Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Flo What a collection

Have a great time at your new place!!!

Luisbosco

Impressing denim evo seen here

Will get what I have going on up after this upcoming week, I am ever busy since this year started.

^ Looking great already

Two weeks left, and I just hit another big milestone: the first ace I've ever thrown in disc golf! I've been playing for 9 months, and have gotten really serious about it over winter, having bought a basket to practice my putts, somewhere around 30 differently flying discs, and a disc-golf specific backpack to carry all of the discs. 

10428485_10100727406338715_5391255658507

It's a short hole at 249 feet, but you have to drive really left and curve it around super hard to get it near the basket. The blue line doesn't really work anymore, as the trees are super huge now, so I threw my hardest fading fairway driver around all of the trees and somehow got it in the basket.

022e35f5.jpg

If you're wondering about the weird shoes, I have to wear old trail running shoes to play, as I actually messed up the leather on a nice pair of Quoddys before I realized that I drag my foot on the followthrough all of my forehand drives.

cander, i've heard of golf, ive heard of frisbee. but what is disc golf? that 'disc' you're holding is a frisbee right?

Yeah, Frisbee is actually a brand, so they're just called discs. But yeah, they're basically the same thing. Disc golf is like regular golf, but you're throwing discs and you want to get them into a basket in as few strokes as possible. Just like in golf, you have all sorts of different drivers, fairway drivers, midranges, and approach/putters, and even some specialty ones. Different discs go farther than others, glide more or less than others, curve in different ways, etc. It's a pretty addicting sport so far. :)

Awesome denim evolution seen here the last days.

And I learned something new about disc golf from cander49

Really, really nice Max!  B)

The fading and patina are perfect at this stage!

This is usually when a pair goes into semi-retirement for me to save the beautiful condition instead of beating them to hell until I can't wear them anymore. 

Really, really nice Max!  B)

The fading and patina are perfect at this stage!

This is usually when a pair goes into semi-retirement for me to save the beautiful condition instead of beating them to hell until I can't wear them anymore. 

Thank you. Indeed, they're close to semiretirement now. Gave them another wash last night and will probably ut wear them occasionally from now on. But as it is the lightest coloured pair I own it will be hard. Most clothes just look & feel better with that pair compared to a completely dark pair.

^^^Great update pics everyinchofgod

^ ^^ Jin denim is so uniquely texture [compared to any, in my entire collection].

Couldn't bring myself to trash them__ not even for HWDC :)

I mean, I don't baby them__ i just wear them ... wash when needed & maintain them properly, so I can enjoy them years beyond the contest ... like my FCxSuFuxBiG 1108C. Cuz, bringing them closest to grail is like realizing their full potential ... & for me, the ultimate prize itself ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic