WAYWT destroyed my life (2013)

cheapmuthafukr

1993, u got the physique/the basic look down 4 a perfect industry standard lad fit (everything appears 2 fit the way lad intends), as which you r aspiring 2 i assume.   not 2 mention the way you wear yr glasses.

my only gripe is the play purcells.  no lad sa or lad fan in japland would rock them. 

Why is Lad getting so much hype on this board suddenly?

Its been around for ages and has more or less the same aesthetic.

I used to rock a number of lad pieces back in 2005-2007. Not much anymore.

Favorite lad collections where SS 2007 Prayer and SS 2009 DJ.

The color-blocking sportswear for SS 2009 DJ was pretty good.

But it kinda will always be the bastard child of Dior Homme and it isn't really revelent in the Tokyo fashion scene anymore.

Christian Dada/DressedUndressed are basically the harder/more goth versions of Lad which is preferrable with kids these days.

Edited by djrajio

Favorite lad collections where SS 2007 Prayer and SS 2009 DJ.

But it kinda will always be the bastard child of Dior Homme and it isn't really revelent in the Tokyo fashion scene anymore.

Christian Dada/DressedUndressed are basically the harder/more goth versions of Lad which is preferrable with kids these days.

1993 is the only real person i see posting lad

My interest in Lad has been for 2 years now, it wasn't until mid-2013 that I decided to wear it though.

2007 Prayer and 2009 DJ were so so great.

I don't really care in terms of being a "bastard child" of Dior Homme or that it's even "relevant" anymore personally.

I've found that the clothing really resonates with me in terms of fit to my body type. A lot of Christian Dada/DressedUndressed is meh to me, like you said it's preferable with kids these days; which I don't really mind but I'll stick to what I enjoy.

EDIT: In terms of this board, I don't think that anyone here dresses in Lad to the extent I do. If you mean the rep it's getting, I think that it's because people think it looks alright together. (As is why people rep fits in the first place) No one really sees anyone dressing in all/most Lad nowadays anyway so that's probably why as well.

ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹

Its been around for ages

it isn't really revelent in the Tokyo fashion scene anymore.

Saying a brand is no longer relevant is just code for "people won't think I'm cool for wearing it anymore." Don't be so tryhard.

Fashionable tokyo chicks don't approve of Lad style. But that's part of why wearing out-of-favour styles makes you legitimate: you have a genuine interest and aren't just in it for public opinion.

Plus why do you think the rest of the world needs to care what people in Tokyo think?

Saying a brand is no longer relevant is just code for "people won't think I'm cool for wearing it anymore." Don't be so tryhard.

Fashionable tokyo chicks don't approve of Lad style. But that's part of why wearing out-of-favour styles makes you legitimate: you have a genuine interest and aren't just in it for public opinion.

Plus why do you think the rest of the world needs to care what people in Tokyo think?

Huh?

I wasn't dissing his style dumb fuck.

I just thought it was interesting that kids are getting into Lad these days.

I was into Lad and still wear a few pieces now and then.

1993 can wear whatever he wants to wear.

Regarding why the rest of the world needs to care what people in Tokyo think, its because Tokyo kids are cool.

I don't think the same could be said about kids in bum-fucking Brisbrane.

Huh?

Regarding why the rest of the world needs to care what people in Tokyo think, its because Tokyo kids are cool.

I got this from your post too, djrajio. No harm intended.

Tokyo kids are cool, and they wear awesome stuff; of course I pick up some inspiration but still stay true to what I enjoy on myself.

Of course I'm not strictly Lad for the most part, I still own pieces from other places! But the "Lad-like Aesthetic" with simple styling and detailing is my thing.

Edited by 1 9 9 3

Huh?

Yes you were. And you're still sounding like a tryhard.

PS: last time I was in Tokyo i banged an editor from HUGE, made friends/met up with stylists and editors from HUGE and Grind, Modelled for Grind and was contacted to model for Brutus and Non-No (couldn't cause I was only there for two weeks). Still get contacted from stylists asking if I'm in Tokyo, plus one HUGE editor recently contacted me for info to write a feature on Australian fashion.

I guess you could say some tokyo kids think this bum-fuck Brisbaner is at least somewhat cool?

PPS: hate to try and show off but it's the only sort of thing I guess you understand.

Edited by okonomi

PS: last time I was in Tokyo i banged an editor from HUGE, made friends/met up with stylists and editors from HUGE and Grind, Modelled for Grind and was contacted to model for Brutus and Non-No (couldn't cause I was only there for two weeks). Still get contacted from stylists asking if I'm in Tokyo, plus one HUGE editor recently contacted me for info to write a feature on Australian fashion.

I guess you could say some tokyo kids think this bum-fuck Brisbaner is at least somewhat cool?

PPS: hate to try and show off but it's the only sort of thing I guess you understand.

when was this?  i mean how long ago? still get contacted from stylists askin if u in tokyo?? WOW  i guess u must still be relevant.

givin you benefit of the doubt (assumin what u said was tru) it's not that they think or thought you're "cool" at all.  u just probably have marketable looks/physique.  

no h8te, but reading yr post was just awkward.  you actually soundin like a"tryhard" here....

thing is, is that u  talk a big game, but in reality the guy u callin out's game bigger.  yr braggard post sorta reeks of classic my-japland complex...

Favorite lad collections where SS 2007 Prayer and SS 2009 DJ.

But it kinda will always be the bastard child of Dior Homme and it isn't really revelent in the Tokyo fashion scene anymore.

imo it's not getting too much hype on the board.  like someone said it's basically just 1993.  probably also due to their ma-1s posted in that thread/etc.

i assume when you say that lad isn't really relevant, you mean that it does not sell as it once did years ago & that the label isn't getting as much shine.