Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Thoughts for next time mega, sponsors and/or people making stuff to sell should be active on the forums like jimmy c? I have dealt with both jimmy c and Vincent and jimmy is far better to contact and deal with as he is on the forum.

I take people at face value Todd, if someone does not give me a reason not to trust them, then I will trust them. However, once they give me a reason not to trust them, then I will never trust them again.

Sorry to hear about all this, Mega....I know how much you've put into getting this comp going, and keeping it together. I really hope this is resolved for the best. It just sucks when someone decides to hurl a wrench into the gears you've managed to get spinning.

Still though, there is way more positive than negative going on, everyone is enjoying their new jeans, so take some satisfaction in that!

how on earth did you fray Kevlar, what can you even do to prevent that from happening again?

DSC03463_zps839aca95.jpg

I like the pattern that evolved (pic was taken before I had to do another soak yesterday, as the waist stretched above 36" :( ). But they fade way slower than my 710s and I start to regret not getting those. But that's just because I wore my old pair last weekend and realized that I deeply love their cut. I hope I can commit to those for such long time, right now I don't "feel" the cut.

Edited by Max Power

Max, it usually takes me a good 2 or 3 months with some jeans before I love them. I actually really dislike new jeans, when they start to feel like an old pair of sweat pants is when my love for them develops.

^well then just eat yourself into them ;)

no seriously...imo this cut is perfect for you (even if the 710 cut is a tad greater), still i really like the way you rock those. and stop bitching about the "slow" evo lad, i´m sure the indigo will literally just fly off of those, like on all your other pairs, so don´t worry ;)

how on earth did you fray Kevlar, what can you even do to prevent that from happening again?

Don't know.. They were really tight in the beginning so I've stretched them a lot.

The manufacture will send me 5 meter of kevlar thread so I can just sew them on myself. :)

The thread is the same that is used on air bags.

Strange how the buttons are sewed on and not tacked on. The rest of the buttons will slowly find its way off if you're not careful.

The guy who made these just said that he likes sewed buttons and that's why. I like it too, just hope that the will stay on! :)

I know I said I'd post a pic of the shirt a while back, and I don't want to rub people's noses in it, but I do enjoy the shirt... o27o3St.jpg I've been wearing the jeans every day since they arrived, including riding a bike almost 20 miles around trip to campus a couple of times each week. Oni holds it's indigo quite well.

Here are some evo-pictures of my Naked and Famous 32 oz jeans. I have about a month and a half of wear into them and there is already some good fading happening. Whiskers are coming along, as is the stacks and interesting fades happening at the back with the wallet and below the back pockets. Just before this picture was taken I was busting bush and marsh, so I got a lot of crud on my jeans there, like cattail fluff.

8697027915_70fb4bd37b_c_d.jpg

8698151904_0816df9f36_c_d.jpg8698151138_9c931e56bf_c_d.jpg

1 month into the contest, 2 months of wear.

Back:

8697041329_b56b046769_c.jpg

Really interesting horizontal line patterns developing on the back of the thigh (haven't seen this before):

8697041277_3fc131cd5c_c.jpg

Other interesting fades below the pocket:

8697041231_b9d1aa629f_c.jpg

Combs:

8698162908_89e8e520b7_c.jpg

Hem:

8697040971_cc3d7ba653_c.jpg

Front:

8698163016_8b306ec16f_c.jpg

Lap:

8697041191_82a6bab6a3_c.jpg

Sorry for the lack of posting in the last couple weeks.  Have still been wearing everyday and keeping up with the thread, just not much interesting to report yet.  I have been wearing them quite hard (skiing, hiking, a little extra running for transportation, etc, with them), so I'm expecting them to keep breaking in nicely!

Edited by cander49