Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

More great updates coming in

Cool stuff. I'm surprised at how few people have posted final submissions so far though. Is there another forum on which people are posting final entries?

Edited by cander49

If there are more than 25 final submissions I will eat my jeans.....though not the new Sammies as they would break my teeth.

^Gav I love this

I couldn't eat or destroy any of my jeans since this would break my raw denim heart ha ha

I have one more brutal weekend to put my jeans through then I will post my pictures.

I'm completely blown away by those Louis, for some reason I just didn't know how awesome your jeans look at the moment. Well done mate, they're amazing.

Fully agree, beautiful work Louis!!

thanks gav and ruedi. they've been worn religiously over the past two years. i may not have that outdoor lifestyle that cander has but still i try my best..

I think they look better than mine. I wore mine too hard and now they don't have the contrast that yours does! I'm glad we're not in the same category also. :)

@kris honestly, i wouldn't know how the calf fades came about if you ask me. at one point i was a little fuss that the knee down weren't fading much. and without realising, after look at the photos i've posted, that there's some light fading there.

@max, speaking of fanya. i've been anxiously waiting and looking forward to his final updates...

It's already almost impossible and very hard for me to do a fair ranking.

I'll try my best, when all submissions have been updated.

Gav can let me know when time has come to judge

Ive been waiting for some sun to get good shots of my jeans...been dark and rainy all week. Still haven't washed my jeans in my two years either...should I do it now?! I clarified with saintkeat a while back who said soaking didn't count towards the prize for not washing so hopefully no one else has gone without washing except me =p. The prize jeans are in my size, hehe.

May 1st is when judging begins, you will have 4 weeks.

Perfect, thanks for infos

X-post from the final pic thread.  Thanks for organizing this Mega!

OK...  It's been a great couple of years with these jeans.

Oni Secret Denim (18oz).  Heavy weight category.

These past two years haven't been as exciting for me as for some other contestants, so I don't have any pictures other than the jeans to show.

Here is what the jeans looked like when I first got them:

9PzQqjk.jpg

And here they are now:

15Rvq2G.jpg

M7yNUAG.jpg

Being worn...  No one else to take the pictures for me...

FpCcwYm.jpg

0OI6aEn.jpg

YQ95cij.jpg

Some details... First, the wear on the button.  I find it funny that the enamel wore off of the top, but none of the others.

cLN4bqQ.jpg

And a few shots of the texture (rather unique material on the Onis):

HeFBKo1.jpg

zM75BB2.jpg

74VGhOr.jpg

I don't think that the material is going to take too much more before it starts tearing all over the place.