Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Sure I can read ten pages, but shouldn't it be as easy as possible to know everything that the competitor need to know to participate to the contest? How else are we supposed to get as many as we can to do this all the way?

I'm to interesded and forward that I can take the time and effort to get all the information that I need. But those who's not as I am and just sees that there's some competition but just wont bother to read 10 pages will probably just ignore it.

But hey, thats just how I think it should be. You have to be really clear with everyone, and espacally not answer with that attitude.

The people setting this up are spending a ton of time working on details and everything else to make this an awesome event. I believe it is very fair to spend some of your own time to read through things to catch up. Everything you need to know is on the first page...then you can read the rest as needed when you have time.

Sure I can read ten pages, but shouldn't it be as easy as possible to know everything that the competitor need to know to participate to the contest? How else are we supposed to get as many as we can to do this all the way?

I'm to interesded and forward that I can take the time and effort to get all the information that I need. But those who's not as I am and just sees that there's some competition but just wont bother to read 10 pages will probably just ignore it.

But hey, thats just how I think it should be. You have to be really clear with everyone, and espacally not answer with that attitude.

No one is getting paid for their time put in here. Quit trolling.

So many leather choices! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

No one is getting paid for their time put in here. Quit trolling.

So many leather choices! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

What does it matter if they get paid or not? Of course they are making a great job! I'm just trying to say what I think could make it easier. And especially for us that don't know the language very well. I'm guessing I'm not the only foreign one that's here.

We make it easier for the people who is setting this competition up by just taking some time to read the 10 pages. Mega and Beatle is putting up A LOT of time into this competition, to make things happen at such sort notice. There wasn't a competition in the works, up until 3-4 months ago, and to me I see a whole lot of stuff already happening within the few months.

I am running this competition over 6 forums, three of which are Asian based and therefore not native English speakers either. Since opening these threads I would estimate,ate that I have answered maybe 1000 questions, and I have answered each one to the best of my ability, with the information I have available at the time.

This competition is a fluid thing, new information and announcements are made all the time, so you really need to stay on top of the thread. As I mentioned the amount of questions which I have answered I feel that it is fair to point out that many of them are from people for whom English is not their first language, and who wanted to check their understanding of something, this is perfectly reasonable and to be expected.

I don't think anyone would be bothered if you asked questions in the thread, or in private to me about any point concerning the HWDC, the only point that bothers people (me included), is that you cannot seem to be bothered to find information for yourself.

There are more people in this competition for whom English isn't a first language than there are natural English speakers, they seem to be doing just fine, and when they aren't, they ask.

I am running this competition over 6 forums, three of which are Asian based and therefore not native English speakers either. Since opening these threads I would estimate,ate that I have answered maybe 1000 questions, and I have answered each one to the best of my ability, with the information I have available at the time.

This competition is a fluid thing, new information and announcements are made all the time, so you really need to stay on top of the thread. As I mentioned the amount of questions which I have answered I feel that it is fair to point out that many of them are from people for whom English is not their first language, and who wanted to check their understanding of something, this is perfectly reasonable and to be expected.

I don't think anyone would be bothered if you asked questions in the thread, or in private to me about any point concerning the HWDC, the only point that bothers people (me included), is that you cannot seem to be bothered to find information for yourself.

There are more people in this competition for whom English isn't a first language than there are natural English speakers, they seem to be doing just fine, and when they aren't, they ask.

Yes, I can't even imagine how many questions you guys have got. And as I said before, you are doing a great job and I thankful for it!

But that's why I thought that I should say what my thoughts was.

And I can find the information for myself. I just guess that I don't think that you should have to read every post in a thread just to get all Information for a competition, I just think that it's a bit problematic.

But hey, I think I know all that I need to know. So you just keep up your good work and I'll hope it will be 2 good years.

He makes a few more like his past few and you won't have to. I guarantee that.

So what, You are saying that you shall kick me out for bringing up a discussion and asking some questions?

I mean, I know that I get this hate because I'm the new guy, but shouldn't you as Moderator be the bigger guy then?

