Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

WTF...I think I would have fit that XL shirt when I was in the 8th grade. Not even like I have a beer gut, just a normal sized chest. I'm guessing that there isn't much chance of getting a XXL in the line-up? Like one that would fit 48-50" chest?

There is an option to order a XXL on the pull down menu on the order page. A XXL will fit a size 48-50 chest.

If anyone needs bigger than a XXL JUSTPM me and a I'll hook you up.

These should not shrink much at all as long as you don't wash and dry them in hot water.

They are NOT loop-wheeled or ring spun cotton. It's the same style shirt the last HWDC

shirts were printed on.

Anymore questions please ask and I'll reply here ASAP.

To hem or not to hem...can anyone remind me of the inside leg of the MBBs (size 36) and the likely shrinkage? I can't decide whether to get them hemmed...decisions, decisions!

The Official

Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015

T-shirts

are now ready for PRE-Order

You will be able to order shirts until February 22nd 2013.

All orders will ship by February 28th 2013.

DEnim-Popeye-hwdc-SF_IHF.png

you can access the sale page at www.jimmycrow.com by clicking here as well

DEnim-Popeye-jimmycrow_zps60cb570d.png

Official HWDC belt, hand made from finest English Bridle leather in London with a chunky brass buckle. Interested?

Bridle Leather

Bridle Leather refers to the way that a piece of leather (cow hide) is finished at the tannery. Bridle leather has both the Flesh and Grain side of the leather stuffed with greases and finised with wax. This is generally a labour intensive process, thus expensive! Only the best grades of leather are treated like this, it would be uneconomic to treat poor quality leather in this way.

The purpose of bridle leather is threefold;

• Its expected to look good. That is, it must have good depth of colour and be attractive to look at, it must age well and it must not have natural imperfections that weaken the leather.

• It is expected to be smoth, comfortable and flexible to handle. It is designed for use in bridles, so must be comfortable for a horse to wear next to the skin. Therefore the treatment of the flesh side is as important as the grain side as the flesh side is typically worn next to the horses skin and must be smooth.

• It is epected to be both strong and durable. The riders life literally depends on bridle leather not failing unexpectedly. Its is subjected to quite high loads, and must tolerate this time after time.An item of saddlery is typically expected to last for 10 or more years of use, so not only must the leather be strong, but it must survive poor weather, dirt, everything being in contact a horse throws at it for many years.

All in all, bridle leather is pretty amazing stuff. We use it as it is simply the best leather available for our purposes. It is pleasant to work with and produces a beautiful product. Once it leaves us we know that it will mature well for our customers and become a trusted old favorite, becoming both more beautiful, characterful and tactile as it ages. There arent many products produced now that get better with age, but good bridle leather is certainly one of them.

Edited by Megatron1505

Just checking interest at the moment, but the maker would be Crispin Bending of Camden Lock.

Edited by Megatron1505

It would be totally awesome to have a choice of colors for the contest shirts. The only problem is

that for every color shirt you have to do a different set of separations and completely reset the press

for every shirt color change. This would make a job of 50 shirts into several smaller jobs and double or triple

the setup cost and make the shirts even more expensive to produce.

I made the mistake of just eating the cost of the 3 different setups last time. This became even more costly problem

when I kept running out of certain sizes, or having to reset an entire job and reprint 1 shirt because someone

would claim theirs was lost in the mail. That's about $200 in film and screen cost not to mention the time it takes

to re-set the press to print just one or 2 shirts. So I went ahead and printed a bunch of extras in every color and size

(which turns out to almost a hundred shirts) which are still sitting on my shelfs in the print warehouse waiting for someone

to order them.

You can still get one here if you want... http://www.jimmycrow.com/DoubleXX/indexdxx.php

That's not going to happen this time. Shirts will be pre-ordered,

printed on just NATURAL COLOR SHIRTS and after they are sent out the design will not be printed again.

So be sure and get your order in quick!

:)

Definitely interested. Even more so if the belts come with a kick-ass HWDC2 buckle, but I will absolutely buy one regardless.

Also, on another note, if you're like me and want to change your mega buster preorder size, don't worry about it yet. I just got an email back from Giles saying that they haven't published final sizing yet, and not to worry about changing sizes until then.

Edited by skurlandski