Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

I had been thinking of experimenting with some different washes for fun, anyone else have that idea or plan something similar?

Well I have quite a collection of tea.  Not sure if you have ever spilled tea on your clothes but sometimes it changes the color of the material, or in the case, the denim.  It would be simular to putting a subtle color cast on it.  It's nothing that I've tried personally, but this isn't something new that I just came up with on my own.  From what I know, people have been doing this for some time.  I'm only a few weeks intio wearing my jeans and have barely any wear yet.  I've got plenty of time to debate on doing a tea soak, mud wash, sea wash, or anything else.

Ok, call me a snob, but I'm not too fond of these things.. I personally don't like to get extra dirt, seawater or other stuff that may reek strange on my jeans. An old fashioned hand or machinewash is all I need. But maybe you can change my mind, that's what a contest is for - seeing different approaches and results.

Yeah I was thinking of some tea or something, but more likely to be a Sea soak with a salt and detergent hand wash.  Why not go big :D

cool updates everyone! 

i'm going to be honest, i haven't worn my pair in a while. maybe just a couple times to work and few biking rides in the past month and a half. its just too hot for me...or maybe i'm a wussy. for me its comfort over fades. after summer is over though, its back on full time.

I figured it wont cool down where I live any time soon. It is pretty uncomfortable but I might as well suck it up or I wont be able to wear my jeans almost 5-7 months out of the year.

Edited by FLDenim211

it would be beautiful, I would love for my jeans to smell like some of the teas i drink.....yum