Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

has anyone got a 2 inch belt with fit pics. i have only had 1.5 in the past and 2 seems big?

Not a fit pic, but this is how it looks on jawns. I was nervous about the 2 inch, but it does fit through the belt loops without much of a problem.

IMG_0457_zps46972275.jpg

That's exactly what I've got here, I love it ^

Account problems Louis? 

Also feeling a 2" double prong for my second belt, London Tan is calling me this time I think.

Edited by skurlandski

After two weeks of -10 degree mornings and + 4 days the 21+ degrees we have today feel like 100. Some seriously sweaty legs in the MBB's. don't know how you guys in the tropics are doing it.

We're are doing fine. No sweat.

Challenge One 

Our rubbish movie challenge attempt. It was too much to resist having Megatron dress as Optimus Prime.

2esahuqe.jpg

Transformer_wallpapers_168_zpsdd466498.j

Edited by Megatron1505

i should really post some updates soon..

but the iron hearts really are stubborn

Edited by Do7

Cross Post from WAYWT....

bepa6a4a.jpg

adyrage9.jpg

Ebbets

Dita

Trophy

Iron Heart

Whites

Accidental neg rep. Can someone change this? Fit is great mega!!! I have fat fingers that can't manage pressing pos over neg on the iPhone.

Haven't posted in a bit...me (hc-sf-06) and Fireburner (hc-sf-123) in Cleveland, OH at the baseball game. I am from Philly and a Phillies fan....they got creamed 14-2 by a bunch of homeruns.

100_2997_zps9e88c91d.jpg

Edited by JHC76

All this Belt Talk. 

Here's the Belt/Project I've picked up to wear with my MBB for the next two years..

My (New) WW2 Swedish Army Pistol Belt.

tumblr_ml27ihMk5q1r1e2pgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml27ihMk5q1r1e2pgo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml27ihMk5q1r1e2pgo3_1280.jpg

Have given it a scrub and a single coat of wax but think it needs a good once over with saddle soap.

The Green oxidation is all the way through the prong and might need some effort too.

Cheers

It must be around 70 yrs old. Hoping that it'll last a good few years more once I've tidied it up a little.

Thanks

Edited by UkeNo

Finally updating again, after a few busy weeks. My Red Cloud R400S 21oz. suffered a lot, frequent bar visits, rainshowers and a full day of torment at the Canton Fair in Guangzhou where a rather unsuccessful day of booth-hopping (a good 50 in total) gave me a sweaty crown jewel area and frustrations when representatives don't know what a shuttle loom is... HC-SF-100 reporting back for duty!

IYBvHh3h.jpgOIKmDs1h.jpgWeexlKwh.jpg

No 2" (yet)...but here are my two belts. London Tan, and Russet:

How much stretch have you gotten out of the Russet? My London Tan Bridle is a 32, which is a very comfortable middle hole fit. Honestly, if I wanted to stretch it out, I could easily wear it at the second most inner holes. I'm torn between ordering a 31 and a 30 in Russet.

MtHvyVi.jpg

1 Month Update!

Really nice weather here in Toronto the past week. Got to do some work in the yard, and wash my car too! All while burning up in my ONI's. I don't know how you guys do it in the tropics...

ladies and gents, i´m back in the game...

the MBB´s just landed after a 3week trip from germany to the uk (www.thedenimdoctor.co.uk) and back...

at first i was concerned the hem and taper job wouldn´t be the way to go for me (never tapered a pair of jeans in life) but tbh. i was fucking wrong. best decision i´ve made for this pair...got´em tapered by an inch (9.4" to 8.4") and they´re perfect now.

pics by tomorrow ;)

How much stretch have you gotten out of the Russet? My London Tan Bridle is a 32, which is a very comfortable middle hole fit. Honestly, if I wanted to stretch it out, I could easily wear it at the second most inner holes. I'm torn between ordering a 31 and a 30 in Russet.

The Russet is stretchier, but not bad, I haven't had to switch holes or anything. My jeans fit well enought that I don't really have to cinch the belt tight, just snug. I imagine the 2" will be even less prone to stretching. I frequently use my belts to support a bit of extra weight, the few times I've used the russet in this manner hasn't hurt it.

Got my 710s back from the tailor, hemmed and tapered. Tailoring work was pretty poor. Was told they would be taken in on the inseam, but they're actually on the outseam/selvedge edge. The stitching also come out half way up on my thigh on one side...-.-. Hem stitching isn't even straight...Oh well, lesson learned. Overall though, I'm happy with how they turned out. 37" inseam was too long on my 5'7" body lol. Fits better tapered as well. I can fix the stitching myself, so all good.

Thanks Highvoltage, I think I'll go with the 31. Also getting an extra dark stain bridle, both 1.75" After seeing the quality of the first belt I got, I knew these would be the only belts for me from now on, so I might as well stock up.

Got my 710s back from the tailor, hemmed and tapered. Tailoring work was pretty poor. Was told they would be taken in on the inseam, but they're actually on the outseam/selvedge edge. The stitching also come out half way up on my thigh on one side...-.-. Hem stitching isn't even straight...Oh well, lesson learned. Overall though, I'm happy with how they turned out. 37" inseam was too long on my 5'7" body lol. Fits better tapered as well. I can fix the stitching myself, so all good.

That's rough man. I have a girl in town that does all the work on my jeans and an excellent job at that. Finding a good tailor is huge. Hopefully the fix on the stitching is easy enough.