going to HK. desperate. NEED HELP!

tonaf

dear all,

im going to hk this weekend for a bigggg shopping trip. i want to buy some items that i can't get where i currently live, so i really need you guys' help as it will probably be a longish time until i have such a chance again (im trying to sound desperate as to get some help). plus, i don't really know my directoins around hk, so please help me!

im looking for the following items:

1. nudie jeans -- from their website, i see that they are selling their jeans at 'SEIBU'. is this store easy to find? are there any other places that sell nudies in case SEIBU doesnt have what i'm looking for? thanks

2. apc jeans -- i see they have 3 stores here. are they easy to find? thanks

3. visvims -- is it possible to get these in HK? please advise

4. headporter -- these too?

5. vans -- i can't find a vans store in HK from vans' website. but i reckon they should not be hard to find will they? are there any good streetwear stores that stock lots of vans that anyone can recommend me? im esp. looking for chukkas and marc jacobs old skools.

6. take five jeans store -- is it easy to find? thank you

if anyone could suggest more interesting places to visit, i'd be really happy. please take pity on me as this would be the only chance for me to get some nice stuff!!!

thanks

dear all,

im going to hk this weekend for a bigggg shopping trip. i want to buy some items that i can't get where i currently live, so i really need you guys' help as it will probably be a longish time until i have such a chance again (im trying to sound desperate as to get some help). plus, i don't really know my directoins around hk, so please help me!

1. nudie jeans -- from their website, i see that they are selling their jeans at 'SEIBU'. is this store easy to find? are there any other places that sell nudies in case SEIBU doesnt have what i'm looking for? thanks

5. vans -- i can't find a vans store in HK from vans' website. but i reckon they should not be hard to find will they? are there any good streetwear stores that stock lots of vans that anyone can recommend me? im esp. looking for chukkas and marc jacobs old skools.

if anyone could suggest more interesting places to visit, i'd be really happy. please take pity on me as this would be the only chance for me to get some nice stuff!!!

thanks

1.there is a SEIBU at Shatin, u can take a train there.

2.APC stores are located at TsimShaTsui Silvercord and CauseWay Bay Paterson street

3.IT stores in TST and CWB have Visvims..........go to 8Five2 if are looking for shoes only

4.Plenty of reseller shop in HongKong that sell HP....mostly TST and CWB

5.This jeans store is located at TST on the 2nd floor

Actually...just ask around...i am sure people will know where these shops are....

HAve FUn!!!

1.there is a SEIBU at Shatin, u can take a train there.

2.APC stores are located at TsimShaTsui Silvercord and CauseWay Bay Paterson street

3.IT stores in TST and CWB have Visvims..........go to 8Five2 if are looking for shoes only

4.Plenty of reseller shop in HongKong that sell HP....mostly TST and CWB

5.This jeans store is located at TST on the 2nd floor

Actually...just ask around...i am sure people will know where these shops are....

HAve FUn!!!

Lucky you. As for item no.1 on your list:

Seibu is located in the Pacific Place department store, 2nd floor. Just ask a cab driver to take you there.

Sorry my knowledge is limited but I aint from Hong Kong but hopefully others can help you out here. I'm also curious too.

Lucky you. As for item no.1 on your list:

Seibu is located in the Pacific Place department store, 2nd floor. Just ask a cab driver to take you there.

Sorry my knowledge is limited but I aint from Hong Kong but hopefully others can help you out here. I'm also curious too.

dear all,

thanks

1, don't go to shatin. take the mtr to admiralty. the seibu location there carries nudies. but if you're looking for selvege denim, you may be out of luck. they only carry the baggy bjorn and slim jim in raw. i think they were running low on sizes as well. i've seen some denim stores called bauhaus carry nudie, but not in raw form as well.

2. APC is easy to find. go to the one in tsim sha tsui. go to the silvercord center across from harbor city. they have a selection of rescues and new standards.

3. no idea but if you want kicks, go to nelson street in mongkok. there's store upon stores of shoes.

4. don't know

5.same for #3

6. take 5 is sorta easy to find. take the mtr to tsim sha tsui. use a map to find granville road. its only a 10 minute walk from the exit. there's a big blue sign for take5 and there's a bunch of other cool stores on granville.

there's a lot of cool shops in causeway bay. check the streets behind sogo. there's stores like reach, dusty, LOLL, etc. especially check out my boy's shop, 852. www.8five2.com.

dear all,

thanks

1, don't go to shatin. take the mtr to admiralty. the seibu location there carries nudies. but if you're looking for selvege denim, you may be out of luck. they only carry the baggy bjorn and slim jim in raw. i think they were running low on sizes as well. i've seen some denim stores called bauhaus carry nudie, but not in raw form as well.

2. APC is easy to find. go to the one in tsim sha tsui. go to the silvercord center across from harbor city. they have a selection of rescues and new standards.

3. no idea but if you want kicks, go to nelson street in mongkok. there's store upon stores of shoes.

4. don't know

5.same for #3

6. take 5 is sorta easy to find. take the mtr to tsim sha tsui. use a map to find granville road. its only a 10 minute walk from the exit. there's a big blue sign for take5 and there's a bunch of other cool stores on granville.

there's a lot of cool shops in causeway bay. check the streets behind sogo. there's stores like reach, dusty, LOLL, etc. especially check out my boy's shop, 852. www.8five2.com.

i think you meant "fa yuen street south" instead of "nelson street."

there are a lot of cheap clothes in fa yuen street north, including fake bape tees that look real.

can't wait to go to hk...just two more weeks

hey landy, do you happen to know where the levis and esprit outlets are in mk? or cwb or tst?

and do you know approximately how much tees/jeans cost in Chevignon stores? is it an expensive brand?

i've heard of someone mentioning about I.T., how are the prices?

no i mean nelson street. fa yuen street is the ladies market. but the streets parallel to fa yuen street has all the shoes. in fa yuen north, they don't really carry much fake bape stuff anymore. i think everyone knows that shits is soplayed.

there's an outlet mall in tung chung. pretty long ass way, but there's a levis, esprit, u2, giodano, adidas, lids, etc out store there. but the selection isn't that spectacular so it may not be worth the trip. i know for sure there's an esprit outlet in tsim sha tsui. it's on nathan road across from chungking mansion. chevignon costs about average retail. i didn't find anything particularly fancy about their stuff.

