Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

oki 3 months old jeans with less than a month of wear is a valid entry!

Edited by syeh

Quick reminder that the belt pre-order is only open for 2 weeks, if you want to order one, now is the time. Pre-order closes on the 28th of January.

Also, just to add that the earlier images I used of Crispin and his workshop, are from this great piece by SuFu member Saintkeat.

http://saintkeat.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/travel-blog-5-crispin-leathers-london-uk/

Edited by Megatron1505

The text you posted is from the announcement thread, and those were my initial thoughts for Round 2. Since then it has changed to run from April 1st 2013 to April 1st 2015, as stated in this thread.

Hmmm... Can't help but feel a little suspicious of that starting date. I imagine pulling on a spanking brand new pair of jeans on 1st April and see a sufu announcement stating "April Fools! We start a month from now! Take it off and put the shrink wrap back on!"

One quick question on belt sizing: I wear a 30 in pretty much every pair of jeans I own, I wear a 32 Tanner Goods belt, but when I measured from the belt hole I use (which is the middle of the 5 holes) to where the buckle is attached, I got 33 inches. I'm pretty sure a 34 would be too big, but I'm kind of torn between a 32 and a 33. Any advice?

I've always understood that belts should be purchased one size larger than your jeans. So, if you wear a size 30 jeans, you buy a size 32 belt. That's how I've always done it and it's always worked out for me.

Anyone know what size the belt loops are on the MBBs?

All Iron Heart jeans (and most jeans in general) are designed to take a 1.5" belt, the IHB-03 was 1.7" and very, very tight through the belt loops.

I appreciate that some guys like a thicker belt, but honestly, if you order a 2" belt I can guarantee where your first repair on your jeans will be.

All Iron Heart jeans (and most jeans in general) are designed to take a 1.5" belt, the IHB-03 was 1.7" and very, very tight through the belt loops.

I appreciate that some guys like a thicker belt, but honestly, if you order a 2" belt I can guarantee where your first repair on your jeans will be.

Thank you Tron

That's good news...I need a 1.5" belt, just wanted to make sure that the loops weren't larger, before I order.

Got my jeans. Waist is a tiny big before soaking so I'm guna cold soak to shrink them down.

Teaser. <_< 100% Cotton 21oz. Denim

photo-10.jpg

finally some photos of the contestants jeans haha..

the rest using MBB?

/\ I already know that I am going to have trouble waiting to wear these. I may need to wear once or twice before then to get a little break in while its still pretty chilly out. Is that cheating? :blush:

we are allowed up to 30 wears .

so dont be shy.. break them in a little haha..