Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Just pulled the trigger on my pair, as long as they are sized well ill be posting a teaser pic and sending in my information soon. So stoked! ^_^

And once I pay these things off i'll throw a few bucks to the paypal.

Edited by Pizza_Dough

HWDC Belt Samples

Ok, here we go with the leather and buckle options. The only things not pictured are the double pronged buckles, but they are basically a double pronged version of what you see here. If anyone wants any more/ better pictures taking of anything, I will endeavour to do so, and attempt to find correct lighting.

-The price of the belts is $100 shipped to HWDC contestants, and $120 shipped to none contestants. To pre-order you must pay 50% of the price up front, as I cannot afford to secure your order with my own money.

-The pre-order period begins on Monday the 14th of January, and ends on Monday the 28th of January, which is exactly 2 weeks.

-I am hoping that the belts will be ready to ship at the same time as the MBB's, and I am 99.9% sure that they will be, if not a little sooner.

-If you have ordered MBB's, and would prefer to have them shipped together, that is not a problem, unless you are in Asia, your MBB's will despatch from TSS in Singapore, and your belt will ship from the UK.

-To order (and this is the very important part), you must do the following.

* Make payment to [email protected] via paypal, stating Your name, Forum Name, Belt options, Delivery Address, HWDC number (if you have one), and waist size in the payment notes.

- If you choose the natural "Russet" leather, please be aware that it is not treated at all, and is more stretchy than the other options.

-When ordering your belt, remember to order the measurement of your jeans rather than your waist. The safest thing to do is measure an existing belt which fits you well. The measurements of your custom order are your responsibility, and no refunds will be given for inaccurate measurements on your part.

Leathers

9AD9F796-C499-4A20-A958-C4EA1EB01FF7-19450-0000193F5CA7BA13.jpg

Black Bridle

C2BD0655-85FD-437B-A8AC-518DE0C181A4-19450-0000193F62DE2E32.jpg

Dark Stain Bridle

C1843D5B-D7B2-48BA-92A2-580484B92746-19450-0000193F6941B9B0.jpg

Extra Dark Stain Bridle

B6A241B4-0824-49BE-B953-9EF9331821F0-19450-0000193F6F314F81.jpg

New Market Bridle

4522C887-5839-4704-8B2E-49D2B55D72C3-19450-0000193F751D5C54.jpg

London Tan Bridle

8794F36E-E0A9-43CC-A1D3-0ECA1FF9F70C-19450-0000193F7B2B262C.jpg

Natural Russet Italian Shoulder

34E007BE-80FC-4D1A-A154-6FA738A8B566-19450-0000193F883AF924.jpg

Black Italian Shoulder

705ACCD8-A5DE-4F48-A40E-C80793DFCC21-19450-0000193F929AC065.jpg

Brown Italian Shoulder (closer to a redish brown/ darker oxblood)

404417AE-ECF1-4778-B9B2-0F9320E02FBF-19450-0000193FA4A5F070.jpg

So, this belt waist size will be my current belt measurements from tip to hole? And do you know how much does bridle stretch? I really dont want this beautiful belt to overstretch and not get any wear time :(

Bridle doesn't really stretch much at all, you're safe. Italian shoulder is slightly more stretchy, and the natural russet comes with a warning from Crispin, which is why I mentioned it in the above post.

so are we supposed to measure our existing belts from the tip of the buckle to the middle hole, or from tip of leather under the belt to the middle hole??

confused since i have been told both measurements in the past when ordering a belt :wacko:

Is it just me or isn't everything really blurry? There's just a lot of text and pictures about nothing?

I mean, I can't even find when the competition starts or all the rules more than just one pair of jeans per compeditor. I can't even find what I shall do more than wear my jeans for 2 years.

Just get together a text with ALL the relevant info that every compeditor needs to know the participate!

Is it just me or isn't everything really blurry? There's just a lot of text and pictures about nothing?

I mean, I can't even find when the competition starts or all the rules more than just one pair of jeans per compeditor. I can't even find what I shall do more than wear my jeans for 2 years.

Just get together a text with ALL the relevant info that every compeditor needs to know the participate!

All the competition rules are in the first post, and to be fair, if you cannot be bothered to read 10 pages of a thread to find what you need to know, then this probably isn't the best place for you.

I can't even find what I shall do more than wear my jeans for 2 years.

I just read this bit again, so I am guessing that you're new to this and this is your first rodeo?

Let me make this quite clear for you in that case.

-It's a denim contest

-In a denim contest, competitors wear their denim for a prolonged period, to obtain a favourable aesthetic, which is then judged subjectively by qualified and respected individuals.

-In this contest, there are challenges to keep people interested, add to the fun, and assist in achieving a favourable aesthetic (see the first post).

-The rules also include such gems as.....

* Denim has to weigh 17oz or over (it is a Heavyweight championship after all).

* Your denim has to be either new, or have less than 30 wears.

* There is a start date and finish date.

I do hope that this has assisted with your understanding.

This afternoon I visited Leather Heaven, also known as Custom Leather, which can be found in Camden Lock.

The belts look good. The leather is thick and feels like it'll take on a pair of Mega Busters and win. Whilst there might be better made ones out there, I think that you'd be looking at spending a couple of times as much, and even then it'd be a marginal improvement.

Crispin's co-conspirator does some really fantastic two-tone belts. Sorry about the quality, but it's a mobile phone camera picture, and the colour is way off. The blue's more subtle, and closer to an indigo, but I couldn't quite get it right in the editor.

BlueBelts.jpg

All the competition rules are in the first post, and to be fair, if you cannot be bothered to read 10 pages of a thread to find what you need to know, then this probably isn't the best place for you.

I just read this bit again, so I am guessing that you're new to this and this is your first rodeo?

Let me make this quite clear for you in that case.

-It's a denim contest

-In a denim contest, competitors wear their denim for a prolonged period, to obtain a favourable aesthetic, which is then judged subjectively by qualified and respected individuals.

-In this contest, there are challenges to keep people interested, add to the fun, and assist in achieving a favourable aesthetic (see the first post).

-The rules also include such gems as.....

* Denim has to weigh 17oz or over (it is a Heavyweight championship after all).

* Your denim has to be either new, or have less than 30 wears.

* There is a start date and finish date.

I do hope that this has assisted with your understanding.

Sure I can read ten pages, but shouldn't it be as easy as possible to know everything that the competitor need to know to participate to the contest? How else are we supposed to get as many as we can to do this all the way?

I'm to interesded and forward that I can take the time and effort to get all the information that I need. But those who's not as I am and just sees that there's some competition but just wont bother to read 10 pages will probably just ignore it.

But hey, thats just how I think it should be. You have to be really clear with everyone, and espacally not answer with that attitude.