Edited by Deák

So what, You are saying that you shall kick me out for bringing up a discussion and asking some questions?

I mean, I know that I get this hate because I'm the new guy, but shouldn't you as Moderator be the bigger guy then?

I'm gonna write off you being a rude, inept little twerp to your inability to grasp the nuances of the English language so let's try this again... Pretty please with fucking sugar on it stop asking stupid insulting questions and just try reading the thread.

I can't kick you out of this contest but I can make it where you won't be talking about it on THIS forum

With it being buried away a whole page away you might have missed the announcement thread.

http://supertalk.sup...round-2-201315/

See first post.

I'm not sure, but I suspect repeating it every page for every new face asking the same questions might be a little trying on one's patience.

Thanks, Hadn't actually seen that post.

I'm gonna write off you being a rude, inept little twerp to your inability to grasp the nuances of the English language so let's try this again... Pretty please with fucking sugar on it stop asking stupid insulting questions and just try reading the thread.

I can't kick you out of this contest but I can make it where you won't be talking about it on THIS forum

Sorry, didn't know I came of that way.

Hey Everyone:

I just wanted to write a little message for everyone in this competition. For me, this competition is about love for our denim. We all take the extra special time to make sure our jeans are "the ones" for us. We research many manufactures, find out many small details, and spend serious money on them. That is a major time investment on our parts. Since we become quite educated from our research and debates, it becomes a deep passion for all of us. This can lead to personal opinions and biases that can contrast greatly with our fellow denim heads. While this competition ultimately leads to one pair being the best, what makes everyone join in the for the fun is the 2 years that we'll all share together. We get to see how our jeans, lives, and common interests grow over time. Out of respect for the competition and the people involved, I believe that we should all be kind to one another. We don't see anyone face to face on this forum (unless you live by a participant); so it is very easy to write backhanded comments on a screen to publish. I have been looking forward to this contest for a very long time. I would love to see everyone getting along and sharing what they get to experience in their jeans. If you got a chance to read this, I look forward to getting to know all of you and your preference in denim. Good luck to all involved.

-fadez

@Mega__ i know you're already taxed to the hilt with hectic sched [& wiping drools off faceless morons], but i need to be certain regarding the double-pronged brass buckle option before finally putting the order in.

'must say, the heavy-ozer black bridle sure looked "heavenly". i'm hoping for a garrison 2-prongs for a 1.75 to 2-incher, btw. tnx in advance.

Edited by BrownMetallic

* Competition will start on the 1st of March 2013, and run for 24 months.

* One month wear amnesty is still in effect, if you have less than one months wear on your jawns...they and you are welcome.

are these still true or did they change??

Hi Tina,

The text you posted is from the announcement thread, and those were my initial thoughts for Round 2. Since then it has changed to run from April 1st 2013 to April 1st 2015, as stated in this thread.

It is for this exact reason that I asked people to only use this thread to avoid confusion.

Thanks

Mega

Hi Tina,

The text you posted is from the announcement thread, and those were my initial thoughts for Round 2. Since then it has changed to run from April 1st 2013 to April 1st 2015, as stated in this thread.

It is for this exact reason that I asked people to only use this thread to avoid confusion.

Thanks

Mega

Sorry Gav but exactly this isn't clearly written in the first post.

And there are still the old pics of the contest tees online that say "March 2013 - March 2015".

So this is the only thing where I see Deák's critique a little bit valid.

Deák - You're an Idiot!

....I could Read all of the pages you've posted on in order to better understand what your like.

But instead -like you I've just read the most recent entries from you - the ones that are immediately right in front of me and based my opinions and comment on that alone!

Mega and Beatle are putting in a huge amount of time and effort on our behalves in order to bring this competition to life, and all just for their enjoyment and ours.

Do them (and yourself) the credit of putting in a small amount of effort and seeking out the information yourself.

You can even read the HWDC2 Article on rawrdenim.com and get the details very easily.

Edited by UkeNo