Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up going for your leg opening and how far up did you get the taper started? I was going to go with rail car fine goods to do mine.

Also goes without saying, pics when you get them!

well i´ve asked for:

- hem to 82cm with original chainstitch hem

- 1" taper from knee down (starting at 32cm below crotch)

- spread selvage outseam for taper (not wanted the thigh or rise to change when tapering on the inseam!)

so the hem (post taper) should be around 8.4" and o/course i´ll post pics as soon as i´ve received them...

^two, if you count the amnesty wear ;)

neg for being a smart ass! ;)

Really no need to worry about it.

Unless you've machine washed all the excess indigo out there will be plenty to spare if they get wet.

If there's that much bleed still id soak and remove a little of the excess.

If they're getting drenched or soaked through due to rain or a misdirected bucket of water etc then just bite the bullet and soak/wash them anyway.

Don't worry to much. Just wear them to death.

Ps. I take it your not doing the mud challenge?!?

Cheers

How do all of you feel about rain and general water contact in general and then early on in your jeans life, i have an ocd of not letting them get wet too early on so they don't bleed everywhere

Edited by UkeNo

It rains. Jeans get wet. You're over thinking it.

And I've found that jeans bleed no matter what. It's why I'm avoiding suede and keeping the Magic Eraser and Jason Markks on hand.

How do all of you feel about rain and general water contact in general and then early on in your jeans life, i have an ocd of not letting them get wet too early on so they don't bleed everywhere

IMHO, the people that get the best fades are usually just the people that don't care about minor details and just wear them. Wear them hard and they're going to fade a lot. Don't wear them out of avoidance of rain, etc, and they won't fade as much.

Edited by cander49

^you will get some great inspiration from the Sam's in the contest (raising the Samurai flag for a second...) My inspiration are these 510 19 oz, same denim, loose cut like mine and totally adorable:

022.jpg

023.jpg

Credits to Wasabi!

However, looking back at my 710 evo, I notice that a looser cut fades way slower.

S5000AI

8680292935_2544e75090.jpg

8681405670_60f4dec242.jpg

Pics by EBreezy

Went out to the park this weeked to get some pics. Will upload a few more when I get home from work. Still working on a plan for the first challenge. I have a couple ideas it's just a matter of nailing down what one is best.

Great fit Skur - did you go tts or up one?

For the contestants - I have received some criticism for posting links to photos as opposed to the photos themselves. In once instance I received negative rep. I have been trying something new and more convenient (posting using my iphone). So my question to everyone in the contest...would you prefer I post the photos directly as opposed to from my iphone? Please feel free to PM me if you do not want to clog up this thread with your response.

well my main concern with the rain is that I don't want jean blood all over my socks and shoes or white shirts

Edited by FLDenim211

Noodle - I went TTS. I play hockey, so I've got pretty big thighs, and this cut sort of feels like a slim straight, especially after some of the more tapered cuts I've tried. Its definitely a bit different, but I'm finding the slightly wider hem a bit more versatile and suited to stacks, and I honestly couldn't be happier with the way the top block fits right now. The waist was tight at first, but it's stretched out perfectly, and I can definitely see these being my best fitting pair as time goes on.

Contact IH, let them know the issue and I am sure they will help.

yeah, did think of that but seeing as I live in Australia it just seems a tad far for them to really be able to do anything. I'll just bust out a needle & fix it myself and hope it doesn't spread.

AB Beef - I went to school at U0fC - a couple of friends of mine used to live in the Condos to the West of Market.

During Uni I lived all over Calgary. Dalhousie, Tuxedo, Marda Loop, 17th Ave S, Hidden Valley and the apartments across from McMahon. My buddy and I used to hang out at Mount Royal Village on 17th watching all the hot cars that used to frequent the Italian Restaurant across the street. Hit Cafe Beano for a Vietnamese coffee! Wicked Wedge used to have an all you can eat special on Sunday. We would ride our bikes all the way down from Tuxedo and eat enough Pizza to choke a horse.

When I used to live on 17th we would walk down to the Rose or the Ship.

I'm pretty close to UofC just north of the brentwood train station. I'm not sure if there are any other competitors in alberta besides you and EBreezy but I was thinking if people want we should meet up and grab some beers during the summer.