WAYWT destroyed my life (2013)

cheapmuthafukr

trying to take on the advice, maybe the shoes were too bulky so I changed them out..
also swapped out the pants

jacket too bulky for how slim pants are
more interesting tops might be in order. Smthng with shit goin' on around the neck like RO wrap/scarf shirt or something (since that parka's collar is so spread?
and i also just think that c/w of geobaskets looks pretty bad.

and then yah just take pictures head on, rotate your shit so its straight, and don't do any funny poses/movement shots

Edited by sundance

trying to take on the advice, maybe the shoes were too bulky so I changed them out..

also swapped out the pants

if u take pics like that theres gonna be a distortion.  It might be flattering sometimes but since your outfit is top-heavy it looks strange.  You could just set a timer on your camera and stand still idk.   

Top block is looking good this time but for the bottom I really feel like you should do something baggy/regular fit not slim (like a baggy cargo & u can pinchroll it or some RO drop-crotches) check out Appleseed's silhouettes.  He does this shit well.  Then your shoes will look less out of place as well.

says the guy with almost a million rep's posting just for the sake of getting rep's..

man i feel bad for you

i'll give you a hint

tumblr_lutvsfCmCo1qgvi7no1_500.jpg

now.. you have all the clothes and they all fit pretty similar!

so what went wrong sundance-kun?

Edited by bryanayrb

that's made it even harder..

I am basically wearing exactly that and as you say it almost fits the Same.

Honestly I don't get what your getting at

Btw are those Memphis jeans

its not the clothes.......its you

all those $$$ can't save you

that's made it even harder..

I am basically wearing exactly that and as you say it almost fits the Same.

Honestly I don't get what your getting at

Btw are those Memphis jeans

Not everyone can wear designers like Rick Owens well.  The most important thing is fit.  I have to buy a lot of things online, as they are just not available locally.  I return a lot of those things because they do not look good on me.  If you are going to spend big dollars on clothing, the best thing you can do is take an honest accounting of whether that clothing is flattering on you or not.  For example, if you don't have a body that works for skinny jeans, don't wear skinny jeans - even if you love skinny jeans.  Even though Rick is amazing, not everything is going to look good on everyone. Stick with pieces that work for your body.

It can be a struggle for people who don't have ideal body shapes or have trouble putting outfits together.  I, myself, struggle quite a bit.  I have a good torso and most things look good on my upper body.  However, my lower body is the opposite. I have very wide hips and it makes it extremely difficult to find pants that look good on me at all.  I hate shopping for pants. Each person has their areas that aren't ideal - you just need to be aware of them.

On your photos, it's a little tough to tell since the pictures aren't great.  The coat just looks way too puffy for the outfit.  It might have looked good on that model, but it doesn't work for you, at least not with the rest of that outfit.  Remember, the model picture is of the ideal, not the norm.  Most people don't have model bodies.

I can't tell from the picture if those are cargo pants or if you just have a lot of folded fabric.  If it's that the inseam is too long and the pants are just stacking from excess fabric, you need to get the pants hemmed.  Having all those extra folds of fabric can give the illusion of having shorter legs.  You might try a straight leg, relaxed fit jean to see if that mitigates the puffiness of the jacket some.  I'm not sure, I don't wear that style of coat.

For the pictures, you might try lowering the camera to you upper chest area or somewhere similar.  That will allow you to have less of a sharp angle in the picture and we'll be able to see the clothes on you better.  If you're using a camera phone, make sure you have good lighting.  Do you have a normal camera you can use?

Edited by marti-mar