Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

I've never had crotch damage like that on a pair of jeans. Never even seen it until I started hanging around denim forums. What causes it? 

A lot of factors can contribute to crotch wearing out first like extreme downsizing, lack of wash/soak, use (like riding a bike), or (in the case of Zwer) just your body type.

Short answer is, it's a hight stress point and therefore usually one of the first things to go.

Since I had some nice weather I went for a walk. Right next door to my flat I have the local football stadium Behrn Arena where the top two teams in town play. Örebro SK for the boys and Karlslunds IF for the ladies. The season is just starting with the cups here in Sweden. Really looking forward to see some (low quality) games.

13200439265_a0243ddbec_c.jpg

Stadsparken is about 5 minutes away from my place. It's the biggest park in the city and finally getting greener by the minute.

13200438015_06754f4b46_c.jpg

I thought I'd show you guys Wadköping which is the oldest part of Örebro. Unfortunately my phone died just after taking this photo from a far. Oh the unintentional cliffhanger.

13200749984_67b9a73d32_c.jpg

And to celebrate the upcoming halfway mark a pic from the balcony with the contest-tee.

13200434915_b12ae9bb00_c.jpg

Cheers heavy champs!

Gave my pair a wash yesterday and had to restitch a good amount of the hem on both sides. And I've done that so many times meanwhile that I don't care much for the look of it. One of those moments I wish Samurai would use stronger threads, especially as the hem is a bitch to sew by hand.

^ I've yet to restitch my hem but I've done a good amount of my inseams and shared your thoughts. It's nice with the authenticy of 100% cotton threads but I'd gladly welcome the durability of polycore.

Though my denim wardrobe begs the differ....100% cotton threads all over the damn place.

It's nice with the authenticy of 100% cotton threads but I'd gladly welcome the durability of polycore.

Just out of curiosity, why do you consider cotton thread more authentic?  Poly thread has been widely used in jeans for the last 50+ years.  I've never understood that philosophy, unless the jeans are something really old fashioned, like a model with a cinch back and suspender buttons.

Just out of curiosity, why do you consider cotton thread more authentic?  Poly thread has been widely used in jeans for the last 50+ years.  I've never understood that philosophy, unless the jeans are something really old fashioned, like a model with a cinch back and suspender buttons.

To be honest I didn't know poly thread had been around for so long. But if that's the case then I wonder why so many companies stick with 100% cotton?

Finally got out to get some pictures of the N&F 32oz beasts. Not much development from the last time, with winter being so cold this year not really doing much and I was away in Barbados for two weeks. No way I could wear 32oz jeans in 34C weather with very high humidity! So whatever, here are some fit pictures.

13255476535_0b9610db54_d.jpg

13255633833_2fdff85cb2_d.jpg

13255630673_1a70c451b5_d.jpg

13255834824_45ee256967_d.jpg

Edited by Netleyhunter

WOW! Some amazing updates recently. I think this contest is going to produce some of the most incredible faded denim that anyone has ever seen, huge thanks to everyone still rocking their jeans hard.

Bha! I am kind of pissed that I did not join in this competition. I thought about it at the time but decided not to. Do not know why.

I am however having a lot of fun just following this thread. Good discussions and beautiful pictures. I will join the next competition if there will be one.

Edited by nizzel55

Next time around it will be Samurai for me....I am so upset after my friend just ordered his pair of 710s.  I do still love my Beatle Busters to death but the texture just can't compete

I wore Samurai in HWDC1, I'm not sure that the Busters can't compete more that they are very different denims. No doubt many Samurai denims have a much richer texture, but that only counts if that's what you like personally.

Variety is the spice of life.

Sure, I'll try to remember when I get home tonight!

Sorry, 4 days late!  The color in these isn't as good (my cell phone camera seems finicky), but you get an idea of the details.

13344569303_e928c05922_n.jpg 13344828444_f3019925f4_n.jpg

13344830124_cb8f36edf3_n.jpg 13344575503_76cd10235e_n.jpg

Above right photo is probably the most accurate of this whole batch.

13344450865_863c24247c_n.jpg 13344582553_833e399ae3_n.jpg

13344453815_7bbe9c9c3a_n.jpg 13344926864_7323afd36c_n.jpg

Last one is just for you, Max. :)

As for activity updates, my jeans got their 46th day of skiing for the season today.  I'll also be buying a ticket to take them to Tanzania to climb Mt Kilimanjaro within a month or so (trip will be in August).  I'm pretty sure that will put some good memories into them!

Edited by cander49

I wore Samurai in HWDC1, I'm not sure that the Busters can't compete more that they are very different denims. No doubt many Samurai denims have a much richer texture, but that only counts if that's what you like personally.

Variety is the spice of life.

I also wore Samurai's the first time around, and while Samurai's texture is wonderful and contributes greatly to their fantastic fading characteristics, every time I put on my Busters I'm reminded just how great IH's "boring" 21 oz denim is. It's just a totally different experience-- so much richer and more luxurious in look and feel, it's almost sensual. I love Samurai's denim, IH's denim, and PBJ's denim equally. Variety is indeed the spice of life.