Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

can i still enter with my elephant 2's.... I have worn them for a weak so far tho...

Check out the first post in the thread, everything you need to know is there.

Apologies if that sounds harsh, but I am literally spending hours every week answering questions that I have already posted the answer to, and my wife is getting pissed off with me being glued to my laptop or phone.

Read the thread people, read the thread.

HWDC Bridle Leather Belts

The belts are going to happen, I am having a conversation the weekend with Crispin to discuss leather and buckle options, and I will announce the terms, price and pre-order next week. There are a number of options of leather, of which Bridle Leather is the best leather, and therefore the most expensive (natural untreated leather and Italian shoulder leather are the other options), and also a number of buckle options (I'm thinking a silver coloured buckle to match the hardware on the MBB's).

Any questions you want to ask about the belts, fire away

Maximum of $120 shipped anywhere in the world I suspect, and I am aiming for lower than that. I'm honestly working my arse off to find us the best belt, at the lowest cost, the HWDC merchandise ( like the tees ) has to be an accessible price for everyone.

HWDC belt, current thinking is that it will be specced and priced as follows....

- Choice of black, brown or tan finest quality English Bridle Leather.

- Brass and Masac buckle (Masac is a die cast alloy) with a brushed silver finish, matching the hardware on the MBB's.

- Hand cut and hand made in London.

- Retail price $100 for HWDC contestants, $120 for none contestants.

- Price includes world wide shipping.

Let me know if you want to order, need at least 50 orders.

For a silver finish on the buckle the choice is either nickel plate or brass and Masac. As someone who works with nickel plating, to military specifications, trust me when I say that brass and Masac is the way forward.

I should get leather and buckle samples next week, I'll set up the the pre-order payment then. I wouldn't expect people to hand money over before seeing the wares.

I should get leather and buckle samples next week, I'll set up the the pre-order payment then. I wouldn't expect people to hand money over before seeing the wares.

It says a lot about this HWDC! :D

Belt is intriguing!!

Tron - I know you are working on it and will update once you get more info...but what is the width you are looking at? Will wait for your next update and I'm sure my query will be answered. Once again, you and Beatle are doing a fantastic job on this!!

Boxer briefs that you don't wash for a couple of months so you get good fades???? Worn daily?

And do you hem them or cuff them? Or just let them stack?

Edited by JHC76

I'd buy some super heavyweight loopwheeled boxer briefs with a custom heavy leather contest patch..

Leave it with me, sourcing suppliers right now.

Going to be sorting out which options are available hopefully this evening, then we can roll with pre order.

Honestly I have no idea how heavy duty bridle leather is, as I have personally not handled it yet. I am told by people who know, that it is just about as strong as you can get for a leather, as it is used to make high quality horse bridles. I think it sounds like exactly the kind of leather that I want supporting my 25oz monsters.

Also, I like the brass/ masak option because brass is about as tough a metal as you can get (church bells, cymbals), and the masak (zinc and aluminium alloy) gives it a silver colour, and makes it more pliable, as brass does not bend well. Perfect combo for a belt buckle.

Edited by Megatron1505