Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

HWDC3 I guess.

Seen some shirts of it on some other site in someones bio. Read something about canadian tuxedo contest and other weight classes as wel.

Sounds awesome!

And lovely aldens Cander. I almost bought a pair of indy's a week ago but was a bit to late and they where already gone  :(

Can't wait to see the next denim contest round. Thanks a lot for this hard work and keeping the raw denim spirit alive with this contest

Looks great Mega.

Before my trip to Amerika I decided to wash my jeans (LA, SF, Vegas and NY let me know if anyone is down for a beer ^_^ ) 

New contest submission: This time washing challenge.

Before washing I'll turn my jeans inside out

lQLKlqs.jpg

I love how the inside of the frontpockets fade 

I9cB40y.jpg

Something to clean it up:

aUhasr4.jpg

1 hour wash at 50 degrees celcius:

BLXq8Ky.jpg

Edited by greathoudini

This weekend I went to visit friends in Norrköping. The city is full of preserved old buildings and have Motala Ström running through its center. I especially like the industrial landscape; Norrköping used to play a central part in the Swedish textile and paper industries. All buildings are still used today, though they now host the university, a science park, two museums, clubs, restaurants and a school of arts.

15456473655_e72b02a462_z.jpg

15456127422_e3f931bcb5_c.jpg

I was hoping to capture a shot of one of the old trams but only managed to cross paths with new ones.
15269859818_f00932ca62_c.jpg

15453325221_bc1a86521b_c.jpg

The workers museum. Still don't know why there's a chimney in the middle of the water.
15433393896_deafbc0ec8_c.jpg

And some denim pics
15269766410_e2c3d7c74d_z.jpg

15453324691_cb0fc04ebd_z.jpg

There are a few more pics over in the TCB contest thread.

and the fishing...

IMG_0098_zpsf74b9815.jpg

it was a really bad day out there, simply no bite at all. my lecturer who frequent this waters of the indian ocean says that it's on his worst in not seeing any bite or fish.. first time fishing.. my mate had a catch, but i had nothing  :(

IMG_0105_zpse358e391.jpgIMG_0102_zpsa4603f21.jpgIMG_0100_zps24e175ae.jpg

on the way back to shore... well i learnt the basics on how to fish at least..

IMG_0103_zps04988a86.jpg

Looks great Mega.

Before my trip to Amerika I decided to wash my jeans (LA, SF, Vegas and NY let me know if anyone is down for a beer ^_^ ) 

New contest submission: This time washing challenge.

Before washing I'll turn my jeans inside out

lQLKlqs.jpg

Is that a giant denim blanket made to look like a pocket?

Just thumbing through some cell phone pics, so I thought I'd add an update.  The first is from April, the second from July, and the third is from Oct.  MBB many soaks but never washed.  I've been wearing them since around April 2013. 

IMG_1619_zpsc0de5b37.jpg

IMG_1365_zps2f93a876.jpgIMG_1988_zps3bc3028b.jpg

Edited by Davil

ouch on that last picture

yeah, that's f'd up looking. Obviously I can see what happened - I don't get why it happened from just not turning the jeans inside out when being washed. Weird to me. 

I had a similar (yet not half as dramatic) accident with my ues. It had been washed a lot before, yet the washing machine caused some vertical fadings. With a new pair the effect might be more intense. Will be interesting to see how these end up - as you fade jeans fast and great, the lines might blend in after many months.

Edited by Max Power

i never turn mine inside out, but i also never let them spin in the washing machine. i always thought that what was caused creasing like that?

i dunno. of course, i really only use my washing machine to agitate. after they've soaked and agitated for a while, i hand rinse and hang dry. never had any problems with vertical creasing.

other than that, the rest look awesome!

Damn I haven't been keeping up with the competition. Singapore was a heatwave. Good news is that it's gotten quite cold this week in Newcastle so I've been wearing my jeans more often. Shall take some pictures if there's a sunny day. 

Loving all the updates guy. Sorry about my lack of them haha