I.T. is a chain of stores that houses a collection of brands like zoo york, freshjive, carhartt, etc. they're like d-mop. pretty expensive.

and yeh argyle and beverly is all female stuff.

no i mean nelson street. fa yuen street is the ladies market. but the streets parallel to fa yuen street has all the shoes. in fa yuen north, they don't really carry much fake bape stuff anymore. i think everyone knows that shits is soplayed.

there's an outlet mall in tung chung. pretty long ass way, but there's a levis, esprit, u2, giodano, adidas, lids, etc out store there. but the selection isn't that spectacular so it may not be worth the trip. i know for sure there's an esprit outlet in tsim sha tsui. it's on nathan road across from chungking mansion. chevignon costs about average retail. i didn't find anything particularly fancy about their stuff.

I.T. is a chain of stores that houses a collection of brands like zoo york, freshjive, carhartt, etc. they're like d-mop. pretty expensive.

and yeh argyle and beverly is all female stuff.

thanks.

but i'm pretty sure fa yuen street is not ladies market. ladies market is on tung choi street. and then the street that parallels the ladies market is fa yuen street south, where all the shoes are. and then sai yueng choi street would be to the left of ladies market.

Island Beverly is pure girl cheap stuff, I've been to every floor there. Just go to the Patterson St which is nearby, if my memory doesn't fail me, one of the coolest shopping block I've been to.

and have you actually been to argyle centre/island beverlery and can confirm most are female stuff?

coz i would not put those places on my shopping list...thx =)

i've been to both places. in the early 2000s beverly used to have interesting stuff, but now there's nothin of interest there. argyle is ridiculosly female. its like 5 floors of accessories and girl clothes. avoid like the plague.

Asides from all the shopping and eating in Hong Kong, can anyone be so kind as to recommend any good dance clubs? Anything from hip hop to house to wherever I can see a good mix of locals and expats mingling and dancing would be greatly appreciated.

i don't know about house, but all the hiphop clubs in hong kong play the same trash. expect an extended playlist of black eyed peas, pussycat dolls, beyonce, vanilla ice, etc. and all the clubs are packed to the gills. the major clubs in hong kong are hei hei, mooch, edge, and tribeca. the major snooty ones are dragon-i, volar.

honestly, they're all the same. just go down to lan kwai fung and wander around. i know some friends of mine throw stuff at paparrazzi on fridays, but i don't know if they still do.

ha, that music list made me lol. I checked out lan kwai fung one Sat or Fri night I think. Basically it's still the Western people, expats who make the place fun. The local girls tend to just sit in a corner and not look around.

for causeway bay, is there anything cool to look at near the lee gardens area?

how about world trade centre and excelsior plaza?

and what do they have at jardines bazar/jardines cresent?

still havent finished planning my shopping routes for cwb =)

btw is there a place where those thick plastic eyeglasses are sold? (cheap of course)

for causeway bay, is there anything cool to look at near the lee gardens area?

how about world trade centre and excelsior plaza?

and what do they have at jardines bazar/jardines cresent?

still havent finished planning my shopping routes for cwb =)

btw is there a place where those thick plastic eyeglasses are sold? (cheap of course)

lee gardens has luxury goods and high end label stuff... tod's, dkny, chanel, gucci, lv, dior, etc.

nothin in world trade centre.

i have no idea about jardine bazar or excelsior.

there's a batch of cool stores in cwb behind sogo. LOLL, 8five2, etc. check out yamane in the elizabeth house too.

try temple street for cheap glasses. just remember you get what you paid for.

thx a lot, but are there places in cwb for cheaper clothing? or any non-brand but still stylish clothes?

i know mk has lots of them, but i was wondering about cwb.

btw i dont think i will spend time going to 8five2, juice, and those high-class stores.

i also know there are those import clothing stores in wan chai along the tram route. will check those out too.

any recommendation for cheap stuff in TST besides granville road?

i'm also planning to get a w800i from sin tat arcade in mk. i heard those are sold for around $1500 hkd.

• 2 weeks later...

^ your best bet would be to scoop up a bcmagazine while there or check out www.bcmagazine.net to find out what's going on in the city. there's always a famous DJ popping by. most clubs there will play your variety of hip pop and pop tart tunes.

all of HK is an outlet store.

electronics are cheaper there. just make sure its reputable and keep in mind you're going to lose out on the warranty. but you can often find the latest shit in HK. i also found the prices to be cheaper than japan.

just arrived in hk yesterday.

been to cwb....patterson street (basically the whole fashion walk) was quite disappointing.

didn't bother going to island beverlery or causeway place.

esprit in world trade centre was kinda expensive.

there are several shops that was worth looking behind sogo for cheaper clothing.

stuff at baleno and giordano kinda disappointing, bossini is not bad.

lee garden road also has some good shops.

only thing i hate is being followed in stores.

guess i will find better deals in tst and mk.

i was wondering if rise commerical builiding on granville road in TST has trendy men clothing? or is it one of those girl malls like argyle centre/island beverley?

what about hollywood plaza in mk?