Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Replied, sometimes I need a few days due to other commitments (family, job etc...), but I do get there. If I don't get back to anyone, just keep harassing me until I do :D

Hello. I know your busy, I'm just letting you know that I PM'd you.

NEWSFLASH

Due to being away on business for the next few days, the HWDC is closed until next Thursday (7th March).

All entries are now closed unless using ByBeatle jeans.

I think is closed unless using bybeatle jeans. :)

Edited by nakamoto

It is closed, and I am on the other side of the world from the database currently.

To all those sending PM's to join, where were you three months ago? Sorry, we are now locked down to all except ByBeatle jeans.

NEWSFLASH

Due to being away on business for the next few days, the HWDC is closed until next Thursday (7th March).

All entries are now closed unless using ByBeatle jeans.

So, is it closed ot what? i have whatched this thred every day and haven't seen any post about the last registration date for Februari 28th?

Edited by Slowitchu

It is closed, and I am on the other side of the world from the database currently.

To all those sending PM's to join, where were you three months ago? Sorry, we are now locked down to all except ByBeatle jeans.

Was trying to find a pair that fit... Hence why I was waiting to join since I didn't want to commit money to the contest and end up not being able to compete. I can imagine other people in similar situations about not having a pair of jeans yet.

Woulda been nice to see something on the first post about registration closing before April 1 as many competitions are open entry for a while through the start date.

Genuine question though: what's the benefit of closing the registration off a month in advance? More registrants means more contestants, more action, possibly more money to offset costs. I know there's an additional logistics component to adding a contestant, but I can't imagine it being that much compared to the potential gain of another contestant.

Edited by who8mahrice

i can't speak on behalf of gav or beats but a lot of their decisions and rules they have made for round 2 are a reflection of the errors that were made in round 1. for reasons why they had chosen to close registration i can not explain but being a contestant in round 2 assures me how exclusive this global competition is. a lot of people had dropped out early in round 1 before the contest had reached the 1 year mark, shirts were not sold, there were dry moments here and there. lessons were learned. .... again i can't speak on behalf of them but i can see they're more structured this time around and really looking for the community to contribute back more so through events, themes etc... they have sacrificed their time and hard earned money molding this contest to what it is. can't blame them for wanting competitors not flakes.

Edited by llvlaglne

Thanks for the heads up. Now I have a pair of heavy weight denim ready for the Texas Heat.

Edited by mister56

Was trying to find a pair that fit... Hence why I was waiting to join since I didn't want to commit money to the contest and end up not being able to compete. I can imagine other people in similar situations about not having a pair of jeans yet.

Woulda been nice to see something on the first post about registration closing before April 1 as many competitions are open entry for a while through the start date.

Genuine question though: what's the benefit of closing the registration off a month in advance? More registrants means more contestants, more action, possibly more money to offset costs. I know there's an additional logistics component to adding a contestant, but I can't imagine it being that much compared to the potential gain of another contestant.

registration was free.. any cost incurred by the contest other than the price of your denim is optional. Donation, while encouraged, was never a requirement. and i would assume it's also free to drop out of the contest. I'm also relatively sure that one was not required to have a denim commitment at the time of registration.

Edited by cAbES

I'm sure it's Sunday where she's at but just give her some time to put things together. She only had the bybeatles for 3 days? If she said Sunday then its Sunday, it can be in the morning or before midnight before it hits Monday. I thank beatle for spending her weekend working on making this happen.

Edited by whackedout

registration was free.. any cost incurred by the contest other than the price of your denim is optional. Donation, while encouraged, was never a requirement. and i would assume it's also free to drop out of the contest. I'm also relatively sure that one was not required to have a denim commitment at the time of registration.

That's true, but I personally feel like a $10 donation is the least any one of us can do to thank Megatron and Beatles for all the work they've put in to this. They're putting a lot of their own time and money to do this for us. Let's be honest, if we're entering a contest with $150-$400 jeans, we can afford $10. Hence why personally, I didn't want to enter the contest without putting money in, and so I had to be sure I even had a pair to wear.

I am currently in Jakarta, so I could not register anyone anyway. I have answered approximately 2500 messages regarding this comp, and have consistently delivered the message that registration closes on March 1st.

The reason for this may become apparent if all goes to plan, but I am certainly not going to explain myself over the closure date.

Most contests may do this, that, or the other, but no other contest has 250 competitors, speaking 12 different languages, and run over 6 forums. I made the decision that I would administrate this, and that is what I am doing, this is the biggest denim contest ever so it is a fair portion of work.

I will reopen registration for 7 days from the 11th to the 18th of March (when I am back home), anyone who fails to register in this time will not be able to participate.

That is my final word on registration.

First of all, let me say thank you for all your patience.

It is finally time to reveal everything about bybeatle - volume one

If you are looking for a denim that has never before been used and is loomed in the heart of the famous Okayama prefecture, combined with a mid rise slim fit with a seriously tapered leg, than you might have just found your wild card!

Crazy Beatle finally ventured out to Japan on a mission and visited a family run shuttle loom mill and an established textile supplier in the Okayama prefecture and scored some seriously dark indigo right hand twill redline selvage denim.

The mill, under super vision of ALLBLUE inc. - meeting with Hajime Inoue-San, founder and owner of TCB and Fuji-San, supervisor of mill

8402131858_e6f4d7205f_z.jpg

8401044219_d5d1097836_z.jpg

8402133964_24e7e03075_z.jpg

8401043935_c0c42ca1aa_z.jpg

8401046549_80ae8060de_z.jpg

8401047925_e63718a702_z.jpg

I also had the chance to meet a textile supplier in the Okayama prefecture, Hideo Yamaashi of Yamaashi Orimono Co.Ltd

8401049703_572893726f_z.jpg

8401048915_8da0ce4885_z.jpg

8401048535_cd19731438_z.jpg

8401048105_48915f2781_z.jpg