Megatron1505

Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

here is my 7months evo for these jeans.quite slow due to rotate with another pair.

samurai1.jpg

samurai5.jpg

samurai3.jpg

samurai6.jpg

samurai8.jpg

samurai9.jpg

samurai14.jpg

Hey all! I've been out of the loop as I've been traveling SE Asia and it's too damn hot for so many ounces of denim :-). I'm on my way home and will be passing through Singapore and HK over the next two weeks. Would love any recommendations for cool shops to check out, or if anybody wants to meet up I'd gladly buy a beer!

Throw A shout out to the Singapore crowd, some of the nicest guys out the reside right there in Singapore. i'm looking at you SaintKeat, James and Johnny of Obbigood, Louis Bosco, Kayodic, Ronaldish and many other top guys and girls who I am sure my early morning brain won't allow me to remember.

^Very very nice.

I remember reading somewhere during the first hwdc that samurai wouldn't be able to compete with some IH fades. But by the looks of it everyone not wearing samurai will have a hard time competing against the ones that are wearing samurai, haha.

I must admit that I would have expected faster fading on the MBBs, as some older 25 oz models faded really quick. On the other hand, Samurais are not known to be stubborn.In the end, I can name you 5 guys that will shred every brand real quick, so the wearer is the important part.

Also not losing site of the fact that the aims of this competition are not.

A) who can fuck their jeans up the fastest

Or

B) who can shed the most indigo the fastest.

Sometimes I worry that gets forgotten, beautiful evolution can be (and arguably should be) very subtle.

Also not losing site of the fact that the aims of this competition are not.

A) who can fuck their jeans up the fastest

Or

B) who can shed the most indigo the fastest.

Sometimes I worry that gets forgotten, beautiful evolution can be (and arguably should be) very subtle.

Amen! I fully agree man, I love some of the high contrast fades but I personally always try to get a more vintage look to my own jeans!

A fair point, but for vintage fades and denim I wouldn't recommend heavy denim in the first place, but rather choose brands like Fullcount, Resolute, OOE Yofukuten etc.

Edited by Max Power

Without wishing to turn this into a mass debate (Maynard where are you?), there are many factors to the type of fade you get. The denim, the cut, the fit, the dye treatment, and the wearers lifestyle.

I would not necessarily say that heavy denim is bad or good for vintage fades, other factors will influence this too much.For the last few years I have worn heavy denim almost exclusively, but the cuts I wear and the lifestyle I lead means that high contrast fades are usually beyond me.

Fading is a complex thing if you think about it too much, but in fact it's a really, really simple thing and it will happen as it happens.

It's almost an oxymoron.

Hahaha. Was that suppose to mean something? Or someone rather.. :P

here is my 7months evo for these jeans.quite slow due to rotate with another pair.

Have to remember this is a two year contest, but these look bloody awesome. Excited to see how they turn out after the two year mark.

Nope.  That one's just silly.  I don't believe in it at all.

Well, I'm not going to argue with an Anteater. :D :D :D

Edited by 501XX4EVER

Mega, what are the ways for being disqualified from this competition?  is there any clear do's and dont's 

It's pretty loose and tough to get kicked out dude. But if a person was to vanish for an extended period and suddenly come back with some perfectly evoed denim then it would be investigated.

Things like this operate on trust a lot of the time, for all I know you could all be sat there with sandpaper on your combs.

I'm gonna be more curious to see how many people have to retire their jeans early because they shredded them before the two years is up.  Or because they gained/lost weight and the jeans aren't wearable any more.  Two years is a long time...

That's the boat that I'm in right now. I've been dealing with some medical things for the past couple of months which have left me exhausted and expanded the waist by almost 3 inches. Hopefully that'll be changing with a trip to the doctor coming this week. I haven't been able to wear the contest jeans for the past few days with the bloat.

These have got to be the slowest evo jeans I've owned.  I love them.  Also, yes, they are tapered.  The most wear is apparent from the button on the workman wallet.  

xpost from /r/rawdenim

Also wearing Shockoe Denim overshirt, Archival crew, TG workman, wolverine 1000s.

8mgD3Pv.jpg

Edited by drumad

You're wearing MBB's right? Mine are evoing pretty fast man, far faster than any other Iron Hearts I've ever worn.

Yeah MBBs.  These are my first pair of IH's.  

I know they are a different tier of jeans but my APCs faded faster than these.

But apc's are some of the fastest fading jeans around. If you rule out the unbranded heavyweights.

That is true.  I haven't given up or anything on them obviously.  I do feel like the wallet in the back pocket is going to tear through sometime.

Maybe it is just me but my denim is being pretty stubborn.  They are the best jeans to date I have owned but I do wish the jeans would gratify me a little more for my time in them at this point. :P

All the best, BOF. Hope all turns out well.

Edited by Max Power

Most every pair has been doing fantastic, especially the Samurais!