Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Final payment done for the MBB. Still un-decided on what size to get. 33 or 34. #firstworldproblems

here´s a quote from Giles over at the ih.co.uk-forum, just to let you know what´s going on atm.:

If you want to change the size you ordered, you may have to wait until the next 60 or so extra pairs are made. Sorry, but we had to concentrate on making what had been ordered, we simply could not make the "spares". They will get made, but I don't know when.

Guys, in reference to the MBB's, Iron Heart were faced with a very simple choice. In light of the fact that half the denim was written off they could have either....

1. Waited for a new batch of denim, resulting in a delay of potentially months before they could be fitted back into the production schedule.

2. Make exactly what was ordered by hand cutting each jean from the roll of denim, and ensure that all 107 ordered pairs were ready for as close to contest start as possible.

Personally, I am glad that they chose the second option. More MBB's will be made, but we do not have the information about when exactly that will be yet.

I have given up my contest pair (size 36) to allow for greater flexibility to those who have ordered and waited. I will now be wearing the samples as my contest pair, (which will have had 40 wears by the start of the comp but lets face it I have piss all chance of winning anyway, ha ha).

Sometimes things do not go exactly to plan, but I think that Iron Heart have responded to a problem not of their creation in a fantastic manner.

If anyone has some special (or strange) requests for their MBB's this weekend please let me know via PM. I can get them signed by anyone present, but I cannot guarantee that Beatle won't swear.

I'm glad that IH could make do and get them done..I'm pretty sure that going with the 31"s will suit me fine. I just really, really hope that the inseam length is as long as possible.(just concerned because I know they were trying to conserve fabric...)

If the fit doesn't work for me(but I'm optimistic that it will), I'll be switching up my contest pair to my backup choice. I'm sure it'll all work out fine. I just can't wait to get going with the comp. I know it's not a sprint, but since I'm extremely limited as to when I can wear jeans, every wear will have to count. (Even though I'm realistically in this just for the fun/camaraderie)

It's going to be a fun two years!

really? In announcement thread on the IH forum (i saw something regarding it on page 43) 37" inseams are mentioned, somewhere else I had asked before that and it was told that they would be 37" inseams as well.... sure hope this is the case or im in a mess of trouble

**can't figure out if I posted it in a forum or emailed G.. still looking

Edited by tatmantall

Ordered a 32, looking to switch to a 31 or 30, anybody want to trade..?

sparks an idea, megatron1505 if u doesnt mind another bit of workload would you be willing to handle a swap/trade program for those who want to change their MBB size? so u own all the database of the size available for trade and just match it with the requested new size.

though not hefty, yes i do donate what i can afford. again, it's only a suggestion. i saw it worked out perfectly for Soundwave Music Festival in Australia so i guess it would be applicable over here where sizes are scarce.

If there is going to be any size swapping going on, in addition to hemming(which I doubt would be feasible, as it would be nearly impossible to have good communication with people not in attendance), feel free to drop my 31" waist/no hem pair in the post before any potential mix ups occur.

I'm sure we could start a thread after everyone gets their jeans, if your size doesn't work, we could post up a "have size YxY want XxX" list, and facilitate any trading without burdening Mega. Personally I'd rather deal directly with one person who has what I'm looking for and vice versa.

I spent the weekend in Tampa with my BB's and they are like walking with two toddlers holding on to my legs, given I am not a marvel of all that is man at 120 lbs. I am still stunned at how heavy these things are.

Edited by FLDenim211

Mega's doing way too much already anyways, so you can be dann sure he ain't gonna load even more (unnecessary) shit, like setting up a swapping system, onto his back, without risking to get kicked out by his wife and son!

enough is enough, we're all grown folks and I think we should show some (more) respect towards Mega and the crew by NOT asking for anything more they should/could do for us!

if someone needs a different size, he should be able to ask for it on its own...in this thread!

let's wait on those measurements first though before wildin' out!...

talking of inseams what if any loss of length can we expect from these MBB's? I've not had experience with sanforized denim before. I've requested a 34 leg but don't want that getting any shorter.

Take away about half an inch for multiple washes, and another half an inch once your creases set in, I would go with a 35" inseam on your pair personally.

sparks an idea, megatron1505 if u doesnt mind another bit of workload would you be willing to handle a swap/trade program for those who want to change their MBB size? so u own all the database of the size available for trade and just match it with the requested new size.

As the other guys have kinda said, I really won't have time to organise that anytime in the near future. I have my sons birthday, followed by the entire weekend from Friday to Tuesday being tied up with the CSM, hemming and helping with shipping, then my wife wants me on decorating duties at home, and after that I go back to working a regular 40 hour week in the real world :wacko:

I would suggest that this is something which can be handled through the multiple forums, threads and social media accounts.