Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

I'm waiting on an object to arrive at my domicile.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm very happy now.

With the help of strangers anything can happen.

tumblr_mjd1q37D2m1qjzppxo1_1280.jpg

Edited by mister56

Well done Beatle, congrats to all your work put in to your new raw denim project

Can't wait to see the first heavy faded ones in a year or two!!!!

Here is a very special pair of denim. These were specifically made for me to win the WHDC contest. The fabricator wants to remain anonymous, because they are made from very rare cotton. More importantly, many peoples live were put in jeopardy because of the dangerously low tension used in the making of these jeans.

Valhalla Cottonâ„¢ is pretty hard to grow to say the least. Seven months out of the year the ground is covered in ice and snow, but the hot spring blows over the crops of cotton. To make matters worse, the country is always at war. What the farmers do to grow this cotton is nothing short of amazing. The seeds germinate quickly, and as the plant matures, a cotton pod appears at the end of a long stalk. Harvesting denim is an exhausting, back-breaking work which can really only be done by hand and requires knowledge of the Overlords. When the pods are still babies the artisans use a specialized knife mounted on a handle of an oar to cut vertically over two or three sides of the pod. The cuts in pods eventually seep denim. Later, when the midnight sun rises 72 virgins work the night shift. They harvest denim by wrapping the fresh threads around a threshing oar. That's it. Oh, they use blue and white seeds for the color. In the picture below you can easily see the Valhalla Cottonâ„¢ with the blue and white color. I used computer enhancement so you can see a close up of this incredible denim. I had to use three computer systems to get the image that you are enjoying. Enjoy.

tumblr_mjdit3qGOt1qjzppxo1_500.jpg

Word from Paula at IHUK about the....

GOSPORT CHAIN STITCH MASSACRE

The Gosport Chain Stitch Massacre

Saturday 30th March 2013 starting at 13:00

Cooperage Green, Gosport, PO12 1FY, UK

Free beer, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the afternoon.

For those who can stay later, an evening event is being planned for around 19:30 at a local bar/restaurant with reasonably priced menu – more details to follow.

If you are planning to attend the Chain Stitch Massacre, please confirm so that we can get a rough idea of numbers. First-aiders will be welcomed as we expect to have to treat some bleeding fingers…

If you want to come along to the evening meal then please let me know by Friday 22nd March as we need to make a firm booking for this.

I will send out more information nearer the date, in the meantime if you have any specific questions please drop me an email ([email protected]) or PM.

Mme B

Edited by Megatron1505

How does it feel to know that is what your bottom half will be wearing for the next 2 years? :D

Also, I might have something coming for the tope half of peoples bodies.......for those of us who really are that lazy that we want to take the choice element out of what we wear :ph34r:

First rule of HWDC is that everyone talks about HWDC :P

Also, I might have something coming for the tope half of peoples bodies.......for those of us who really are that lazy that we want to take the choice element out of what we wear :ph34r:

What have you got in mind mega!!?

My jeans spent some time with my dog up Mueller Park Canyon on the Mueller Park and Kenney Creek trails this weekend:

8547075174_7c51d836f1_b.jpg

8545978955_fa8ec80e06_b.jpg

Weather was absolutely gorgeous! I really ought to get Holly a raw denim bandana... I bet she would fade it in nicely. :) Oh, and jeans are at 18 wears, so I get 12 more in the next 21 days.

Edited by cander49

and just a quick reminder - ebbets caps - we need just a few more heads in order to pull trigger for production

Standard cap /semiadjustable

Crown: Navy wool

Visor: Navy wool

Under visor: 7oz Duck , mustard (FD7-MUS)

Button: Navy

Eyelets: Navy

Sweatband: Black

Seam tape: Black

Stitching: Navy

8402412140_75c62b471e_z.jpg

If you want to compete in a pair of bybeatle volume one

Available via pre order until April 1st @ Rivet&Hide

Mid rise slim fit with tapered leg

17oz raw selvage denim milled in Okayama

rope dyed with 24 dips

10oz Cotton twill hickoree pinstripe pocket bags

raised belt loops

half lined back pockets

all threads in UEJ polycore

doghnut buttons in cox

hidden rivets and exposed rivets in cox

reinforced crotch detail

shrink to fit

Checkout code for 10% discount is beat1

8530058099_f18c827341_z.jpg

8530093931_6cba0da24e_z.jpg

8530127305_0ddffeef55_z.jpg

8531214022_878b9b231a_z.jpg

pre order for longer inseam closes tomorrow, March 12th

Something a bit special for your upper body, just working out the technical details and prototype now.

Perhaps a 25 oz IH Jacket? With a 25oz IH Western Shirt? For the total Heavyweight Denim tuxedo?

Mega - I am starting to worry that my 40 MBB might be too big (natural 38W) with your last post. Will wait for measurements to make my final decision but...any comments on how the 38 fit would be appreciated. Maybe pictures if possible?

Perhaps a 25 oz IH Jacket? With a 25oz IH Western Shirt? For the total Heavyweight Denim tuxedo?

Mega - I am starting to worry that my 40 MBB might be too big (natural 38W) with your last post. Will wait for measurements to make my final decision but...any comments on how the 38 fit would be appreciated. Maybe pictures if possible?

Depends what kind of fit you're looking for, but with the MBB's my feeling is that if you want the true Buster shape you should go TTS.

Mega - my favorite fitting jeans right now are the Self Edge x Iron Heart = SEXIH07BK (Overdyed Black). I have them in a 38 and the measurements are not that far off of the MBB's. I should really wait for final sizing but likely will go TTS.

I have been wearing all of my Heavyweight denim in anticipation of the MBB's. 23oz Strike Gold & 24oz N&F. Can't wait for 25oz IH MBB's. I feel my legs are ready.