Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Very comfortable. The handwoven aspect of it guarantees a loose weave that's both comfortable and airy.

Yea they're a lighter color to begin with, so unless the whiskers and combs turn completely white, it will be hard to see. Another reason is also because I went with a looser fit, so that combined with a loose weave and hardly any starch, makes creasing tough.

In my experience, denim fades become apparent at the 6 month mark. Still a ways to go. Good thing this is a 2 year contest eh? ;)

Edited by saintkeat

Gave the MBB's a break today.  Wore my OG Roy's to work.  Spent the weekend in the yard getting it ready for winter.  Still undecided on giving them a second soak.  Did a detailed/ extended blow off with compressed air and removed a ton of built up dust etc.  They almost had a grey cast to them. 

Will post pics later in the week. 

I've been wearing my MBBs harder the past few weeks, tons of painting, and general household maintenance as we are preparing to sell our house. We've already bought the new place(much bigger, has property, pool, 30x40" pole barn/workshop, 3 car garage...) so lots to do. I was apprehensive about possibly damaging my jeans, but my wife (who isn't into denim) reminded me that they should reflect the wearer's life, and that this was a pretty big time in our lives so I've been wearing them, no matter the task. It's been hard to get free time for pics, but I'll try my damnedest to get some up. I might give them their second wash as they've become a bit nasty from all the yard work.

7 months of wear, just got 5th wash.

10041478353_6effc13cdd_c.jpg

Where I've been hanging out lately:

9888521206_c40262ae5a_h.jpg

9888499675_b9a175a362_h.jpg

9888501165_5e6f16831e_h.jpg

9888510596_9f2369b53c_h.jpg

9888516796_4e3146c1fd_h.jpg

9888630893_8a038629c0_h.jpg

10041475485_5e33908220_b.jpg

10041476275_e6792763ca_b.jpg

All pics taken on my cell phone, so they're even cooler in real life!

Will post more pics of the jeans soon.  I completed contest 3 a month ago and just haven't gotten around to uploading pics yet, so I'll do that soon too. Hah.

Edited by cander49

Yeah...I need to do some repairs, luckily I still have the kit that came with my DC4001s. My pocket knives always end up shredding the stitching. You should see my uniform pants(I use my blades a lot more at work), they get destroyed and replaced often.

I've been mostly absent (but lurking) during the past few months, mostly due to a rigorous work schedule during summer but also because I've, um, gained some weight, which has made my contest jeans a wee bit uncomfortable to wear. 

To make a long story short, I have several knee issues that prevented me from doing physical activity (again) this summer, and the extra weight always goes straight to my already quite substantial thighs. I was blissfully unaware of the weight gain until I switched from loose shorts to heavy denim when the temperature sank.  :wacko:

Good news is I'm back on track and will be where I was before summer in no time, so expect an update soon. 

I'm in London for the day on Saturday wandering around the Best Of Britannia show for a few hours. I will have some free time for a couple of hours around 4pm if any London based Heavy Champs are feeling an impromptu beer?

It has been while since I had a chance to post...here are some challenge pics...

First...me in my Wrangler heading to a local jazzfest...

P1010720_zpsc3c82ac3.jpg

And on behalf of Fireburner...she made a horse doll out of raw denim pieces I had around..

P1040689_zps65d36a6b.jpg

I'm in London for the day on Saturday wandering around the Best Of Britannia show for a few hours. I will have some free time for a couple of hours around 4pm if any London based Heavy Champs are feeling an impromptu beer?

I was there last night and will be there today, Gav.

Unfortunately can't make it tomorrow as I've got a busy day at the workshop with appointments.

Enjoy. There are some great brands there and the Farmiloe building is a wonderful place for some good local beer whilst BoB is on.

Mega - I'll be there from mid-morning onward for a couple of hours.

Not sure if I'll still be there at 4pm, as I'm heading there directly from working tonight.

hopefully catch you. 

(NB. will not be wearing MBB, as came to work in my Roys - Doh!)

I'll be there mid-morning dude, later afternoon was just my allotted "beer time".

I will also not be wearing my MBB's, as it's a business trip for me so I will be in Trophy and Jelado attire.

Back from some days off in Denmark. We had the best of times: picking mushrooms, being at the stormy sea, chopping wood and making fire, good cooking and so on. Currently trying to get back into normal life (and starting with washing my jeans). See you and have a great sunday!

06os.jpg
v0wl.jpg
5dxq.jpg
p4jh.jpg
t5wi.jpg
x2tr.jpg
1ois.jpg
ped.jpg
hnqa.jpg
2mej.jpg

Edited by Max Power