Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Continuing the pattern of trying to break in my 710s fast and hard, I ran a few miles in them today as part of my commute to my lab on campus (and a few extra miles of running never hurts training-wise). I think I'm going to make a habit of this on days that aren't too hot, just to avoid driving and dealing with finding a parking spot. I don't know what it is with the way I wear them, but the back of my thighs seems fade super fast on all of my jeans. In any case, these things are bleeding color fast!

8618448554_b3963c3112_c.jpg

Edited by cander49

I'm expecting a load of MBB pictures to start popping up here from today.

ajubyjy5.jpg

vehysyzy.jpg

any8yvy8.jpg

spitfiredealer I had the same thoughts when I first put them on, you need to give the 25oz denim around 20 wears to start to settle, and then they will be perfect. I love mine more every day.

MBB's are here. Took me about 5 mins to actually get the buttons done up!! Bit wider below the knee than i am used too. Will get some fit pics soon

Same for me, arrived today, took an age to button, then needed to use the fly for its intended purpose...not easy! Pics to follow...awesome jawns and belt (which also arrived - double pronged).

i prefer stacks on the 710 but only if theyre not too crazy. in your case a hemjob seems approbriate.

thanks to jeanstootight for his trust in me. the loose fit and missing stacks on my pair will make winning hard, but i promise good combs and beginning fades on the backpockets already. my gf has my cam but ill post updates soon...

Picked up my MBBs right before class, seriously considered skipping just so I could go back to my room and get them on my legs. Here's the goods:

IMG_0440_zps0c955aea.jpg

267da9f6-d814-4ce3-94df-92c172136e21_zpsb7bd5682.jpg

IMG_0442_zpsda48a5b1.jpg

IMG_0443_zps856243ee.jpg

IMG_0444_zpsf8e54f00.jpg

IMG_0447_zps028fbabf.jpg

IMG_0446_zps635da9cc.jpg

IMG_0445_zps8cfa2e43.jpg

Fit feels fuckin perfect, although I will need the waist to stretch out to tag size eventually. A bit wider leg opening than I'm used to, but I kind of like it. Pretty excited to see how these turn out in the next two years!

Edit: Starting to realize this comp is the perfect excuse to get a real camera. Expect better updates from me in the future..

Edited by skurlandski

Soooooo Jealous!!! According to Parcel Force my MBB's began their trip "Across the Pond" this morning at 8:30. Likely won't arrive until next week. And again that is all predicated on Canada Customs. Anyone know who parcel forces subsidiary is here in the great white north? If it is DHL i will be starting the HWDC2 in May.

To echo cander, I'm only about a week on my Sam s710, but they seem to be fading super fast. At this rate, they won't last 2 years. Stark contrast to my last pair - IH 634s.

I'm probably going to hem my pair, as the 37" post-soak inseam is pretty damn long on my normally 30" inseam (I'm only 5'7"...). Strangely enough, I compared them on top of my IH. Size 30 710 is pretty much exactly the same as a size 29 634, maybe a smidge smaller in the leg opening. Thinking about getting them tapered a bit for a change compared to my last pair.

Edited by who8mahrice

Day one of the 25 oz MBB. A few presoak pics. Love the shiny shiny denim and the deep blue stealth arcs. Soaked at lunch time so that I can try them on again after work. I think they'll shrink a touch to perfection.

photoapr04124412.jpgphotoapr04124842.jpgphotoapr04124837.jpg

^^For me easy as always: No soak as usual

But with the risk of having faster cracks and creases also crotch troubles. But since I wear a little bit oversized usually no big deal for me

Today I worked at my parents home so my IH 25 oz MBB had 8 hours off.

I was breaking in my old Nudie pants as my new workpants, and they already had some rough times when I was cutting an apple tree and doing other hard work

For people who wanna see some evos on this non heavyweight denim check out at the bottom of this pic gallery link below:

https://picasaweb.go...CLiN--e33cCctwE

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

To soak or not to soak.?....that is the question!

well how is the pre-soak fit?

also some general info about the MBB's:

"They are sanforized, but also raw, unwashed, so they will still shrink a little (not as much as unsanforized). Giles mentioned this somewhere that they didn't have time to one-wash the jeans in Japan due to time constraints..."

^Great news to me since I love the fact that they missed the one wash (if this is true)