help about LVC 822

firemandgy

I think Paul posted a list of which factories the # corisponded to. 555 is Valencia St if I remember right 554 is Texas and 643 is Tenn. but I don't know where 882 is. Search and I'm sure you'll cone up with the list.

If you're looking for some 47s these would be the ones to buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT1947VINTAGE-LEVIS-BIG-E-501-W32L36-LVC-555UNWASHED_W0QQitemZ290018831327QQihZ019QQcategoryZ52404QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think Paul posted a list of which factories the # corisponded to. 555 is Valencia St if I remember right 554 is Texas and 643 is Tenn. but I don't know where 882 is. Search and I'm sure you'll cone up with the list.

If you're looking for some 47s these would be the ones to buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT1947VINTAGE-LEVIS-BIG-E-501-W32L36-LVC-555UNWASHED_W0QQitemZ290018831327QQihZ019QQcategoryZ52404QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

firemandgy I e-mailed Lynn Downey at Levis and asked about the #s and heres her response to me.

"555 is the only number for Valencia Street. I can't give you the locales for the other numbers because that's proprietary information, sorry about that."

can you post the stamp numbers information here?

They won't give out all the codes for fear it will help counterfeiters. I had a partial list, as Allen mentioned, was supposed to be getting a full one and the guy was supplying it told me he wasn't allowed. But I've never heard of 822. Are you sure it's LVC? It's absolutely, definitely not Valencia, though.

^ hey! that repro changed the pocket print from:

"They are positively superior to any in the United States are made by white labor and enjoy the finest reputation." (Nevada Jean)

to

"They are positively superior to any in the United States and enjoy a global reputation."

I wonder why......