC or Boston area would be appreciated, or even online stores. Although, I'd prefer to try it on in person since I don't have an M-65 and don't know how it would fit on me.

I'd like to know too. Any stores in the NYC or Boston area would be appreciated, or even online stores. Although, I'd prefer to try it on in person since I don't have an M-65 and don't know how it would fit on me.