Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Received my cap today....outstanding quality and fit. A bit heavy to wear now with temps near 90° and high humidity.

It served as a great reminder that I haven't been nearly as active as I'd like. I've had a full plate with work and other stuff...I'm still wearing my jeans, and have some plans for them in store over the next few weeks.(involving waves, sand, and Lake Huron... :) )

Cross post from the pics only thread.  :)

Checking in now that the hat has completed my full Heavy HW comp uniform.

HC-IH-06/HWB-88

n4bn.jpg

Mega Beatle Buster sz 35

HWDC Ebbets Field Cap

HWDC 1.75" New Market Bridle belt

HWDC tshirt

HWB - Viberg 1950 Service Boot

Most dedication I can muster today..

una6ajy7.jpg

Ebbets Tokyo Giants Hat (although me and Tommy like to think the TG stands for Tommy and Gav)

HWBC Shirt

MBB's

Whites BH

Got my cap.  It's going to be hot but who cares, I love it.

Thanks whoever set it up.  I don't even remember any more.

Edited by drumad

I took photos today to try and post some progress shots, instead all the shots were super washed out from the sunlight so I have to try tomorrow.

Edited by FLDenim211

I received my patch replacement by Samurai. Outstanding service: they reprinted a limited edition patch with my serial number and size. I might do a super hot wash on my jeans when their time has come, as I won't have to worry about it ripping.

(will post pics soon).

Edited by Max Power

Major Announcement

As you are aware the intention for HWDC2 was to be supported with its own website, for one reason and another (mainly that the people building the site stopped talking to me) this did not happen.......until now.

My good friend Snowy from the Iron Heart forum has built for us, with his own skills, and time and from the goodness in his heart, a fantastic photo upload website at the following address....

http://hwdc2.com/

Please carefully follow the instructions when uploading a picture and your contest number, and forum name should appear on the main site after 1 minute. The site draws information from a copy of my database, if any of this is out of date, so will your information be also.

Please raise any questions or concerns in the forum thread rather than by PM, and Snowy or myself will do our best to address them.

Have a play around with the site, and please do remember to read the instructions carefully !

I would venture to say update maintain the HWDC website pics and post on this site for fun and sharing.  That is my view on it, but then again I am but a newbie.

Edited by FLDenim211

Saintkeat - I believe it is expected that you upload all pics etc to Iron Heart Forum, Style Forum, SUFU HWDC2 Competition thread, HWDC2 pics only thread and the website.  Anything less is a failure resulting in a swift and unceremonious exit from the competition!!

All kidding aside - great to have a website.

I am tempted to remove the patch on mine so it wouldn't fry in a hot wash as well. The pain of stitching the patch back on again after 2 years it not inviting though.

Good to hear Samurai worked out your problem for you.

Here's the picture:

toqb.jpg

Thanks again Keat for pointing me in that direction.

^^I can figure what your mum would have to say to you. (As a kid I went playing in the swamp/moor and looked similar - she used the garden hose to get me clean.)

Edited by Max Power

HC-SF-59  -  Red Cloud R400

Here is a quick update on my Red Clouds - I had been waiting for some sunny weather to take a few photos but we have been recently blessed with many rainy & overcast days so decided to take a few shots anyway. Am loving the texture of these jeans, the more I wear them, the more interesting they are getting....

1/ Full Front - (with heavyweight belt)
2/ Full Back - (with heavyweight belt)

3/ Whiskers - no crotch blow-out yet!
4/ Back pocket & Tab - wallet fades are starting to show through
5/ Roping - I initially wore these with jadals/thongs/flip flops and wore down the backs of the legs a little.
6/ Patch - smudged the stamp when I applied some leather conditioner.
7/ Pockets - I never realised that they were indigo dyed until I took a photo today and saw the fading - cool!

4alj.jpg
quwe.jpg

I would venture to say update maintain the HWDC website pics and post on this site for fun and sharing.  That is my view on it, but then again I am but a newbie.

The web site works as a side ways scrolling "evo bar", which will be a great way for people to see their jeans evolve over time with a quick scroll.

It is there for people to use, and I think it is awesome, but where and how people contribute is up to them. The more you give, the more you will get out of the comp, that doesn't change.

The website is just a very useful visual tool for contestants.

Just uploaded my first pic to the website (first day wears), which rules...will get some evo pics up soon. Great stuff Mega and Snowy!

Just out of curiosity.  Where are the recipients of the HWDC2 Caps located? I'm wondering when I should expect mine to arrive, which will then tell me when I should start bad mouthing Canada Customs.

I live in Brooklyn and received my cap on Tuesday. Whenever it arrives, it will be worth the wait. I was just asked about it at the coffee shop this morning.

Mega, I'm rolling the IHxB01xRAW for the contest. My thighs did not appreciate the attention they were receiving from the 666. Those are now in the capable hands of a friend.

Roger that J Dawg, just use the correct info when you post pics, I no longer have access to the database as it is hooked up to the website.