Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

oops. my bad mega on the other thread. i can't find the delete button though.

@til, anyway you're not in on this? thought you would've been.

@brianchia. or was it friday. can't really remember but saw someone picking the mbb up at tuckshop.

It was me if you saw the guy wearing a long sleeve iron heart tee.

Not a worry man, I did exactly the same over on the IH forum.

Til won't commit to one pair of denim for two years, he's a denim playboy :P

photo.jpg

A 8-9oz belt, 8-9 oz key holder, and 5-6oz wallet hand-stitched. I have an Irish Imperial frontier knife in the BB hidden pocket. The wallet and belt have a ton of indigo stained onto them already. The carabiner has been at my side for almost 2 years (as long as I have been bouldering) and it has aged with me.

Will upload pics once my belt gets in. My buddy Ebreezy talked me into getting an ebbets hat as well so he's going to put an order in for two in the next few days. All the fits are looking solid boys should be a good time.

MBB's arrived yesterday morning, just as I was hammering the last rivets of the belt I made especially for them (details on that adventure later).

I've now spent something like 26 continuous hours in them, as I work an overnight shift stocking freight at a grocery store. Put them on yesterday morning, did some errands, sat down to take a nap, went to work, came home, finally took them off.

First impressions: You know that feeling of trepidation and concern when something that you expected to be one way, is different than you expected? The first half hour was like that for me, like staring into the unknown and wondering what lays beyond me, waiting to be explored. Once I learned how to move in them, and how to situate them on my body to stop the side seams digging into my hips, I noted how they as well seemed to learn how to be with me.

It is a strange thing to be totally aware of a garment which previously you had only passing knowledge of its presence.

Overall, the feeling is that of an adventurer, off to blaze a new trail. The quality is of absolutely the highest standard I have ever been witness to, so much so that I almost feel bad treating these as poorly as I intend to. But then I remember that the purpose of denim is to be a consumable skin so that our own is not injured by our daily tasks, a second hide to bear the scars of our lives.

And the prizes are good too. ;)

3 more to be exact :)

Yall need more folks to get the hats made? I'll hop in.

edit: Ordered. Hope I knocked it over to production status.

Edited by drumad

photo.jpg

A 8-9oz belt, 8-9 oz key holder, and 5-6oz wallet hand-stitched. I have an Irish Imperial frontier knife in the BB hidden pocket. The wallet and belt have a ton of indigo stained onto them already. The carabiner has been at my side for almost 2 years (as long as I have been bouldering) and it has aged with me.

Very interesting. That wallet is good looking. What is the color on the wallet from?

Most of all he's more into "classic" stuff that weighs around 14 oz atm. And of course a collector ;) (I as well won't be able o commit to just one pair the next two years, my Eternals have seen some wear already. That said, I still want to win :P)

yes will do..actually i'm in for hwbc with this viberg as my contest pair..

perfect...great to see you're joining that contest as well. got me some nice vibergs incoming as well for the boot contest :) I've uploaded some pics of mine in the boot contest thread btw.

@mister56 - can I ask what's with your choice of font for posting? we can all read the default pretty well. feels like you're shouting at us or speaking like we're deaf.

I don't like default settings in any area of my life. Just as denim is about getting unique fades that are a part of who you are, the choice of my posting style is just a reflection of who I am. The font I like is Courier New, how is that like shouting? Generally people don't like all upper case, they think that is shouting. I never bought into that idea that anything that is WRITTEN IN ALL UPPER CASE IS SHOUTING. It's poor form to be sure. I bet this notion was penned by some 100 year old Dear Abby loon. Anyway, I can't hear in all caps. I can't read intonation in writing, or sense nuance that is associated with speaking, no one can. I would like to know how you feel about people that center their post?

Perhaps you're referring to font size?

Of all people, it seems that someone who is into creating pieces of living art that convey individuality would aprove of personal expression. Also, why not use the tools that are embedded in this writing cell? If the creator of superfuture wanted everything to be the same, like some type (pun) of font Mussolini, why would writing options exist at all. If Superfuture didn't want you to use them why do they exist?

You need to lossen up and consider where you're at and what this is all about. Just because you accept default setting doesn't mean everyone else should. Did I answer your question?

tumblr_mkvp10Rsfs1qjzppxo1_400.png

P.S. At least I don't use emoticons

:wacko:

Edited by mister56

Not a worry man, I did exactly the same over on the IH forum.

What should I say? The denim loves me and I love the denim..and I have lots of love to give :P:D

PS: sorry about the picture only thread!

mister56,

Why not write in ancient runes or hieroglyphics on paper and then scan it in and upload? That would be truly original. Don't be constrained by something as simple as your computer's font selection.

@b_f: So you're saying you're the Hugh Hefner of denim? Argh, burn my fantasies.

@ Mister56: as much as I agree with you on being critical about the mainstream, I think you kind of overreact here. In most forums the use of capital letters or a huge font size is understood as shouting, so okisan has a point. And now lets move on, wether its a serif font or not, I don't care. Let posts speak, not fonts.

Edited by Max Power